• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder: Hill got outboxed by Thiago Santos

Santos is in one the few guys I truly feel sorry for. Really turned into a contender and as soon as he got his shot he blew out both his knees in the same fight and it's been a shell of his former self ever since.

Jon Jones blew out both of his knees.

I have sympathy for the man, but you acts like the Gods struck down upon him and it was completely out of his control that his knees got shot. No, Jones shot his knees is what happened.

I think Hill is a bit overrated but only a little bit. I think he'd lose to rakic and jiri pretty easy. Jan might be on his way out with injuries, so maybe hill gets past that.

I dont think hill is even one of the 3 best fighters in his weight class personally.
I think the whole division sucks to be honest. And
It has for a few years. But the OP was about Alex haters and Izzy fans but went on to pre emptively suggest Alex’s next potential win won’t be a big deal lol

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy

I think the whole division sucks to be honest. And
It has for a few years. But the OP was about Alex haters and Izzy fans but went on to pre emptively suggest Alex’s next potential win won’t be a big deal lol

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy
Yeah you know what's hard?

being a fan of both alex and Izzy. I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on detracting from either of them.

This is a big win for alex, obviously. Anyone saying its not will detract from literally anything.

I'm guessing TS never watched fight. Hill outboxed Santos.

Santos was game, he is a legit fighter. He lost a split decision over Jon Jones and has wins over Johnny walker, Jan Blachowicz and 12 other UFC fighters.

Last edited:
He dropped him in the stand up and pounded him out... I guess outboxed means Thiago landed some punches too?

That's because you're short sighted.

Jones has ALWAYS had issues with tall lanky strikers. Yes, Poatan has grappling holes easy for Jones to expose, but Poatan also holds the keys to beating jones aswell.
I'd argue that Poatan doesn't fight like a tall lanky striker. He fights tight, relying heavily on his left hook and leg kicks.

Yeah you know what's hard?

being a fan of both alex and Izzy. I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on detracting from either of them.

This is a big win for alex, obviously. Anyone saying its not will detract from literally anything.
Same here. And I like Alex! Even after their last fight I would have been perfectly fine with them running it back!

Two very high level athletes who are made for entertaining us by fighting each other

N
Jon Jones blew out both of his knees.

I have sympathy for the man, but you acts like the Gods struck down upon him and it was completely out of his control that his knees got shot. No, Jones shot his knees is what happened.
No, he didn't.

Jones has ALWAYS had issues with tall lanky strikers. Yes, Poatan has grappling holes easy for Jones to expose, but Poatan also holds the keys to beating jones aswell.

Wait a minute, are you implying that in this universe there is more than 0.00001 % Change of Poatan Beating Jon Jones ?

Like peak Thiago Santos doesn't beat Alex Pereira easy.

LOL

Jones takes Alex down and Pereira is not getting back up.

because jon jones can literally snap both of them like a twig?
That's great.

I'll try to keep this reply short, cuz I don't want to overload your attention span, but I never thought Poatan could beat Jones. I just know that if Jon is gonna beat him it's not gonna be a one punch overhand right KO.

Again, Izzy knocking out Pereira is not any kind of evidence that Jon will beat him. The evidence for that is in all of Jon's fights, not Alex's

My guy.

You literally highlighted why Hill is gonna beat Alex.

Alex gets wobbled & flatlined when he eats those types of shots. Hill is durable AF.
Agreed. I think Hill is going to KO alex

according to that video he was beating the shit out of Thiago

One thing that fight showed is Jamahal does have a granite chin

Back