Remind me again why is ground knees illegal?

i'd like for knees to be legal when a wrestler gets tired, shoots a lazy shot and gets sprawled on. Less stalling that way.

I'm going to try to calculus/ physics this :

actual pounds of pressure and the possible damage facilitated from it ( especially on an already hurt/ not all there fighter ) = just cant be legal . Too dangerous

Chance of injury goes way up....

At the end of the day this is a sport...these guys have families and some small children..they want to go home at the end of every fight ...win or lose

Boxing started with no gloves...and oretty much no rules...you fought till u didnt get up anymore..knockdowns with 10 counts werent even a thing..it slowly progressed to what he have now...

Taking out knees on the floor in MMA helped it grow and improved the sport...and made it safer so more could compete...

There have been some pretty brutal k.os from knees on the floor and soccer kicks/stomps that hurt guys very badly...

Even in OneFC that allows this now..there have been some pretty dangerous stoppages due to it...

I wager outside of weight cutting complications ...allowing soccer kicks... stomp and or knees to head of a ground opponent will likely lead to a death in MMA within the next decade... ONEFC included .
.someone will die there in the next 10 years if they hang around ...

For reference .
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...es-a-brutal-soccer-kick-to-the-head-at-one-fc

Dr talks about why its a bad idea

Last edited:
You can tell who the soft nerds who haven't had to fight anyone or work for shit a day in their lives are up here littereally the same type of punk to cry online about how macho they are and hold fighters to standards you'd never hold yourself to, litterally the type of edgy punk that pretends to be a social path because you think it makes you cool or special lol
what exactly is a social path?

is that the trail in the park where you can talk and walk at the same ?

Chance of injury goes way up....

At the end of the day this is a sport...these guys have families and some small children..they want to go home at the end of every fight ...win or lose

Boxing started with no gloves...and oretty much no rules...you fought till u didnt get up anymore..knockdowns with 10 counts werent even a thing..it slowly progressed to what he have now...

Taking out knees on the floor in MMA helped it grow and improved the sport...and made it safer so more could compete...

There have been some pretty brutal k.os from knees on the floor and soccer kicks/stomps that hurt guys very badly...

Even in OneFC that allows this now..there have been some pretty dangerous stoppages due to it...

I wager outside of weight cutting complications ...allowing soccer kicks... stomp and or knees to head of a ground opponent will likely lead to a death in MMA within the next decade... ONEFC included .
.someone will die there in the next 10 years if they hang around ...

For reference .
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...es-a-brutal-soccer-kick-to-the-head-at-one-fc

Dr talks about why its a bad idea
Dr Benjamin. I miss his insights. Used to thoroughly enjoy his weekly MMAJunkie articles.

Cheers.

Illegal against the cage would make sense, same with soccer kicks.
Let's not have another area where people can play the 'I have 1 finger top on the fence' game. Just allow them everywhere.

It's because it's a "bad look", and in the mid-late nineties Tipper Gore (and McCain) were going on a very public moral-panic crusade against "human cockfighting". I suspect it also had to do with most American fighters being wrestlers that shoot in a lot, and would get destroyed by that kind of technique (which, for example in Pride, they did). Weirdly, Pride didn't allow elbows (for causing too many cuts), but lining up a field goal on an opponent on all fours was all good.

The UFC should have hired Dee Snyder. He knew how to handle the likes of Tipper and Al Gore

The UFC should have hired Dee Snyder. He knew how to handle the likes of Tipper and Al Gore

Yeah, crusading against both heavy metal and mma? Jesus, leave me a hobby you old hag.

Heh heh, and Snider's coupe d'etat was an absolute crucifixion:
"Songs allow a person to put their own imaginations, experiences and dreams into the lyrics. Uhh, people can interpret it many ways. Mrs Gore was looking for sadomasochism and bondage and she found it. Someone looking for surgical references would have found it as well."

Yeah, crusading against both heavy metal and mma? Jesus, leave me a hobby you old hag.

"Songs allow a person to put their own imaginations, experiences and dreams into the lyrics. Uhh, people can interpret it many ways. Mrs Gore was looking for sadomasochism and bondage and she found it. Someone looking for surgical references would have found it as well."
Don't take The Lords name in vain.

It's because it's a "bad look", and in the mid-late nineties Tipper Gore (and McCain) were going on a very public moral-panic crusade against "human cockfighting". I suspect it also had to do with most American fighters being wrestlers that shoot in a lot, and would get destroyed by that kind of technique (which, for example in Pride, they did). Weirdly, Pride didn't allow elbows (for causing too many cuts), but lining up a field goal on an opponent on all fours was all good.

Thats a good point.

Let's not have another area where people can play the 'I have 1 finger top on the fence' game. Just allow them everywhere.
Would need to be grounded and torso/head against the cage. If not both it's fair game.

soccer moms and democrats

Fuck that. Republicans try to ban everything. MMA, violence in video games, swearing in music, literally anything to do with sex in any medium etc etc.

For people who cry about freedom they sure do love banning stuff.

Balance. We want people to fight, but not at all costs. Knees or 12/6 elbows aren't dangerous because BJM says it. They are dangerous, period. Extremely so. Imagine Matt Hamill, and Jon landing those elbows to his nose AND eyes, that could have gone pretty bad.

Fuck that. Republicans try to ban everything. MMA, violence in video games, swearing in music, literally anything to do with sex in any medium etc etc.

For people who cry about freedom they sure do love banning stuff.
It's because they have to pander to their constituents, who believe a magical sky daddy doesn't want us doing those things.

Doesn't look safe to me. The angle (directly down, at right angle) and force applied while holding an opponent in various blanketed ground states also prevents refs from seeing if the fighter receiving goes out. Take the opportunity to sound badass elsewhere

A pinned head taking a full wind-up knee to the nose can straight up kill you and you're probably kidding yourself if you say it can't. The mass of a knee/leg/thigh is also way more than an arm, basic math. So the force applied runs the risk of doubling

He was brilliant there. They certainly did not expect that coming from someone looking like that.

"I can't help that Tipper Gore has a dirty mind."

He was brilliant there. They certainly did not expect that coming from someone looking like that.

"I can't help that Tipper Gore has a dirty mind."

Haha, fatality!
200.gif

Mostly for PR reasons. But I also suspect part of the ban is to avoid a fighter taking strikes when there head/neck is pinned against the cage. That seems like how you accidentally break a neck, unlike in a ring.

Back