reminder of the most book smart mma fighter ever/who is also the hardest hitting mma fighter ever

What about Rosi Sexton? She graduated from Cambridge with a degree in mathematics, then got a PhD in computer science.

Shane Carwin: Full-Time Engineer, Undefeated UFC Heavyweight - MMA Fighting

Cliffs: Married, has a kid, pioneer of the sport, most impressive record streak of 1st round KOs ever, yes has not one but TWO degrees and worked as a full time ufc fighter and full time engineer at the same time.

EDIT: Sage quit his engineering studies after one ufc fight, Uriah Hall quit his electric engineering degree just to compete at world level in bjj. there's a thread now about habib finishing some economic diploma after retiring as if that's a big deal.

Shane finished all that shit while he has kids. he is above us, and we are not worthy.

Needs to work on his cardio though.

Carwin > Ngannou

Laugh. Carwin’s 3rd best win is against Christian Wellisch. He has 4 wins over guys with a wiki page, one of whom is 11-18. He took down Neil wain because he was losing the standup.

Good power but he cut too much height which affected his performances in his last 2 fights.

What about Rosi Sexton? She graduated from Cambridge with a degree in mathematics, then got a PhD in computer science.
Hmm. I mean I guess... But she is not as successful as shane was in mma, and the fact he actually worked with both his engineering degree and enviromental technology degree. the former I consider harder than a math degree.

However, the way I phrased the thread title, you are 100% right since I specifically just said book smart so she beats him in academic status.

Carwin KOed a can with one arm tied.

3QcDdT.gif

Man is an absolute house. So many massive sleeper KOs where the other dude looked straight up dead. Him vs Ngannou would be a dream fight. I definitely think Carwin kicks his ass. Not only was he every bit as big and juiced up, he also had a sick wrestling pedigree. That era of heavyweights had so many juicy monsters. Definitely a better crop than the current HW division. Prime Brock also power doubles Ngannou to shit and you can't convince me otherwise. Pre-diverticulitis Brock was such a savage.

They enhanced what he was already gifted with. You can’t just take a bunch of steroids and become carwin.

Well, yeah a big guy who takes steroids ends up bigger than a small guy who takes steroids. Agreed.

His power is so overrated

He hit Brock 1000 times without finishing him, and Brock is KNOWN for not being able to take a punch

He has 0 one-punch KO's
He melted Christian Wellisch with one punch in his UFC debut, that sent his mouthpiece flying out like shrapnel from a grenade haha. Also knocked Gonzaga dead with one punch when he, himself, was rocked and had just gotten up from being on his back. He just stood up and went ka-ping with an arm punch that he threw from like 5 inches away and that was enough. Damn near killed Frank Mir with a couple of short uppercuts in the clinch. He may not have killed everyone in highlight reel fashion like Ngannou does, where you see dudes continuously falling lifeless to the ground, but he was as much of a powerhouse as we've ever seen at heavyweight in the UFC. He had absolutely stupid power and his hands were the size of some people's feet lmao. Dude was that guy from a thousand years ago that you wanted to have on your boat when you rolled up to conquer new land hahaha.

Damn near killed Frank Mir with a couple of short uppercuts in the clinch.
If by a couple you mean like 2 dozen uppercuts and several coffin nails while Tan Dan stared into space and pondered what he was having for dinner, yes lol.

I’m talking about his physical gifts. Nothing I said takes away from his intelligence.

Yeah and hard work. High school buddy of mine flunked out after a year of engineering in college. He was bright guy too.

Respectfully, there are a lot of stupid engineers, and a lot of intelligent people that did not graduate from college; it goes without saying vice versa.

Chatri (One CEO) is probably the most "book smart" fighter ever.

If by a couple you mean like 2 dozen uppercuts and several coffin nails while Tan Dan stared into space and pondered what he was having for dinner, yes lol.
Yeah, man. That was as bad of a stoppage as I've ever seen to this day lmao. Poor Frank. Dan was like "kill him."

Back