Respect to Conor for wanting to move up for a shot At triple champ.

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Imagine if Conor tried to call out Cejudo for a shot at BW gold?

It would only be possible if Conor lost a bunch of muscle mass under USADA. Conor would be ridiculed for trying to weasel 20lbs down from a 155lb title shot to a 135lb title shot.

you gotta give Conor the respect for wanting to challenge himself against bigger fighters, instead of trying to cherry-picking a champion with a size disadvantage under the guise of a legacy fight.

He’s not serious about fighting Usman. He just mentioned it to justify fighting Cerrone at 170.

I think Conor absolutely tools Justin and gives Jorge a tough fight. He would get absolutely grapple fucked by Usman. Usman wouldn't play around with striking, he'd shoot early and wear down Conor then finish him.

We would watch a man get drowned to death on dry land

Thread seems a bit premature

That said, I could see Conor taking that fight. It would be the ultimate zero risk/unlimited reward fight of his MMA career

Conor vs Usman = Conor vs Khabib but much worse for Conor. He's not getting the belt at 170 and he's not getting the belt at 155 back. Beating Cowboy doesn't change anything.
Not sure I get the point about Conor at 135, Conor at 145 looked skeletal so unless he chopped a leg off 135 was never an option.

I think Conor absolutely tools Justin and gives Jorge a tough fight. He would get absolutely grapple fucked by Usman. Usman wouldn't play around with striking, he'd shoot early and wear down Conor then finish him.

Yeah I don’t know why he thinks he could beat Usman...Usman is about as legit as they come, and his wrestling is extremely dominant

It's more likely to see Conor fight Usman than rematch Kahbib. More to win and less to lose, with pretty much the same chance of success.

But my guess is that Conor will keep himself busy in non-title fights until the belt changes hands to someone he thinks he can beat.

Even he's probably surprised about how much praise and accolades he's getting for beating the likes of Cowboy, why not just keep doing that?

Conor is not dumb he would only challenge for the welterweight title if Masvidal won it from Usman.

this, unfortunately

I agree with most of this post, however I think Conor has a decent shot at Street Jesus and I think he not only tools Gaejhe but Tony as well.

Yeah. Aldo and Anderson should take notes

So its ok to have a laugh. Strange days we have here indeed. In the lst few months Connor was blessed, stumped on. forgotten, shit on and so on. First thing is first. He is a martial arts practicioner. Stepped inside the octagon. Could have taken a differnt path of life. He chose the one we love to see/comment/care about. "He does exist for this one or the next one comment. Did you ever thought abouth the guy post his accomplishments? He once had our brains scramble, how is he doing?

Yeah Jorge is probably an easier fight for Conor than Usman. The smart move would be to let them fight it out and hope Jorge wins.

Gsp mainly
Respect to Conor for wanting to move up for a shot At triple champ

Imagine if Conor tried to call out Cejudo for a shot at BW gold?

you gotta give Conor the respect for wanting to challenge himself against bigger fighters, instead of trying to cherry-picking a champion with a size disadvantage

This clearly applies to Aldo and Anderson more

Respect for accepting a challenge

Disrespect for not PROVING you are not a 1 trick pony.

Not 1 single title defense is just sad.

Back