Renan Barao looks shot whether its the cut or TJ fights

I'm not saying he's overrated because of the shit Dana said - I said he's overrated because I've always felt he was overrated in the first place.

I believe he's overrated because of what his fans say, mostly. His fans would say crazy shit. They talked him up to the point it was just nuts. You can watch Barao long before his loss to TJ and you can see his holes, they're HUGE. TJ was the only guy who could really capitalize on it (McDonald did for a little while until he slowed down) but I've always felt Barao would lose to Cruz and believe he would lose to Assuncao, too.

His fans would talk him up like he's as good as Aldo. Even when Dana white said he's P4P #1, a lot of his fans bit onto that shit and would start saying and believing it when in reality he wasn't even close to P4P #1.

Barao just isn't as good as so many said he was, in my opinion. It's just my opinion. I feel he was vastly overrated when he was the on his way to becoming the champion and when he was the champ. His fans made him out to be some destroyer of worlds and when he finally fought someone who was truly elite and not one-dimensional, he got his ass whupped with ease.

I hope we see Cruz outclass him someday, or that Barao wins a few and gets another shot at TJ so we can see TJ give him another epic beating. :icon_twis

Lol I get it. You're just a hater. Saying guys like Faber and McDonald are not elite and are one-dimensional truly shows what your thoughts are. He has HUGE holes,and yet only lost to 1 fighter. Nice.

Your boy is the perfect fighter and yet has won vs only 1 top 10 fighter instead. And a widely overrated fighter too,according to your logic.
I really hope your life gets better seeing a fighter lose a fight. What a sadness.

I'm not saying he's overrated because of the shit Dana said - I said he's overrated because I've always felt he was overrated in the first place.

I believe he's overrated because of what his fans say, mostly. His fans would say crazy shit. They talked him up to the point it was just nuts. You can watch Barao long before his loss to TJ and you can see his holes, they're HUGE. TJ was the only guy who could really capitalize on it (McDonald did for a little while until he slowed down) but I've always felt Barao would lose to Cruz and believe he would lose to Assuncao, too.

His fans would talk him up like he's as good as Aldo. Even when Dana white said he's P4P #1, a lot of his fans bit onto that shit and would start saying and believing it when in reality he wasn't even close to P4P #1.

Barao just isn't as good as so many said he was, in my opinion. It's just my opinion. I feel he was vastly overrated when he was the on his way to becoming the champion and when he was the champ. His fans made him out to be some destroyer of worlds and when he finally fought someone who was truly elite and not one-dimensional, he got his ass whupped with ease.

I hope we see Cruz outclass him someday, or that Barao wins a few and gets another shot at TJ so we can see TJ give him another epic beating. :icon_twis

Not the old, 'I knew he was overrated and I was proven right when eventually he lost', routine. Barao was a beast but many others thought Cruz would be the one to beat him.

Renan fought everyone in front of him and kept winning. That doesn't make him a destroyer of worlds, but he's bound to end up in Top P4P talks.

i just hope he comes back strong like he used too. One of the only well rounded champions who were exciting and looked for the finish. dominating faber 2x, choking out mcdonald, and KO'ing Wineland who used to be the #1 BW in the world is an incredible feat.

It's not like Barao was losing, he was winning all the rounds before the finish but you expect more from a guy who was thought to be the number one guy in the world at his weight class. It looked like a pretty competitive fight.

Um...WHAT!?

Tell me you aren't talking about either fight with TJ here. Barao didn't win a single EXCHANGE let alone a damn round.

Dillashaw and Cruz are just bad stylistic matchups for him.

I think Barao just needs to take a year off and go on a vacation to clear his mind.
That's why Frank Mir did and look at him now he's doing great.

Frank Mir came back from a horrific injury. Barao isn't good enough to beat Killashaw. It's not any more complex than that. He can take a year off if he likes, but he'll find himself at 145 soon, imo. He's a huge BW.

It would be great to see Faber get another shot at Barao... then we would really know. I say Uriah walks through him.

Renan Barao used to be one of the more feared guys in the Bantamweight division, a lot of people were already touting him as the P4P GOAT , the way he finished Faber and Wineland made people think he was going to wreck Dominick Cruz. But ever since Killashaw, he's looked slower, more tentative, and just a shell of his old self. Even his win over Mitch Gagnon was super unimpressive.

idk if it's the weight cut or if the fights he has had with Dillashaw have completely drained his confidence, or deteriorated his chin for the beatings he took.

I can't be the only one who misses his Post-KO murder dances

Its a variety of reasons that have come together at the right time
1. The big weight cut
2. TJ's gameplan with Ludwig - Constant movement and angles
3. The ability to have the cardio and the technical striking.

I think its more on TJ than on Renan. He exposed what others couldn't in his game. The weight cut wouldn't be an issue if the fight only last a few minutes and if especially if Renan is the aggressor.

TJ to me is the most entertaining fighter in the ufc. I love those kind of high volume, high accuracy striker. Way better to watch than 1 hit ko power strikers. His finishing flurries are the best. It's hard to believe this guy has a wrestling background.

Eh, he is still probably the #2 BW in the UFC; TJ is just the better fighter. No need to make excuses for the man, especially since Barao is great fighter, with a great resume, and skillset. He fought hard in both fights, he was just too damn slow. He isn't shot, and he probably runs through his next opponent.

Eh, he is still probably the #2 BW in the UFC; TJ is just the better fighter. No need to make excuses for the man, especially since Barao is great fighter, with a great resume, and skillset. He fought hard in both fights, he was just too damn slow. He isn't shot, and he probably runs through his next opponent.

I dont know, the Barao that fought Gagnon, and TJ in the 2nd fight imo loses to Urijah, and Assuncio. I feel like we need to see a 3rd Faber fight to really see Barao's pedigree now.

I dont know, the Barao that fought Gagnon, and TJ in the 2nd fight imo loses to Urijah, and Assuncio. I feel like we need to see a 3rd Faber fight to really see Barao's pedigree now.

Wow. Maybe even a 4th or 5th. However long it takes for Faber to get a win so you can say, "See. I told you so." :rolleyes:

Renan Barao used to be one of the more feared guys in the Bantamweight division, a lot of people were already touting him as the P4P GOAT , the way he finished Faber and Wineland made people think he was going to wreck Dominick Cruz. But ever since Killashaw, he's looked slower, more tentative, and just a shell of his old self. Even his win over Mitch Gagnon was super unimpressive.

idk if it's the weight cut or if the fights he has had with Dillashaw have completely drained his confidence, or deteriorated his chin for the beatings he took.

I can't be the only one who misses his Post-KO murder dances

i dont think anyone really thought of him as highly as you make it out to be - he was dominant, sure, but dana and crew were giving him all these titles to sell fights and i wouldnt say people were agreeing

people thought he was great but wasnt too surprising that he fell - reminded me of miguel torres - great fighter w great record but who knows

Back