Remember when people thought Usman could move up to MW and beat Whittaker?

Whittaker hasn’t earned a win(he clearly lost to Yoel in the 2nd fight) against anybody worth mentioning since 2017.

He’s running through a horrendous division(and doing it in his typical boring way).
<LikeReally5>

90V2.gif

Usman cuts a shit ton of weight for a reason.

After he got through the Yoel rematch I didn't think anyone would beat him

Rob was 24yo and just lost to Court McGee before he fought Wonderboy. Wasn't anywhere near a prime Bobby Knuckles.

He would demolish Wonderboy if they fought now.
If I was Mcgee I would hold on to that fact forever lmaoooo

If that was the case, Whittaker should cut to 170 and lose some muscle and book a match with Usman after he gets his title back. I'd watch it.

Whittaker went up to MW when he was 23, he's 31 now, he's never going back down to 170lbs. It's normal to see someone who starts pro at 18 like Whittaker go from 18-23 as a WW and then move up a division. Whittaker won the Aus Commonwealth games qualifiers for freestyle wrestling at 213lbs. A Kyrgz prospect I follow started his career at 145lbs and is now 24 and a Welterweight, a strapping one at that. Whittaker would probably kick Usmans head off at 185lbs but he may be so depleted at 170lbs that he'd get overwhelmed by the pace over 5 rounds.

Indeed. The one exception I can think of off the top of my head was BRASIL WAND or whatever dude's name was before he got banned (good riddance IMO). Talked about how Whittaker's "scrambling style" wouldn't work against Usman's dominant wrestling or some such. But he always had it in for Whittaker and his fanbase. Said that Whittaker wasn't actually a talented fighter and anybody who supported him or said nice things about his skill set were just simping for a "nice guy". It was weird.

Yeah...
Wow totally forgot about that clown. What a world class dipshit he was. Pretty sure he also picked Cannonier to KO Whittaker too.

1) Would Whittaker KO Usman with a head kick just because Edwards did? Possibly, but I wouldn't bet on it.
2) Is Whittaker a bad match-up for Usman, and should he be favored to win at 185, even if it's a relatively dominant UD? Yep, absolutely.

T.S. tried a little too hard on this one, but he's right Whittaker should be the favorite. Nothing about Usman-Edwards changed my mind about that in any way. Bobby hasn't had a KO in over 5 years, though, so him finishing Usman is certainly not a foregone conclusion. Usman isn't an easy guy to finish just because he's been KO'd once near the end of a 5-round fight.

Usman still thinks he's got the tools for beating Jiri and Jan

Wow totally forgot about that clown. What a world class dipshit he was. Pretty sure he also picked Cannonier to KO Whittaker too.

Agreed. In the interest of full disclosure I actually picked Cannonier in that fight too (bad move in hindsight) but only because I was fairly convinced by Jared's momentum at the time and the narrative of his power versus Rob's "suspect" durability. Live and learn.

People severely over-rate champions

It's so silly, the fighter is obviously good, no need to pretend they're invincible

It's that and Rob being underrated in general. UFC doesn't even have him ranked P4P top 15 which is just asinine even for UFC's already low standards.

And being 0-2 against the champ causes guys to get underrated. It happened to Faber, JoeB, shit I wouldn't be surprised if some retarded MMA fans started underrating how great Max is just b/c he's 0-3 against Volk now.

