Renan Barao looks shot whether its the cut or TJ fights

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Renan Barao used to be one of the more feared guys in the Bantamweight division, a lot of people were already touting him as the P4P GOAT , the way he finished Faber and Wineland made people think he was going to wreck Dominick Cruz. But ever since Killashaw, he's looked slower, more tentative, and just a shell of his old self. Even his win over Mitch Gagnon was super unimpressive.

idk if it's the weight cut or if the fights he has had with Dillashaw have completely drained his confidence, or deteriorated his chin for the beatings he took.

I can't be the only one who misses his Post-KO murder dances

you could be. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

true, dude got tagged up so many times against a guy he shouldve ran through in the 1st round. Supposedly the P4P goat before Killashaw came to shore

Hehehehe I was just poking fun at Anik, was it really that bad?

I think TJ took his soul in the first fight. He'll never be the same. I still have him vs almost anyone else though. I think TJ is just that good.

My friend trains with tj, he said tj was straight up killing people in training camp for the barao fights. Also said tj just legit likes to hurt people.

Tj pretty much laid the blueprint for defeating him more or less.

Like Andy vs Chael, except of Chael would have won. Twice. Brutally.

Yeah except the difference is TJ's blueprint isn't nearly as simple to follow as Chael's.

TJ wins by being one of the best MMAists in the world. Chael wins by grinding out guys who are better than him in most facets of MMA using his one skill.

Hehehehe I was just poking fun at Anik, was it really that bad?

It's not like Barao was losing, he was winning all the rounds before the finish but you expect more from a guy who was thought to be the number one guy in the world at his weight class. It looked like a pretty competitive fight.

I think Barao just needs to take a year off and go on a vacation to clear his mind.
That's what Frank Mir did and look at him now he's doing great.

Last edited:
My friend trains with tj, he said tj was straight up killing people in training camp for the barao fights. Also said tj just legit likes to hurt people.

pics or it's shit

outstrike and outgrapple him? that's the blueprint for beating any fighter.

and also, Weidman beat Silva standing, twice. The fuck are you talking about?

An absolutely world beater that magically fell off in the midst of their athletic prime of 27 years old. If there was some other factor that could have attributed to such a precipitous decline. I'm at a loss anyone have any ideas?

I think he should move up and work his way up from the middle of the pack. What's the point in suffering to make 135 now? Maybe he's slower because he's draining himself. Maybe he's not slow for the next class up?
Nobody can force him to fight his teammate, and starting out against the top guys is probably a risk to his confidence, anyway. He should hit the reset button.

I don't feel like Barao has fallen off that much. He's just met his Dennis Hallman in Dillashaw. He looked very crisp in that first round but TJ was just better.

It's like JDS. He's still the same dangerous fighter. Just gets worked over by Cain more often than not.

TJ took his soul. He doesn't look anything like the fighter we saw slap Faber about like a bully. He was slow, very workman like in his movement. Non committal in his offense and to be honest.. after the 1sxt 3 minutes of the rematch, looked like he was just waiting to get beat. I don't think he's ever gonna be the same .. or even NEARLY the same again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back