Remember when people thought Usman could move up to MW and beat Whittaker?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
{<jordan}

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/usman-vs-whittaker.4248901/#post-168825572

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/usman-vs-whittaker.4176758/#post-164413439

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...6-5-to-beat-whittaker.4164233/#post-163733634

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...er-at-185-who-you-got.3921621/#post-149790235

Fbx2sevXEAAZQ4S

tumblr_ohb0ykQIUa1r7vh24o1_500.gifv

tumblr_pa3e24OexB1rofocqo1_400.gif

OptimalWelltodoBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

192a76eaed3a4f871bd566ab2a0a4e9c.gif

DarlingGiantIbex-size_restricted.gif

The only reason he doesn't have 2 more cross feint to head kick KO highlights is because Yoel and Marvins heads are made of steel. Whittaker sets up that head kick against everyone he fought even got Izzy with it but Izzy's defense was good. It's not a matter of if but WHEN he lands it on Kamaru. And when he does Kamaru gets put in a coma. He does not have Yoel or Marvin's chin. If Leon it KTFO you Whittaker is putting you in a body bag with it.

I've been saying it for years on here Whittaker is the WORST nightmare matchup for Usman at 170 or 185lbs. He is POISON for him in every aspect. He wouldn't just outclass him badly on the feet and KO him he'd outwrestle and outgrapple him as well. Usman gets slaughtered. Anyone who thinks Kamaru could actually move up and beat Rob has a very embarrassingly poor understanding of MMA.

Kamaru-usman-koed.png

If that was the case, Whittaker should cut to 170 and lose some muscle and book a match with Usman after he gets his title back. I'd watch it.

I think Usman is the perfect size for 170, however I wouldn't be against him moving up if he wanted to do it even If I don't see him doing well at 185 or 205.

Win or lose, moving up a weight class deserves some props to any fighter who does it and if he ever does it in his career I'll give him credit.
It was just talk at the time, but he did seem serious before the second Leon fight about moving up to some extent so we'll see if it ever happens.

IMO I don't think he does well against the top guys at MW, I see Izzy, Marvin and Whittaker beating him.
For LHW I see him getting beat pretty handily by most guys.

He honestly still could if you get out of your every week being the most important week ever mindset.

tumblr_ohb0ykQIUa1r7vh24o1_500.gifv

tumblr_pa3e24OexB1rofocqo1_400.gif

OptimalWelltodoBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

192a76eaed3a4f871bd566ab2a0a4e9c.gif

DarlingGiantIbex-size_restricted.gif

The only reason he doesn't have 2 more cross feint to head kick KO highlights is because Yoel and Marvins heads are made of steel. Whittaker sets up that head kick against everyone he fought even got Izzy with it but Izzy's defense was good. It's not a matter of if but WHEN he lands it on Kamaru. And when he does Kamaru gets put in a coma. He does not have Yoel or Marvin's chin. If Leon it KTFO you Whittaker is putting you in a body bag with it.

I've been saying it for years on here Whittaker is the WORST nightmare matchup for Usman at 170 or 185lbs. He is POISON for him in every aspect. He wouldn't just outclass him badly on the feet and KO him he'd outwrestle and outgrapple him as well. Usman gets slaughtered. Anyone who thinks Kamaru could actually move up and beat Rob has a very embarrassingly poor understanding of MMA.

Kamaru-usman-koed.png

All the gifs show a right head kick, but we all know Usman's kryptonite is the left head kick

I still don't get the whole "i told you so" angle on a fight that didn't happen and likely won't happen either. You like to make shit up a lot don't ya TS.

Told you so threads are stupid. Just like the ones where guys make unlikely and bold claims all the time, get shit wrong and no one recalls, but the second they get something right, they're beating their chest like McConaughey in Wolf of Wallstreet.

Told you so threads are stupid. Just like the ones where guys make unlikely and bold claims all the time, get shit wrong and no one recalls, but the second they get something right, they're beating their chest like McConaughey in Wolf of Wallstreet.
This is TS whole schtick. Create an imaginary scenario declare himself the winner and pat himself on the back or whatever he does to "reward" himself. lols

The only thing TS has proven is that he is a Rob supporter this thread still does absolutely fuck all in determining who would win a completely hypothetical fight. ha ha ha

That’s cool about how does usman fair against Jon Jones? Does the head kick that took out DC result in a Jones win or another Nc?

Rob is a tough match up for anyone.

<WhatItIs>

Especially if Usman is coming up to MW... even if Kamaru will have size. Rob would still be quicker... attacking Kamaru's bad knees.

Back