Reps/weight to one rep max ratio

Oh, by the way, a few pieces of info:

The formula I gave is a good indicator, but not a guarantee. If it says you bench X amount, you are likely, but not certain, to be able to do it for one rep.

The formula doesn't mean you get to bench without a spotter. Always use a spotter for bench press.

Enough of the public service announcements - back to lifting, boys and girls.

My max is always higher than charts tell me. I don't know WHAT the hell is wrong with ya'll.

CarnalSalvation said:
My max is always higher than charts tell me. I don't know WHAT the hell is wrong with ya'll.
You power lift right? keep things around 1-3 reps? Don't train to failure usually?

Maybe thats why.

I know man.

You gotta get a sarcasm meter contraceptives installed in your computer.

Otherwise you might run the risk of making another such faux pas.

CarnalSalvation said:
I know man.

You gotta get a sarcasm meter contraceptives installed in your computer.

Otherwise you might run the risk of making another such faux pas.
LMFAO

Should have known.

I guess you won't let that go for awhile. :redface:

no, because A. I'm a jackass and B. I'm currently sober, which means I'll remember that shit better.

Carnal is always off the charts. He lives that way.

BabyPhenom said:
Ted-P.,

add to that 12 reps really does nothing for strength.

I agree in principle, but it must be doing something if that cat is benching 345 twelve f*&%ing times.

Cmart said:
The bench shirt is a touchy subject here. Best just to say that a raw lift is one without a special shirt. Unless you are competing in the bench press, there is never a reason to wear a bench shirt.

Precisely.

Bench shirts are not for athletes. They're for competitors who care how much they lift, not how much lifting improves their functional strength.

Back