Reminder : McGregor Said He Would Defend Both Belts

'Suggests he was suggesting' is not 'mcgregor said he would defend both belts'.

That's what I read in the title and it's what I expected to hear.

The title suggests he would. Would is different to will. There is a difference. Now people act like it was a grand scheme of Conor just to make as much money as possible, he never claimed he would defend so there is nothing dodgy about it.

That little $100 million payday got in the way. Oh well. I’m sure every other fighter with two belts would turn down $100 million for the honor of defending.

The title suggests he would. Would is different to will. There is a difference.
The title says 'Mcgregor said he would defend both belts'. But based on the content of the thread, he didn't say that.

That's all

That little $100 million payday got in the way. Oh well. I’m sure every other fighter with two belts would turn down $100 million for the honor of defending.

Just because you would doesnt mean others would too. Not all the fighters have the same priority.

But he lied. Isn't that what your whole thread is about?

GSP doesnt have tonnes of nuthuggers clinging on to his nuts and swinging for dear life protecting his every move and justifying it. Definitely not as many as Conor if any. Most GSP fans are hardcore. They would have loved to see a defense while respecting his decision to vacate NOT to hold up the division. Apples and oranges.

You Conor haters spend more time thinking about him than his actual fans do.

McGregor Derangement Syndrome is running wild here at Sherdog. Sad!

Hey sherdog has a draftkings group every event we do a 15 person top 2 get paid 10 dollar entry if any1 wants to do it let me know ill add u?

Time stamped. For those people who claim that Conor never said he would or it was his coaches who suggested it and not him. For those who claim Conor does not use deceit and that he always planned to not defend to acheive "greater things".

" Why not defend both?"

GSP said he would defend MW too.

These guys get paid a lot and their value would plunge with a loss, at this level.

Yes, I watch the video and discussed this already

Thread title isn't accurate, it is what it is
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. As petty as it gets.

Enjoy attempting to win every little "war" on the internet.

<{clintugh}>

He is suggesting he would.
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. As petty as it gets.

Enjoy attempting to win every little "war" on the internet.

<{clintugh}>
The thread title is flat out false.

When someone makes an assertion, I expect it to be verifiable. When I can verify that the assertion is false, I will speak up.

I'm not arguing, I'm saying the thread title is a lie. We see it too often in news headlines and it grinds my gears. The propagation of false ideas is dangerous.

He didn't defend his belts largely due to a series of events outside his control.

He would have won the featherweight belt 6 months earlier if Aldo had not pulled out. That would have left Mendes and Edgar as two viable defenses who he would have easily starched.

If RDA hadn't pulled out he would have never faced Nate - Nate was not a contender nor would he ever be. He would have starched RDA and Alvarez would be a potential defense. We saw how that would go.

GSP said he would defend MW too.

These guys get paid a lot and their value would plunge with a loss, at this level.

Big difference. There is not a big debate about the legitimacy of his reign.

The thread title is flat out false.

When someone makes an assertion, I expect it to be verifiable. When I can verify that the assertion is false, I will speak up.

I'm not arguing, I'm saying the thread title is a lie. We see it too often in news headlines and it grinds my gears. The propagation of false ideas is dangerous.

Its not a lie.

He didn't defend his belts largely due to a series of events outside his control.

He would have won the featherweight belt 6 months earlier if Aldo had not pulled out. That would have left Mendes and Edgar as two viable defenses who he would have easily starched.

If RDA hadn't pulled out he would have never faced Nate - Nate was not a contender nor would he ever be. He would have starched RDA and Alvarez would be a potential defense. We saw how that would go.

He would have moved up straight away and not defended. He would have gone to Mayweather straight after Alvarez. No defenses. He had it planned all along mate.

Back