Crime Restaurant Employee Arrested for Dressing as Storm Trooper for May the Fourth Promotion in Canada

LOL great logic... hide your prejudice by treating everybody as badly as the people your prejudice against.... master plan!

The DC Sniper had that idea: he killed a bunch of random people so he could get away with murdering his wife.

I think the logic is actually painfully clear and obvious. If they can't get away with giving lenient treatment sometimes based on various judgment factors, then strict and unwavering adherence to policy is a surefire way to avoid charges of either special treatment or discrimination. I'm guessing this is lost on you?

Laugh if you will, but the police have caught *tremendous* criticism for policies which relied on their judgment to decide whether to take action or not. You avoid that easily if you take precisely the same action, as mandated by policy, in every encounter.

Isn't it clear? Nutty leftist ideology has infiltrated once highly respected police forces in small southern Alberta municipalities. Thanks Trudeau.
How is this arrest evidence of that?

How is this arrest evidence of that?

Sorry. Poor attempt at sarcasm. My bad.

Rural Alberta is the most conservative place in Canada, and the police there were always considered to be joke.

Rural Alberta is the most conservative place in Canada, and the police there were always considered to be joke.
Poe’s law, sorry.

Lethbridge isn't rural, it's the third biggest city in Alberta and a college town. The cities in Alberta are totally overrun with liberal bullshit.

crosswalk1.jpg

Lethbridge isn't rural, it's the third biggest city in Alberta and a college town. The cities in Alberta are totally overrun with liberal bullshit.

crosswalk1.jpg
Would you let your hypothetical kids cross there?

Paint rainbow where cars go, if cars go there, OMG direct attack!

LGBTQ+ in a nutshell

Captain Kirk himself is not impressed by the performance of these so-called cops.

And next week if there is an event where someone shoots up a bunch of people with something that people thought was a fake gun, the twitter crowd and the armchair commentators will all be "They need to take these things more seriously! WE NEED TO BE VIGILANT!"

Don't get me wrong, I think this is ridiculous. As I said above though, we (Canadians) can't in one breath rattle on about how serious guns are, about how we must stop gun violence at any cost, ban this, ban that, etc, and then in the next breath say "But the police shouldn't take a call about someone with a machine gun seriously." This isn't just stupidity - it's stupidity we have demanded through our stance on firearms.

And next week if there is an event where someone shoots up a bunch of people with something that people thought was a fake gun, the twitter crowd and the armchair commentators will all be "They need to take these things more seriously! WE NEED TO BE VIGILANT!"

Don't get me wrong, I think this is ridiculous. As I said above though, we (Canadians) can't in one breath rattle on about how serious guns are, about how we must stop gun violence at any cost, ban this, ban that, etc, and then in the next breath say "But the police shouldn't take a call about someone with a machine gun seriously." This isn't just stupidity - it's stupidity we have demanded through our stance on firearms.

How vigilant do you need to be to realise a girl in a Stormtrooper outfit, on Star Wars day, outside a Star Wars-themed restaurant, carrying what a child could identify as a plastic toy, doesn't need long guns pointed at her and face-planted onto the fucking pavement?:rolleyes:

The cops were retards. Or so high on their own power they knew they were wrong and just didn't care. Either way, I hope they lose their jobs and the girl sues the PD that employed these fucktards for a life changing amount of money.

Last edited:
How vigilant do you need to be to realise a girl in a Stormtrooper outfit, on fucking Star Wars day, carrying what a child could identify as a plastic toy, doesn't require pointing long guns at her and shoving her face-first on to the pavement?

The cops were retards. Or so high on their own power they knew they were wrong and just didn't care. Either way, I hope they lose their jobs and the girl sues the PD that employed these fucktards for a significant amount of money.

tbf stromtroopers are the bad guys and cops fight the bad guys

tbf stromtroopers are the bad guys and cops fight the bad guys

Stormtroopers couldn't a bull in the ass if they were holding it by the tail. Cops should have known they were in no danger even if she'd been holding a real weapon;)

How vigilant do you need to be to realise a girl in a Stormtrooper outfit, on Star Wars day, outside a Star Wars-themed restaurant, carrying what a child could identify as a plastic toy, doesn't need long guns pointed at her and face-planted onto the fucking pavement?:rolleyes:

The cops were retards. Or so high on their own power they knew they were wrong and just didn't care. Either way, I hope they lose their jobs and the girl sues the PD that employed these fucktards for a life changing amount of money.

Keep in mind, the level of unthinking, dogged seriousness the highest government in the land is directing towards this thing is so intense that it has them banning a coffee company:

Canada just banned a coffee company

I’m sure this law is going to be very well thought out and not at all another case of people with no clue about firearms trying to define what an assault weapon to them is

Again, you can't have this level of unthinking "GUNS ARE EVIL!" rhetoric without expecting draconian measures to be applied around guns, without exception. If something went wrong, the populace of Canada which doesn't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle would be lined up screaming "WE NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!" - and so, we take it seriously to the point of it being comic. This is what we're seeing.

I get that this isn't what you want. It isn't what I want (see earlier posts). The problem is, the anti-gun crowd in Canada is absolutely rabid and all but completely uninformed. They demand outright unreasonable action to be taken to deal with gun violence. That being the case, you think the police are going to adopt a gun policy that is anything but unthinking and draconian in its strictness? This is what Canada has been asking for - and, go figure, it's getting it. If it didn't go down this way and something went wrong, Trudeau would be giving more speeches about weapons of war and capguns would be on the list next and we'd be back to talking about violent video games.

