Reminder : McGregor Said He Would Defend Both Belts

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Sports entertainment is a game. Talk the talk, walk the walk, and that walk better be exciting.

He became the highest paid UFC fighter ever without ever having to defend a belt. He took calculated career moves at the right time. He made a rematch with a non-contender lw the biggest ppv in ufc history. With his draw power and mouth he talked himself into the biggest SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT fight ever with floyd. That wasnt a serious boxing fight, it was two superstars having an exibition match.

Everybody can thank Aldo for mentally crumbling before the fight and getting himself koed in 13 seconds. Fucking bjj black belt with vicious leg kicks went for an overcommited combo vs a top level southpaw counter striker with longer reach. We wouldnt be here if it wasnt for Aldo.

Not at all. I understand the game and can acknowledge it. I realize defending isn't Conor Mcgregor's priority. However we had plenty of fans who insisted Conor Mcgregor is going to defend the belt after he won the 145 belt. After he beat RDA. After he rematched Diaz. After he gets his promised title shot at 155. After he beats Mayweather. After he had his baby. The whole point of this is to showcase the idiocy of his loyal fan base.

Did you believe he was going to defend when he first won the belt at 145 or 155? If not, good for you buddy. Pat yourself on the back.

Big difference. There is not a big debate about the legitimacy of his reign.

The amazing reign at WW is not what this discussion is about.
You are welcome to start a thread about it.

It was the automatic title shot at MW and LW that led to the current messes.
Both guys promised to defend the new belts and both guys are liars.

He is a businessman ofc he will take 100 mil and put effort into it insted of defending 2 belts that would make him no more than 20 mil.

Conor also said he'd retire after a fight with Floyd.

Not at all. I understand the game and can acknowledge it. I realize defending isn't Conor Mcgregor's priority. However we had plenty of fans who insisted Conor Mcgregor is going to defend the belt after he won the 145 belt. After he beat RDA. After he rematched Diaz. After he gets his promised title shot at 155. After he beats Mayweather. After he had his baby. The whole point of this is to showcase the idiocy of his loyal fan base.

Did you believe he was going to defend when he first won the belt at 145 or 155? If not, good for you buddy. Pat yourself on the back.
You care too much about fans.

You mean he changed his mind after he became an extremely rich man? Shocking. Truly shocking.

You mean he changed his mind after he became an extremely rich man? Shocking. Truly shocking.
if someone gave me $300 I'd debate going to work or not today. I can't imagine how I'd act if someone gave me $300 million.

Lmao. Didn't even fight the contenders in the division to get title shots, why would he defend belts?

Lmao. Didn't even fight the contenders in the division to get title shots, why would he defend belts?
Right. What does besting bums like Mendes, Holloway and Poirier prove? They should take DC's HW title too. He didn't work his way through the division. Fucking UFC, amirite?

Reminder the crazy bastard prob would have if hed been paid wat he was asking

While we're at it, we're taking Anderson Silva's strap too. What did he have, 1 fight at MW before his title shot? This is BS. BS, I tell ya! @Local Plata

That little $100 million payday got in the way. Oh well. I’m sure every other fighter with two belts would turn down $100 million for the honor of defending.

The Money May drubbing was August of 2017. Canor is looking at over a year of inactivity since that exhibition. Pretty sure he could've defended at some point prior to getting stripped

While we're at it, we're taking Anderson Silva's strap too. What did he have, 1 fight at MW before his title shot? This is BS. BS, I tell ya! @Local Plata

Still better than Conor going straight to the LW champ in a very stacked LW division. Middleweight was not as stacked back then.

Right. What does besting bums like Mendes, Holloway and Poirier prove? They should take DC's HW title too. He didn't work his way through the division. Fucking UFC, amirite?

Mendes was gassed on short notice. Holloway was green as weed and the Poirier win was legit. DC defended at LHW and was undefeated at HW. Man, I wish you were trolling.

Still better than Conor going straight to the LW champ in a very stacked LW division. Middleweight was not as stacked back then.

Tony didn't have any top 5 wins. Khabib was on vacation. Who were you figuring deserved a title shot there over Conor?

Mendes was gassed on short notice. Holloway was green as weed and the Poirier win was legit. DC defended at LHW and was undefeated at HW. Man, I wish you were trolling.

Conor was injured. He dominated Mendes. Deal with it.

He dominated Holloway when injured too. He was also green. Deal with it.

DC has beaten three legitimate guys, and lost to one in his own weight division. He's not comparable to Conor.

Back