• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Republican Lawmaker believes IVF is for Chumps and wants to ban it

As much as I do in making unwell people we'll, or antisocial people social.

It's called a public good.

Not a very "pro life" position being argued against you, is it?

Which ones are those? I'll wait.

Dude STFU, you pine for legislators who would curtail personal freedoms on day 1, and you would applaud their efforts to do so. You dont give a flying f*ck how hard we all get Daddied by the State so long as it aligns with your viewpoints. Libertarianism became a scam, right along with that AN-CAP nonsense the moment corporatists co-opted initially leftist principals and sought to monetize them, and use them To enforce the existences of socio-economic classes. There ain't a such thing as a "Libertarian" who would back this current Republican party, ESPECIALLY considering how hard Trump is courting silicon valley tech dweebs who are currently looking to evade taxes, kill regulations, let cryto-scams run wild, charge junk fees out the wazoo, etc. Guys like Omeed Malik who openly said the FTC is too aggressive under Biden. And all the other ones crying about the SEC, the FCC, the IRS, the DOJ. Right now they account for over 70% of donations to his campaign.

This modern "libertarianism" is nothing more than being on your knees for the billionaire class, lamenting for the robber barons. People who have broken laws like Pioneer Oil who was coordinating with OPEC to artificially inflate prices, or Kastimatedes who illegally fired striking workers. This is NOT Libertarianism, its corporatism. Kathryn Wylde made a statement that "the threat to capitalism from the Democrats is more concerning than the threat to Democracy from Trump." That statement says everything, because they're aware Trump IS a thread to Democracy, they just don't give f*ck so long as their assets are protected. They know a Trump Presidency would be cataclysmic for the working class having any actual say in the political landscape, and they and you dont give a crap about that.

Stop pretending you're about "freedom"...or that you understand the concept of Government actually protecting your freedoms. You'll be happy to either be a wage slave, or have wage slaves...so long as gays cant marry, trannies cant show their faces in public, women cant get abortions...or divorces, and its nearly impossible for brown people to move here. With a Government where you MUST be a loyalist to even work there, because "freedom:"

As much as I do in making unwell people we'll, or antisocial people social.

It's called a public good.
You’re a very generous person, I guess.

We (the US) can’t/don’t take care of the citizens we have, but you want to spend tax money on creating more people we can’t care for… ok.

We (the US) can’t/don’t take care of the citizens we have, but you want to spend tax money on creating more people we can’t care for… ok.
According to that logic we might as well get rid of the child tax credit, why give people tax breaks for having children that we can't care for?

people who go for IVF really want children. I’d bet they are better parents on average.

I agree 100%. Although with natural birth at least I don’t have to pay twice…
Oh well I disagree 100% because I strongly support the child tax credit including the expanded version we had that was phased out.

We (the US) don’t take care of the citizens we have, but you want to spend tax money on creating more people we can care for… ok.

There you go.

Post all fixed for ya!

Oh well I disagree 100% because I strongly support the child tax credit including the expanded version we had that was phased out.
So you’d like to me to pay for people to get pregnant and then pay them to raise their children… no thanks.

Dude STFU, you pine for legislators who would curtail personal freedoms on day 1, and you would applaud their efforts to do so. You dont give a flying f*ck how hard we all get Daddied by the State so long as it aligns with your viewpoints. Libertarianism became a scam, right along with that AN-CAP nonsense the moment corporatists co-opted initially leftist principals and sought to monetize them, and use them To enforce the existences of socio-economic classes. There ain't a such thing as a "Libertarian" who would back this current Republican party, ESPECIALLY considering how hard Trump is courting silicon valley tech dweebs who are currently looking to evade taxes, kill regulations, let cryto-scams run wild, charge junk fees out the wazoo, etc. Guys like Omeed Malik who openly said the FTC is too aggressive under Biden. And all the other ones crying about the SEC, the FCC, the IRS, the DOJ. Right now they account for over 70% of donations to his campaign.

This modern "libertarianism" is nothing more than being on your knees for the billionaire class, lamenting for the robber barons. People who have broken laws like Pioneer Oil who was coordinating with OPEC to artificially inflate prices, or Kastimatedes who illegally fired striking workers. This is NOT Libertarianism, its corporatism. Kathryn Wylde made a statement that "the threat to capitalism from the Democrats is more concerning than the threat to Democracy from Trump." That statement says everything, because they're aware Trump IS a thread to Democracy, they just don't give f*ck so long as their assets are protected. They know a Trump Presidency would be cataclysmic for the working class having any actual say in the political landscape, and they and you dont give a crap about that.

Stop pretending you're about "freedom"...or that you understand the concept of Government actually protecting your freedoms. You'll be happy to either be a wage slave, or have wage slaves...so long as gays cant marry, trannies cant show their faces in public, women cant get abortions...or divorces, and its nearly impossible for brown people to move here. With a Government where you MUST be a loyalist to even work there, because "freedom:"

That's a whole lot of words to say you know nothing about my political views.

So I have to be willing to pay for someone (everyone?) to undergo IVF in order to be pro life? Please make it make sense…

You're either "pro life" or not. If you'd vote for someone whose endgame is an IVF ban and yet someone who would ban abortion, you cannot be "pro life." You're merely "forced birth." And when it comes to finances you want to have a choice that you don't want others to have because they had sex.

So you’d like to me to pay for people to get pregnant and then pay them to raise their children… no thanks.

Ugh, you want me to pay for someone to put out YOUR house when it's on fire? You want me to pay for schools that educate YOUR kids?....no thanks.

How you sound right now.

I want lower child poverty is all but I guess that's too much to ask of the federal government.

I’ve seen a lot of them doing this shit now where they are trying to gaslight everyone into believing it was democrats that’s wanted to invade Iraq. Hell of a thing to witness
The playbook tends to go something like this:

"The left supported the Iraq War"

"Actually Democrats were more split on the issue while the GOP voted almost in unison in favor of the war"

"Listen, both sides are bad okay? All politicians are crooks, idk why you're defending the ones on your side but I am against both sides of the aisle"

What a fucking idiot. The whole anti IVF thing just doesn't make any sense to me.
The true purpose of working toward defunding or banning IVF is to work toward charging women who get abortions with murder under the belief that life begins at conception.

A hurdle to this is that clinics that use IVF typically generate multiple embryos and implant the most viable to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

If they were to prosecute women who get abortions with murder because life begins at conception, it would logically follow that they would have to charge IVF clinics with murder for every embryo discarded, even if that embryo wasn't viable.

IVF clinics make the most extreme abortion bans impossible because it would create a situation where there would be an unequal application of the law.

TL;DR: If you want to be able to charge women with murder for abortion (which is the actual motivation here), you have to do away with IVF clinics.

Last edited:
According to that logic we might as well get rid of the child tax credit, why give people tax breaks for having children that we can't care for?

While I disagree with defunding IVF, I strongly agree with eliminating the child tax credit. It is not the proper role of the government to manipulate the tax code in order to incentivize personal life choices.

I would also disagree with any sort of tax credit for those who decide not to have children. These are personal choices neither of which are illegal. It's not the governments business.

Back