Keep in mind, the level of unthinking, dogged seriousness the highest government in the land is directing towards this thing is so intense that it has them banning a coffee company:

Again, you can't have this level of unthinking "GUNS ARE EVIL!" rhetoric without expecting draconian measures to be applied around guns, without exception. If something went wrong, the populace of Canada which doesn't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle would be lined up screaming "WE NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!" - and so, we take it seriously to the point of it being comic. This is what we're seeing.

I get that this isn't what you want. It isn't what I want (see earlier posts). The problem is, the anti-gun crowd in Canada is absolutely rabid and all but completely uninformed. They demand outright unreasonable action to be taken to deal with gun violence. That being the case, you think the police are going to adopt a gun policy that is anything but unthinking and draconian in its strictness? This is what Canada has been asking for - and, go figure, it's getting it. If it didn't go down this way and something went wrong, Trudeau would be giving more speeches about weapons of war and capguns would be on the list next and we'd be back to talking about violent video games.

I think that, on the eve of the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Canadian police should be aware that, "We were under orders!" is not a valid excuse.

I think that, on the eve of the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Canadian police should be aware that, "We were under orders!" is not a valid excuse.

I think that historical consideration needs to be played against the contemporary consideration of, if they are lenient and ignore protocol on a gun call and something goes wrong, the public will be calling for their heads and they won't have the excuse of "We were under orders! Following protocol!" to fall back on. They can be lenient and have it work out well 99 times, but if it screws up on the 100th, the public will be marching down the streets with banners reading "POLICE NEED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD" - and then it's off with their heads and a demand for more strict policy to be implemented. Frankly, that's probably how this whole situation ended up happening to begin with.

I think that historical consideration needs to be played against the contemporary consideration of, if they are lenient and ignore protocol on a gun call and something goes wrong, the public will be calling for their heads and they won't have the excuse of "We were under orders! Following protocol!" to fall back on. They can be lenient and have it work out well 99 times, but if it screws up on the 100th, the public will be marching down the streets with banners reading "POLICE NEED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD" - and then it's off with their heads and a demand for more strict policy to be implemented. Frankly, that's probably how this whole situation ended up happening to begin with.

If protocol demands that level of aggression for what was clearly a non-threatening situation, then protocol is deeply flawed. And anyone who blindly follows it lacks both the basic intelligence and moral courage to be a police officer.

You have gone beyond playing Devil's Advocate and are now trying to defend the indefensible by presenting hypothetical situations.

If protocol demands that level of aggression for what was clearly a non-threatening situation, then protocol is deeply flawed. And anyone who blindly follows it lacks both the basic intelligence and moral courage to be a police officer.

You have gone beyond playing Devil's Advocate and are now trying to defend the indefensible by presenting hypothetical situations.

I'm not playing Devil's Advocate. That implies that there is a position on the other end that I think is approaching reasonable and I'm saying "But this could make sense." I don't think that is the case. This is a product of hysteria - the (ironically) logical end of hysteria guiding policymaking and the response of official organizations to firearms. I'm just spelling out how we likely arrived here and, however utterly bonkers it is, it is all but expected given the conditions in Canada. If the populace is utterly hysterical about guns to the point where the government is banning coffee companies because it has "rifle" in the name, the end result is going to be approaches to gun violence which are outright draconian. That's what we're seeing here. I'm not endorsing it. I'm not arguing for it. I'm saying "We are now reaping what we have sewn."

It shouldn't be like this. It most likely is because we've stopped letting calm and collected faculties guide our response to anything guns in Canada. But frankly, as a police department, if their policy says "Do X in case of a gun call" they probably don't want to buck that official doctrine right now because they know the public won't hesitate to crucify them if their negligence towards protocol results in so much as a flesh wound from a firearm. As is, I bet these guys don't lose their jobs or even suffer. They were, after all, just following protocol (I assume - everything I say is based on that assumption being true).

I'm not playing Devil's Advocate. That implies that there is a position on the other end that I think is approaching reasonable and I'm saying "But this could make sense." I don't think that is the case. This is a product of hysteria - the (ironically) logical end of hysteria guiding policymaking and the response of official organizations to firearms. I'm just spelling out how we likely arrived here and, however utterly bonkers it is, it is all but expected given the conditions in Canada. If the populace is utterly hysterical about guns to the point where the government is banning coffee companies because it has "rifle" in the name, the end result is going to be approaches to gun violence which are outright draconian. That's what we're seeing here. I'm not endorsing it. I'm not arguing for it. I'm saying "We are now reaping what we have sewn."

It shouldn't be like this. It most likely is because we've stopped letting calm and collected faculties guide our response to anything guns in Canada. But frankly, as a police department, if their policy says "Do X in case of a gun call" they probably don't want to buck that official doctrine right now because they know the public won't hesitate to crucify them if their negligence towards protocol results in so much as a flesh wound from a firearm. As is, I bet these guys don't lose their jobs or even suffer. They were, after all, just following protocol (I assume - everything I say is based on that assumption being true).

No, you're trying to shift responsibility from two retards who shouldn't be allowed to give out parking tickets much less carry firearms onto larger issues such as Canada's policy on guns. Which I'm not going to comment on because I don't know enough about the subject and because it's utterly irrelevant to this situation. The so-called cops are the ones responsible for what happened. No one else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back