Law Rep Omar introduces resolution stating every american has the right to support BDS

I was mistaken about the apology, I can only find one for the supposed anti semitic comments, not for the "trivializing" 9/11.

Apologies

No sweat. I was unable to find an apology from her as well, that’s why I asked.

There is a lot more to being an ally than support in the UN. Why did you use that as your only metric to determine what is an allied nation?

It's the most obvious and the one that pertains particularly to Israel. After all, Israel was expressly asked by both Bush Administrations to refrain from participating in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Same now with Syria. And of course, being the strong ally that is the state of Israel, it acceded to our wishes.

I'm not American.

I'm sorry.

DD>TH

They can all go now as far as I'm concerned for calling themselves "the squad". Sound like 14 year old whiggers from Columbus, Ohio.
Taylor Swift disagrees

I usually like what Batya Ungar-Sargan has to say. She leans pretty far to the left and pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian state but is critical of the far left. She has been critical of Omar's comments in the past and said she is playing into Trump's hands with her introducing this resolution even though the resolution isn't much of anything.

Last night she said what Trump recently tweeted and the chants of "send her back" yesterday were unacceptable. She got attacked by a ton of people last night on twitter who said she lead people to the chants and she is a hypocrite because she had been critical of Omar in the past.

Here is where she is accused by many of being a hypocrite and help to lead to the chants

She wrote a column today

"Criticism of Omar and others must remain fair game; she is, after all, an elected official, with a vote on whether the U.S. goes to war. Cries from the left that those of us who have criticized the outspoken Congresswomen have caused Trump’s racist comments are only the inverse of Trump’s belief that there is no difference between criticism and calls for deportation. "

oEb7lbq.gif
That just something you hold onto to watch when you are lonely?

I think a far more important right is to deport this Mogadishu street walker.

You already have that right. You don't have a right to a government contract, and you can't maintain your government contract while boycotting an allied country. Corporations cannot dictate national alliances. Seems the same people who pretend to be anti-corporation have now decided they hate Israel more and think corporations should now be able to decide who the government supports.

Holy shit, you're clueless.

Corporations choosing not to support Israel with their patronage is not corporations dictating who the US government supports: their right to do so is holding that the government can't require corporations or citizens to support foreign countries or else cede huge advantages in the marketplace. It's a matter of compulsory political speech.

Also, business firms are only a part of this discussion. If you knew anything about anti-BDS laws, you'd know that they've been leveraged against employees as well, with employees of federal, state, and local governments like teachers being fired for refusing to sign pledges that they won't boycott Israel.

Brilliant masterstroke from Omar. This is real 4D chess folks. Witness a brilliant minority woman using her strength and political savvy skills to destroy right wing dems (Pelosi) and the twitter tantrum president.

Huh? No other country has more consistently supported the U.S. in the U.N.

Well the US has used it´s security council veto powers dozens of times (43 times between 1972 and 2017) to keep the UN from condemning illegal settlements, human rights violations, killing of UN personnel, deliberate destruction of world food warehouses in Palistinian territory etc. So seems pretty natural that they would support the US in the UN.

No other country has more consistently supported Israel in the UN than the US.

Yep. If you want to be generous, you can say this is what allies do for each other.

If you want to be less generous, you can point out that unlike every other country we've ever aided, Israel doesn't bite the hand that feeds it.

Yep. If you want to be generous, you can say this is what allies do for each other.

If you want to be less generous, you can point out that unlike every other country we've ever aided, Israel doesn't bite the hand that feeds it.
Terribly stupid post. The worst argument ever. "But, Israel is our Ally." What a fucking joke!

So, in your limited mind, Israel can:
--Steal our nuclear secrets, tech and material
--Sell it to our sworn enemies (Pollard walks free as Americans remain in prison for weed)
--Kill our sailors and cover it up
--Kill us and our allies while getting caught trying to blame Arab-Muslims
--Cover up their role in 9/11 by having our government classify the evidence
--Listen in to all our cell phones including the government and even local police
--Buy both parties down to the local level while their agents, through both administrations remain at some of the highest levels in our government

All the while, demanding billions/year for their racist apartheid regime that continues their ethnic cleansing that we have now supported for decades.

Bottom line?
They are less an ally than they are a democracy... and that is saying something.

Stop yourself 'tard.

The SS Liberty was investigated 8 ways to Sunday
We spy on our allies - see Germany. They spy on us.
The Dancing Israeli conspiracy is a joke
And they're not buying our government.

The only thing you left out was that they kill Christian American babies to make Matzo for Passover.

Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs

BDS are controlled opposition they kicked out real Palestinians and replaced them with Jewish SJW's

I hope Ilmar Omar realises her party is full of Zionists as much as the Republican. Fact is most Jews vote Democrat though are on way more on right when it comes to Israel.

BDS are controlled opposition they kicked out real Palestinians and replaced them with Jewish SJW's

I hope Ilmar Omar realises her party is full of Zionists as much as the Republican. Fact is most Jews vote Democrat though are on way more on right when it comes to Israel.

Evangelist are more zionists than American Jews.
Lots of American Jews are getting less and less zionists, seeing awful Israeli policies.

But yeah, both American parties are full of zionists.

American Jews are less Zionist than Republican neo-cons.
IsraelEssay_static_security640px.png

012318_1.png

The ugly truth is that BDS has attracted a lot of real anti-semites, whether they be Muslim, Evangelical, or White Nationalist. So one needs to tread carefully with this topic to avoid getting lumped in with those who support it purely out of spite for Jews.

The SS Liberty was investigated 8 ways to Sunday

While I tend to defend Israel's right to exist, as they are the sole democracy surrounded by dangerous regimes and murderous ideologies on all sides, there's not much defending the SS Liberty attack. There is extremely strong evidence showing that they knew what they were doing.

Back