Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the controls for the RE2 remake translate to PC? I'm thinking of getting it.
They're fantastic, super tight. It's basically any good third person shooter, and thankfully with a field of view slider. Try the demo first!

It's super gratifying taking limbs off with such precision lol. Those 30 mins went by way too fast. There are some achievement hacks you can use to extend things, but I never like gambling with that account. It's pretty easy to create a new account though, but I'm holding off for the full game, can't wait!

That's funny, I just spent the last few hours playing it. The controls are so damn frustrating at times, but I love the setting and needed more RE after that demo. I'm playing the 2014 release from Steam, best controls since the Wii version, but that was a jaggy mess. I finally met the merchant, then ran into those fucking grenade happy villagers on the bridges. How many grenades do those bastards have lol. This is the furthest I've ever gotten in the game.

Check out this HD mod that's been out for a while, I think they're close to redoing the entire game now. I think I'm going to install and keep getting used to the controls

Weird thing, I never ran into the chainsaw guy in the mob encounter at the village. I was so damn tense the whole time. He was terrifying!

The controls actually didnt suck when the game came out, fps games just went and did it better. Dont think of the controls like traditional tps, fps controls in terms of movement and camera. Think of the right analogue as changing perspective and the left analogue to move forwards and backwards.

I just wish more people could get passed that and enjoy a top 3 game of all time. Its there a better paced game ever?

The controls actually didnt suck when the game came out, fps games just went and did it better. Dont think of the controls like traditional tps, fps controls in terms of movement and camera. Think of the right analogue as changing perspective and the left analogue to move forwards and backwards.

I just wish more people could get passed that and enjoy a top 3 game of all time. Its there a better paced game ever?
I always thought they were terrible, even when it was first ported to PS2. I had no issues with the tank controls on earlier games. I always liked the fixed camera angles, which let them make photo realistic environments. It created a lot of suspense too. They had to evolve though, but I never liked what they came up with control wise. They were merging tanking and free cam, but it felt janky.

I bought this damn game on PS2, PC (2007) Wii and eventually Steam lol, so I've wanted to play it, as I love setting. RE5 def improved the controls bringing in strafing, but forcing us to stand still while shooting/using melee was always jarring for me, when coupled with a free camera. RE6 had the best controls pre RE7, but it didn't feel like an RE game.

Evil Within (2 is amazing) felt like an evolved RE game, control wise, so I'm happy they improved on that with this remaster. It feels just right. RE7 was incredible, at least the mansion parts, but I like a third person view in my RE games.

Hopefully that makes sense lol

Not digging this game. The static crosshair is fucking lame. The laser pointer that moves with your arms was the best part of RE4-RE6 gunplay.

I am definitely not buying it from a 1st party vendor. I will not give Capcom my money directly for this. All I really wanted was an HD Remake. Making it 3D is fine, but making the gunplay less fun than RE5 is just retarded.

Also not supporting the original control layout pisses me off. I want to shoot with X, not the the triggers. I still play RE4 and RE5 all the time and having to switch control schemes is BS.

How do the controls for the RE2 remake translate to PC? I'm thinking of getting it.

I don't understand this. One of my friends said the same thing. He won't buy Resident Evil 2 on PC because it's a "console" game. What does that even mean?

PC games are literally the same as console games now. Get an Xbox One or 360 controller and you don't have to do anything. You start the game and the controller is mapped and ready to go exactly like a console game would be.

I don't understand this. One of my friends said the same thing. He won't buy Resident Evil 2 on PC because it's a "console" game. What does that even mean?

PC games are literally the same as console games now. Get an Xbox One or 360 controller and you don't have to do anything. You start the game and the controller is mapped and ready to go exactly like a console game would be.

Sorry, I have the technological sensiblities of an 80 year old man. In case you missed it, I still have my PS1 plugged in and I'm not even sure how I managed that.

Sorry, I have the technological sensiblities of an 80 year old man. In case you missed it, I still have my PS1 plugged in and I'm not even sure how I managed that.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude. A lot of people just seem to think that PC gaming is like it was 20 years ago where you have to mess with getting controllers to work or use a keyboard for everything.

Not digging this game. The static crosshair is fucking lame. The laser pointer that moves with your arms was the best part of RE4-RE6 gunplay.

I am definitely not buying it from a 1st party vendor. I will not give Capcom my money directly for this. All I really wanted was an HD Remake. Making it 3D is fine, but making the gunplay less fun than RE5 is just retarded.

Also not supporting the original control layout pisses me off. I want to shoot with X, not the the triggers. I still play RE4 and RE5 all the time and having to switch control schemes is BS.

You love RE5, so ofcourse you want more of that. Ive recently replayed the series, and 4 >>>>>>>>>> 5. 5 was utterly mediocre. I liked some, but it was a chore to get through again.

Remake 2 will decimate what 5 is. Itll be one of the better RE games, up there with 4,

You love RE5, so ofcourse you want more of that. Ive recently replayed the series, and 4 >>>>>>>>>> 5. 5 was utterly mediocre. I liked some, but it was a chore to get through again.

Remake 2 will decimate what 5 is. Itll be one of the better RE games, up there with 4,

The demo says otherwise.

The demo says otherwise.
I only ever see you complain about games, the demo actually made me more excited than I was. I really hope you do enjoy gaming dude, because 90% of the stuff I read from you is mostly negative. Whats the point playing games if you dont like em?

5 was amazing to me because of the co op (then they shows how bad you can make it with 6)

4 was awesome but, doing the ada run through now.

Some people are just never happy though.

5 was amazing to me because of the co op (then they shows how bad you can make it with 6)

4 was awesome but, doing the ada run through now.

Some people are just never happy though.

Yea my favorite thing about 5 was the coop. It was a fun game in general but me and my ex played the game on the highest difficulty and one boss took us over 99 tries until we beat him.

5 was a fantastic coop game. Still is.
As an overall game though, 4 takes a giant shit on it.

Played the demo today. Absolutely loved it. really caught tension well when you got lost in the dark hallways and tried to make a break for it. I got wrecked a few times as i panicked and got lost trying to make it back to the main hall.

I hope they have a laser sight like in RE 4 tho. I wasnt digging the cross hairs

Already got it preordered. Will be ready to play Friday after work. Beat DQXI last weekend just in time, wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not.

If this is even better than 7, then its an all time great game.

Capcom delivering.

I hope Square is paying attention #dontscewupFF7

This game has very good reviews so far, a few 10s and 9s. Will buy it tomorrow

Some PC gamers are just stubborn. You ever watch "Worth A Buy" on Youtube? He's a great critic/personality, but he's totally and irrationally against console games, and anything to do with them, including a controller. There are so many videos of the guy bitching and moaning about key mapping for cross platform PC games that were clearly designed with a controller in mind. Even if the game works perfectly with a controller, he'll still struggle with the KB/M controls, and then dock the game points for "bad controls". It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back