Resident Evil 3 Remake

So which RE Remake do ya'll think is best?
2 for sure. Almost done with RE3 I think and it's ok, but underwhelming. I REALLY don't like their insistence on making the zombies bullet sponges and putting just a few in every area. The opposite of the style of gameplay I want from something like this.

And having zombies walk through multiple headshots will never feel right.

Kinda saw it coming with how Nemesis turns zombies into those parasite things. My immediate thought was Las Plagas lol

They really don't need to do a RE4 Remake though. RE4 is totally fine as is, and CVX and Zero need it way more.

Last edited:
I like a RE4make. Do not like the same team that made RE3make is doing it.

hm not sure if i want a resident evil 4 remake.
Kinda saw it coming with how Nemesis turns zombies into those parasite things. My immediate thought was Las Plagas lol

They really don't need to do a RE4 Remake though. RE4 is totally fine as is, and CVX and Zero need it way more.
Yup, I feel like they have nowhere to go but down with remaking RE4. Its already one of the greatest games ever and it still holds up perfectly fine.

It’ll sell like crazy though and I’ll definitely get it but it’s like 3rd or 4th on the list of titles I’d like to see remade by them.

Code veronica needs it more. I agree.

CV was the more obvious choice but damn I want Dino Crisis remade. So many good ideas that were executed poorly. Plus imagine seeing raptors and a T-Rex in this engine.

<{Joewithit}>

CV was the more obvious choice but damn I want Dino Crisis remade. So many good ideas that were executed poorly. Plus imagine seeing raptors and a T-Rex in this engine.

<{Joewithit}>

oh yea forgot about dino crisis. that needs a remake more than any of the RE series. XD

<{Joewithit}>
oh yea forgot about dino crisis. that needs a remake more than any of the RE series. XD
I rally hoped we'd atleast get the originals on the PSN so people who havent played it, could - in Europe atleast.

RE4 remake is literally the money printing game for them. But tbh im sick of remakes, are we gonna have remakes of remakes in the future? When do we leave games alone?

I rally hoped we'd atleast get the originals on the PSN so people who havent played it, could - in Europe atleast.

RE4 remake is literally the money printing game for them. But tbh im sick of remakes, are we gonna have remakes of remakes in the future? When do we leave games alone?

I agree with you on remakes.. its like hollywood not leaving the original movies alone.. lol video game industry is like that. some remakes are fine though (Example: Resident evil 1 remake on the gamecube (good remake.)).

I agree with you on remakes.. its like hollywood not leaving the original movies alone.. lol video game industry is like that. some remakes are fine though (Example: Resident evil 1 remake on the gamecube (good remake.)).

I get the first REmake, its how Mikami wanted the first RE game to be, Its litterally a 99% copy and paste of the first game with improved controls, improved graphics and added cut content from the original. Its more like a remaster, compared to a remake like the current RE games.

RE3make isnt really a remaster remake, but a re-imagining of the RE3 1999 and its weaker for it. But then again, RE2 was like that and it smashed it.

Maybe we just want amazing RE games, instead of remakes which dont reach the originals. Id rather RE8 and RE9 games be focused on..

I'm fine with remakes of certain games tbh. A lot of older games never had voice acting, well made cutscenes, the writing wasn't as good in the past nor the voice actors, and certain gameplay mechanics might not have been even invented yet. It really does depend on the game for me though, and that's why I'm not excited for RE4 Remake.

I was really looking forward to RE3 Remake because the original was a great game, but had a lot of flaws in terms of pacing, certain mechanics not working too well, and it being a bit weak compared to RE 2. I was a little disappointed in it though, and still hold some of those criticisms.

I'm fine with remakes of certain games tbh. A lot of older games never had voice acting, well made cutscenes, the writing wasn't as good in the past nor the voice actors, and certain gameplay mechanics might not have been even invented yet. It really does depend on the game for me though, and that's why I'm not excited for RE4 Remake.

I was really looking forward to RE3 Remake because the original was a great game, but had a lot of flaws in terms of pacing, certain mechanics not working too well, and it being a bit weak compared to RE 2. I was a little disappointed in it though, and still hold some of those criticisms.
REmakes voice acting is stale cmpared to the original. Atleast the original has many quotable, it was terrible but terribly terrific. REmake was boring in that regard.

The gameplay was literally what made the first game the classic that it is. REmake didnt change that at all, but allowed for better character movement. These newer remakes are chaning the gameplay, so they'll hit or miss.

RE3's pacing was nearly fantastic to me. I dont recall ever being bored in that game. Pacing in RE games are usually solid. Id say RE3 is better paced than RE2 imo.

But youre right, it all depends on the game.

RE1 is still the gold standard for remakes (and you can put the old voice track back in on PC). I don't mind the changes to 2 and 3 though since those were far more action-oriented anyhow.

REmakes voice acting is stale cmpared to the original. Atleast the original has many quotable, it was terrible but terribly terrific. REmake was boring in that regard.

The gameplay was literally what made the first game the classic that it is. REmake didnt change that at all, but allowed for better character movement. These newer remakes are chaning the gameplay, so they'll hit or miss.

RE3's pacing was nearly fantastic to me. I dont recall ever being bored in that game. Pacing in RE games are usually solid. Id say RE3 is better paced than RE2 imo.

But youre right, it all depends on the game.
Oh, I wasn't saying these all directly applied to Resident Evil games, just remakes in general. Like FF7 just came out and that game didn't even have voice acting, so that's an area where a clear objective improvement can be made. My bad for not making that clear.

For gameplay elements for RE3 original, I was referring to the dodge mechanic not exactly being fun to use or useful when you do use it most of the time. You could look at a concept of a remake for RE 3 and say there's something that's worth revisiting, and I think RE3 Remake did that very well.

Last edited:
RE1 is still the gold standard for remakes (and you can put the old voice track back in on PC). I don't mind the changes to 2 and 3 though since those were far more action-oriented anyhow.
I agree. I get most people appreciate the modern over the shoulder camera but I think part of what' makes Resident Evil so great are the fixed camera and prerendered backgrounds. It's part of its charm. There are enough 3rd person action games. I think RE2 was the perfect blend but 3 proved they're just going to take it too far in the other direction.

Back