Just because he lost to Leon doesn't mean he can't

Just because he lost to Leon doesn't mean he can't

If you can't take a Leon head kick you sure as fuck aren't taking a Whittaker one and he lands it on everyone

FWIW Pawel Pawlak survived the exact same head kick from Leon that sent Usman to the shadow realm with his leg twitching uncontrollably

DigitalMixedGuppy-max-1mb.gif

If you can't take a Leon head kick you sure as fuck aren't taking a Whittaker one and he lands it on everyone

FWIW Pawel Pawlak survived the exact same head kick from Leon that sent Usman to the shadow realm with his leg twitching uncontrollably

DigitalMixedGuppy-max-1mb.gif
So you think Usman is perpetually susceptible to that headkick? Like literally BLIND to it?
Come on now

So you think Usman is perpetually susceptible to that headkick? Like literally BLIND to it?
Come on now

Umm yes... Here is Leon's own coach talking about this bad tendency

“I was pretty confident that Usman at some point was going to move away from the punch to that side, and Leon saw it,” Cleminson said. “If you’re going to be ducking into head kicks, these things would happen. … I’ve pulled up some video and cut some video footage of the Colby (Covington) fight, (Rafael dos Anjos) as well, and he does it numerous times. I’m like, ‘This is a pattern forming. I think you can manipulate this.’ It’s all about timing."

Wrestlers have a bad tendency in doing it

Barnett exposed it early with DC. Numerous other examples.

Umm yes... Here is Leon's own coach talking about this bad tendency

“I was pretty confident that Usman at some point was going to move away from the punch to that side, and Leon saw it,” Cleminson said. “If you’re going to be ducking into head kicks, these things would happen. … I’ve pulled up some video and cut some video footage of the Colby (Covington) fight, (Rafael dos Anjos) as well, and he does it numerous times. I’m like, ‘This is a pattern forming. I think you can manipulate this.’ It’s all about timing."

Wrestlers have a bad tendency in doing it

Barnett exposed it early with DC. Numerous other examples.

Fair point but to say Usman can't adjust to it after months of prepping and conditioning is bonkers

Indeed. The one exception I can think of off the top of my head was BRASIL WAND or whatever dude's name was before he got banned (good riddance IMO). Talked about how Whittaker's "scrambling style" wouldn't work against Usman's dominant wrestling or some such. But he always had it in for Whittaker and his fanbase. Said that Whittaker wasn't actually a talented fighter and anybody who supported him or said nice things about his skill set were just simping for a "nice guy". It was weird.

Yeah...

Lol I remember that dude used to come into every Whittaker thread and post gifs of the KO loss to Izzy. Pretty sure he was just an ATT dickrider and was mad about Yoel losing to Rob twice.

{<jordan}

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/usman-vs-whittaker.4248901/#post-168825572

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/usman-vs-whittaker.4176758/#post-164413439

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...6-5-to-beat-whittaker.4164233/#post-163733634

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...er-at-185-who-you-got.3921621/#post-149790235

Fbx2sevXEAAZQ4S

tumblr_ohb0ykQIUa1r7vh24o1_500.gifv

tumblr_pa3e24OexB1rofocqo1_400.gif

OptimalWelltodoBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

192a76eaed3a4f871bd566ab2a0a4e9c.gif

DarlingGiantIbex-size_restricted.gif

The only reason he doesn't have 2 more cross feint to head kick KO highlights is because Yoel and Marvins heads are made of steel. Whittaker sets up that head kick against everyone he fought even got Izzy with it but Izzy's defense was good. It's not a matter of if but WHEN he lands it on Kamaru. And when he does Kamaru gets put in a coma. He does not have Yoel or Marvin's chin. If Leon it KTFO you Whittaker is putting you in a body bag with it.

I've been saying it for years on here Whittaker is the WORST nightmare matchup for Usman at 170 or 185lbs. He is POISON for him in every aspect. He wouldn't just outclass him badly on the feet and KO him he'd outwrestle and outgrapple him as well. Usman gets slaughtered. Anyone who thinks Kamaru could actually move up and beat Rob has a very embarrassingly poor understanding of MMA.

Kamaru-usman-koed.png

Breaking news: Sherdoggers overreact after every fight.

Fighter X got knocked out by a punch once
Fighter Y hurt people with punches
Obviously Y would beat X
Sherbro-logic.exe executed successfully

Ok cool. Good to know Whittaker will win an imaginary fight that will never happen.

Back