reminder of the most book smart mma fighter ever/who is also the hardest hitting mma fighter ever

P4P I think Hunt, Francis, or Lewis are the hardest hitters but ok.
I already addressed this.
In the first half of francis’ career, many bums were going past the first round against him and even decisions. even though Francis did boxing for a long time before mma and is mostly just a striker.

Hunt has a whole long career as a pro kickboxer.

Shane however... starting mma at the age of 31. Did some wrestling back in college, and then startedand then started working normal people job taking care of his kids.
Suddenly, the dude is destroying everybody in his path in the first round, including guys who dedicated all their lives to fighting like former champ Frank Mir.

From a who’s genetically stronger from the start, Shane is, no question. Anybody denying the numbers is a triggered fan. Shane could die now and I would keep scrolling so I’m not bias.

What about Rosi Sexton? She graduated from Cambridge with a degree in mathematics, then got a PhD in computer science.
Was working my way through posts wanting to be the first to say this. Not many Doctors of anything getting punched for a living, although I've had plenty of professors who should have been smacked for hiding their ineptitude behind that title.

*smacks butt cheek*
Haha, sassy and didn’t disappoint.

not into the whole pc culture, I’ll call you whatever i want, red cheeks. What do you do with the men on these zoom calls? Don’t be scared to tell daddy.

You hold the bitterness of a man who doesn’t make minimum wage. There is no need to be triggered by success. Call me gay or a woman if it makes you feel better and superior. At least you can have a couple minutes of feeling good about yourself. We all know you aren’t slapping any asses. Much love to you.

In the first half of francis’ career, many bums were going past the first round against him and even decisions. even though Francis did boxing for a long time before mma and is mostly just a striker.

Shane however... starting mma at the age of 31. Did some wrestling back in college, and then startedand then started working normal people job taking care of his kids.
Suddenly, the dude is destroying everybody in his path in the first round, including guys who dedicated all their lives to fighting like former champ Frank Mir.

From a who’s genetically stronger from the start, Shane is, no question. Anybody denying the numbers is a triggered fan. Shane could die now and I would keep scrolling so I’m not bias.
He beat 2 noteworthy fighters in his career. 2. Again, his 3rd best win is Christian Wellisch….

If you want to argue carwin had a slightly more impressive first 12 fights, it’s debatable but I can buy it. He finished fights on average quicker against an easier overall group. But I don’t think it’s really fair to ignore what Francis has done since and what happened in carwin’s last 2 fights. What ngannou has done since he entered the ufc far surpasses what carwin was.

Shane Carwin: Full-Time Engineer, Undefeated UFC Heavyweight - MMA Fighting

Cliffs: Married, has a kid, pioneer of the sport, most impressive record streak of 1st round KOs ever, yes has not one but TWO degrees and worked as a full time ufc fighter and full time engineer at the same time.

EDIT: Sage quit his engineering studies after one ufc fight, Uriah Hall quit his electric engineering degree just to compete at world level in bjj. there's a thread now about habib finishing some economic diploma after retiring as if that's a big deal.

Shane finished all that shit while he has kids. he is above us, and we are not worthy.

There was a player named Don Davey who played DL for the Green Bay Packers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. He had a 3.86 GPA in bio-mechanical engineering (and later got a masters in mechanical engineering). Every time he went down with a knee injury I always thought "he's just going to build himself a superpowered bionic replacement."

Robert Smith, Pro Bowl RB for the Vikings, who retired at his peak after leading the NFL in rushing in 2000 had a 3.74 GPA in economics. After leading Ohio State in rushing as a freshman, he sat out his sophomore year after the football team coaching staff started to criticize him for, basically, not neglecting his studies to put extra effort into football. He was fast enough of a runner that he merely swapped to a track and field scholarship that year.

Certainly, there's nothing that prevents smart people from performing in sports. When I moved to a new school in 8th grade back before there was dirt, a bunch of the "jock" group expressed surprise when I kept launching softballs out of play, into the yard across the street from my jr. high school, one day in gym class, because I was in all of the advanced academic classes. Not that I was super-jock or anything, though I did have the highest composite score on the Presidential Fitness tests my senior year in high school. That attitude irritated the shit out of me.

