Resident Evil 3 Remake

It's boring. Where's the truly original ideas?

I agree.

I want original stuff. It must suck to be a generation Z, all they get is remakes of shIt that millennials just grew up with.

Gen-Z just gets cultural hand-me-downs, with no generation-defining stuff. It’s pitiful.

Resident Evil remakes, Final Fantasy remakes, Transformers remakes, Batman remakes ad infinitum.

It’s why I like games like Mortal Kombat 11, they keep some of the old, but introduce a whole generation of new characters and content.

I can’t believe that RE3 remake is getting slammed by critics so badly.

Yet, a lot of these same people “loved RE2”.

A lot of the critics are citing problems with RE3 that were also problems in RE2. I.e. missing content, missing plot points.

I, initially, was very critical of RE2, but eventually came round to liking it, purely because I stopped comparing it to the original and just treated it as it’s own game.

I got so much flack for openly criticising that game. Yet, now people are hating RE3 for the same reasons, lol.
Perhaps its a 'been there, done that' syndrome. I wanted to get it, but after RE2MAKE, i wasnt sure. I really enjoyed RE2MAKE, but the desire to like it MORE should be present. Instead, annoyance is there. Mr. X was better in idea than reality. Fucker became so fucking irritating, that every time i heard foot step, i said "ugh, god dammit."

What i wouldve liked, since i played and finished this AND the original, i dont know how many times, was some sort of fun mode. Disabling the irritation wouldve solved my problem.

RE3 was all about that asshole and i thought, id rather shit acid. When it got bad reviews, i admit, i was a bit disappointed. I keep thinking im grading too hard, but after reading the reviews, it seems.they fucked up their own product.

That's an original game. Disco Elysium, Death Stranding, Control, and Outer Wilds were all original games that came out last year and were all well received by critics and won awards.

That's an original game. Disco Elysium, Death Stranding, Control, and Outer Wilds were all original games that came out last year and were all well received by critics and won awards.

I think you might be confusing his point of "originality". I don't think he means that original IP's are rare, just that game design itself hasn't been evolving much, when compared to previous gens. To which, I'd have to agree. There are a few outliers, but for the most part, I think this gen has just pumped out bigger and prettier versions of games that have the same basic design as last gen games.

Not a horrible thing, as the games are still pretty damn good, regardless. I just think it's hard to top all the innovation of the 7th gen, and this gen has being spinning it's tires a bit. From a creative standpoint at least. Still lots of great games, just not a lot of innovation and evolution. I think we might just be at the creative pinnacle for standard games, and are gonna have to wait until they can figure out VR and make it standard, before we get some truly groundbreaking stuff again.

I think you might be confusing his point of "originality". I don't think he means that original IP's are rare, just that game design itself hasn't been evolving much, when compared to previous gens. To which, I'd have to agree. There are a few outliers, but for the most part, I think this gen has just pumped out bigger and prettier versions of games that have the same basic design as last gen games.

Not a horrible thing, as the games are still pretty damn good, regardless. I just think it's hard to top all the innovation of the 7th gen, and this gen has being spinning it's tires a bit. From a creative standpoint at least. Still lots of great games, just not a lot of innovation and evolution. I think we might just be at the creative pinnacle for standard games, and are gonna have to wait until they can figure out VR and make it standard, before we get some truly groundbreaking stuff again.
Ohhh I understand. I guess Death Stranding would be the one that I named that would be applicable then.

I saw it, haven't played it though. It just looked like another samurai game, with more horror.

Death Stranding won awards? :eek:

I can’t believe that RE3 remake is getting slammed by critics so badly.

Yet, a lot of these same people “loved RE2”.

A lot of the critics are citing problems with RE3 that were also problems in RE2. I.e. missing content, missing plot points.

I, initially, was very critical of RE2, but eventually came round to liking it, purely because I stopped comparing it to the original and just treated it as it’s own game.

I got so much flack for openly criticising that game. Yet, now people are hating RE3 for the same reasons, lol.
Eh as someone that bought both on day one, 3 is very short and no mercenary mode to pad out length. Beat it in 2 to 3 sessions and was completely done with it, pretty much zero replay value.

Decided to revisit this game and start a Nightmare play through. My god, final Nightmare Nemmy is one of the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever fought in a game. Almost guaranteed a one hit death so there’s practically no room for error.

I enjoyed my time with it again. I’d like to come back to it but I need a break after that.

Back