Reminder: Cerrone has been knocked out 6 times in the first round

He just stood there and took it. The writing was on the wall leading up to the fight.
Oh please Hater, the four shoulder strikes and two 2 knees in the first 10 seconds fucked him already up (he had already a busted up face, broken nose and obrital) and then he was of course defensive. Throwed one kick and Mcgregor, one of the greatest counterhitters, countered and and gave him the rest.

Reminder: Cerrone has NEVER been finished as fast or as flawlessly as he was against Conor.

(sigh)....I love Kim.

tumblr_opx10vx7Uz1qe0rnoo5_r2_500.gifv

Oh please Hater, the four shoulder strikes and two 2 knees in the first 10 seconds fucked him already up (he had already a busted up face, broken nose and obrital) and then he was of course defensive. Throwed one kick and Mcgregor, one of the greatest counterhitters, countered and and gave him the rest.
NO hate here at all. I'm just calling a spade a spade. First off, the match up itself was bullshit. I knew Cerrone was going to lose. But given his skillset and ring experience, I thought he might have had a shot if the fight went into the later rounds. Cowboy also seemed awkward/slightly off in those interviews leading up to the fight. There was a weird energy and I think we all felt that cowboy was the sacrificial lamb of sorts.

Cerrone is past his prime but still putting him away in 40 seconds just like that was damn impressive.

And this was the oldest and most shot version of Cerrone ever.

Conor fans on Sherdog make it really hard to support the guy because they build him up to be midas if he does anything. Even the most simple tasks. Like KO'ing a shot Cerrone or combing his hair in a new style. Then they get pie in the face everytime because a lot are power RPG and Anime fans and follow Conor not the sport and he gets wiped out like Khabib or Floyd, even Nate edged him out overall.

Temper your expectations. The guy is a good striker with 2 rounds of KO power then he is vulnerable and sloppy. He can win any fight against strikers early but he can also lose as well.

Anyone thinking Conor will ever go on a 5 or even a 3-0 run against top LW's is delusional. These weaknesses he has will always be there.

I personally just enjoy watching his fights but never expect him to be a belt defender in a killler LW division taking on real #1 contenders fight in and fight out, and that includes wrestlers as well.

giphy.gif

I know it’s Conor great?

Donald got put away in 40 seconds landing zero strikes.. Give Conor the credit and move along..

Donald got put away in 40 seconds landing zero strikes.. Give Conor the credit and move along..
Why can't you acknowlege this is also the oldest, chin shattered, shop worn version of Cowboy we've ever seen.

Conor knew he was on the way out just like Frankie who just got merced. Be realistic.

Why can't you acknowlege this is also the oldest, chin shattered, shop worn version of Cowboy we've ever seen.

Conor knew he was on the way out just like Frankie who just got merced. Be realistic.

A few fights ago he beat the shit out of Ragin Al. He is not that bad...

Anytime Conor does something, his nuthuggers pan it out like he’s making history. Cerrone was KO’d 2 fights in a row prior you casual noobs.

A few fights ago he beat the shit out of Ragin Al. He is not that bad...
While this is true, this is also a factor. I believe this was Cerrone's 5th opponent in just under 12 months after being badly KOed his last outing.

While this is true, this is also a factor. I believe this was Cerrone's 5th opponent in just under 12 months after being badly KOed his last outing.

He's had bad losses before though. Losing streaks even. Comes back to win.. He will likely do it again before he retires. And Conor hits fucking hard, and has highlight finishes his whole career.. It is not like Conor does not finish fights. He has a 91% finish rate..

But never in 40 seconds with zero significant strikes landed

tenor.gif
Landing 0 strikes is kind of implicit when you don't throw any. Hell, he even threw a few strikes and tried for a panic TD in his 1 minute loss to RDA.

How many times by a featherweight in 40 seconds tho? This was no more than a litmus test to gauge how long it would be for Conor to finish him against other people that finished him. He broke the record and passed the test.

Back