As much genetic strength, wasn't Carwin's calling card the fact that his fists were the size of Thor-hammers, by far the biggest/heaviest of any fighter? I think he had to be that strong just to keep his hand-weight from stretching his arms into ape territory and dragging on the ground.

Prime Carwin pre surgery was a fucking animal.

And no one said different.

WTF is wrong with some of you? Do you log onto the internet with the single goal of disagreeing with everything you read?
I was responding to the notion that carwin’s power was just inherently on some different level than ngannou. And it only works if you limit the observation period to their first 12 fights…and even then its arguable as overeem was francis’ 12th fight.

Not sure why your so offended at challenging this notion…..he was trying to present it as an unassailable fact.

Neanderthal? I would say he's way more evolved than an average human looking at the content in the op

Neanderthals apparently were not only more athletic but also "smarter" than homo sapiens. They seem to have had a different social structure (small family units rather than much bigger promiscuous groups) and thus were killed off by superior numbers, not because of physical or intellectual inferiority.

Use to workout and train BJJ in Boulder, CO and would see him around. He was more Denver but used Easton and Grudge for fight training. Thing is -everyone in Boulder is a freakin Engineer and im not exaggerating (yes I am). 24 Hours fitness was filled with steroid monster heads who also happened to be Rocket Scientist and the others were all Blues & Brown in jits. Even the 50-60yo group of engineers were juiced up or on TRT as a minimum. They dont like to be wrong..

Funny thing about Carwin is you'd think he'd be lifting huge but i usually saw him with real light dumbells doing bro workouts like Bi's and Front Delts

Smartest fighter
Hardest hitter
Shitposting master

Anyone ever remember when he ended up on some random UK card fighting
‘Old school Neil Wain’ LMAO

I have no fucking clue who sanctioned that.

I remember thinking.. wow.. they literally picked a tough guy from the pub here, and then Wain started landing a few shots so Carwin took him down and nearly ended his life.
Wain never fought again, I’ve always wondered on his origin.

Respectfully, there are a lot of stupid engineers, and a lot of intelligent people that did not graduate from college; it goes without saying vice versa.

Chatri (One CEO) is probably the most "book smart" fighter ever.
I’ve worked with a lot of dumb engineers in the oil fields. Great at theoretically fixing wells, but horribly in practice

i remember they used to say carlos newton was getting straight As in medical school
but last i heard he never became a doctor

He beat 2 noteworthy fighters in his career. 2. Again, his 3rd best win is Christian Wellisch….

If you want to argue carwin had a slightly more impressive first 12 fights, it’s debatable but I can buy it. He finished fights on average quicker against an easier overall group. But I don’t think it’s really fair to ignore what Francis has done since and what happened in carwin’s last 2 fights. What ngannou has done since he entered the ufc far surpasses what carwin was.
No idea what ur on about. Francis is obviously the better fighter. Lots of fighters are better than carwin. Carwin just naturally hits harder and u didnt digest anything i wrote which were logical reasons. Go back and reread everything to get it.

You hold the bitterness of a man who doesn’t make minimum wage. There is no need to be triggered by success. Call me gay or a woman if it makes you feel better and superior. At least you can have a couple minutes of feeling good about yourself. We all know you aren’t slapping any asses. Much love to you.
“I do zoom calls for a living” that basically sounds like ur a cam girl.
Stopped reading halfway through that gibirish paragraph.
*poops in your mouth* here’s a bitcoin, for your trouble.

Last edited:
No idea what ur on about. Francis is obviously the better fighter. Lots of fighters are better than carwin. Carwin just naturally hits harder and u didnt digest anything i wrote which were logical reasons. Go back and reread everything to get it.
I read most of this thread and again, ngannou’s power has looked just as freakish and arguably moreso. Carwin’s power highlights are mostly short right hands against wellisch and gonzaga, and many unanswered shots against mir. He finished wain because he felt he needed to take the bowling ball down. I’m just saying it’s not as clear cut as you are trying to suggest. Ngannou’s power is freakish. I wasn’t meaning to refer to anything other than power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back