Media Reminder of Alex Hernandez's trash talk

His face must look messed up this morning.

He looked messed up at the end of R1, when he realized he had no answer for Cowboy's striking.

Talk shit get hit, if he won everyone and there dog on here would be singing his praises calling him the next Mcgregor and GOAT, thank fuck he didn't.

alexander-hernandez-ufc-brooklyn.jpg

cowboy-cerrone.jpg

The Dad son’d that kid

I understand what Alex was trying to do here, but he doesn't have a charisma and a proper delivery for that. Seriously, these young guys need to step their game up if they want to talk their way into stardom. Shit, I don't know, take some acting courses ffs. He came out as a huge dork in the end, Colby-style.

it's easy to talk shit about the guy, but you have to give him respect for putting himself out there, and trying to make something happen. lots of fighters cry and complain about lack of exposure. well, you have to appreciate the guys who put themselves out there. i think hernandez will learn from this and be back stronger.
Give him respect for being the very definition of disrespectful?

I get that people trash talk and hype fights but these little turds going overboard with it just to try to build their brand before they've really accomplished anything are getting really old. He had a couple good wins, was getting attention as a prospect - and a win over Cerrone would have made him an immediate contender. No reason to be a piece of shit, the fame and attention would have happened organically if he kept winning. I dont even get the sense that he's putting on a persona like Colby who uses his over the top insults to make up for his boring style, I think he's genuinely a cocky asshole. Started his UFC career with a fake glove touch!

Well he stepped in the most brutal arena in the world against a very tough fighter.

How many of you fought in UFC lately (excluding videogames and wetdreams)

Why the fuck would I have to respect some fake-glovetouching shit talker, who has done nothing in the sport, discrediting one of the true legends and OGs that are still active in the game? He was trying to jump ahead of more deserving fighters by calling out someone he thought was an easy stylistic matchup and then acted like a clown to get his name out there. People like him are a big part of why this sport has turned into the circus shitshow that it is.

not saying you HAVE to respect him. but for anyone who knows anything about current mma, you have to talk big in order to get noticed. if winning was the be-all, then you'd have a point. but it's not. at least it's not, if you want to maximize your earnings and get to a title-shot.

most fighters are talking smack nowadays. why you have a specific distaste when it's this guy that does it, is a bit odd. and finally, it's the ufc who set the precedent that the more you stir the pot, the more likely you'll be rewarded. that's not on alex. that's on the ufc.

Give him respect for being the very definition of disrespectful?

I get that people trash talk and hype fights but these little turds going overboard with it just to try to build their brand before they've really accomplished anything are getting really old. He had a couple good wins, was getting attention as a prospect - and a win over Cerrone would have made him an immediate contender. No reason to be a piece of shit, the fame and attention would have happened organically if he kept winning. I dont even get the sense that he's putting on a persona like Colby who uses his over the top insults to make up for his boring style, I think he's genuinely a cocky asshole. Started his UFC career with a fake glove touch!

post #47.

post #47.
I don't think insulting, over the top trash talk is worthy of respect. At all. Regardless of whether I understand why they do it (I do), I openly admit that I dislike literally every fighter who does it. Obviously we disagree on this. Those are the people I root hard against. Will ALWAYS pull for the humble, respectful fighters over the douches.

Bet you used to love TUF though.
Stopped watching after the season with Julian Lane? Halfway through.
If it was all about the training that would be one thing, but half of it was childish pranks/house drama and some of that was obvious IMO.

Too much WWE in the UFC.

It was good shit talk. Fuck you all for hating on it. Glad cowboy worked him though. Looking forward to hernandez’ rebound. You all are bitter bitches

it's easy to talk shit about the guy, but you have to give him respect for putting himself out there, and trying to make something happen. lots of fighters cry and complain about lack of exposure. well, you have to appreciate the guys who put themselves out there. i think hernandez will learn from this and be back stronger.
Sherdog is full of sensitive hoes, fuck a guy for trying to promote a fight and get his name out there

He should be a mute like 95% of the roster ...

Sherdog is full of sensitive hoes, fuck a guy for trying to promote a fight and get his name out there

He should be a mute like 95% of the roster ...
I take it you dont watch pressers. Probably 95% of the roster tries to talk shit. Most of them come across as very ackward and well cringey. This kid was no different, especially talking shit to a veteran warrior like Donald Cerrone. Hell Perry wasnt even that stupid. Looked even worse considering the result.

I never heard Hernandez before. I am even happier now that Cowboy kicked his lilly white ass like he did! Teddy Roosevelt once said" Speak softly, but carry a big stick'. Well done Cowboy, a true MMA legend and a class act always.

I take it you dont watch pressers. Probably 95% of the roster tries to talk shit. Most of them come across as very ackward and well cringey. This kid was no different, especially talking shit to a veteran warrior like Donald Cerrone. Hell Perry wasnt even that stupid. Looked even worse considering the result.
I don’t Watch them

It’s just funny to me how personal people take it, they are all trying to promote themselves, who cares what they actually say

Not sure how you can really blame people for talking shit in this game.

It was a fantastic fight and I’m happy Cerrone won, but that still doesn’t take away that Hernandez is slick on the mic.

His trash talk was clean, should have backed it up tho. Ended up looking like a fool.

Back