Remarkably bad gameplans or displays of fight IQ.

Fedor trying to throw a leaping hook while standing too close to Maldonado was pretty disappointing.

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Circling into Hendo's right hand wasn't the greatest plan.

Werdum getting ktfo by Miocic is pretty puzzling for me..

From tricking fedor into his game, to doing well against travis, to faking a take down to tko hunt, to saying something about the climate in Mexico when fighting against cain and using it against him.... and he ran into Miocic to get ktfo....

Speaking recently, Lineker vs McDonald seemed pretty bad. McDonald was the much taller lankier guy and he decided to brawl it out with Lineker against the cage where Lineker thrives. Cat versus Ronda is probably one of the worst though.

I really didn't expect McDonald to do that. I picked him to win by decision. Thought he was a smarter fighter than that.

I may get heat for this but Gil not switching to southpaw after Barboza liquefied his left leg.

Oh and Gil not checking Barboza's kicks. Very Nate Diaz-esque, Joe.

Rousey vs Holm
Holm vs Valentina
Cat vs Rousey
Aldo vs McGregor
McGregor vs Diaz
Cat vs Pena
McMann vs Rousey

Tate against Rousey was a terrible gameplan. She was winning the striking and kept going for takedowns when she'd continuously get reversed and thrown down.

More recently, Vitor pulling guard against Jacare??? wtf man. I know you're old, but you're still the most explosive mofo ever on the feet- Keep it standing brother.

Weidman doing the spinning kick - he was pulling away in round 3 and rockhold was gassing. Stay the course and he probably wins the fight, destroys bisping, and this whole hendo/bisping bullshit is not happening. Thanks Chris.

Everytime this topic is brought up Ronda Tate 2 is the first fight that comes to my mind.

The last Tate vs Rousey. Admittedly I haven't watched it since it was live, but I felt Tate was winning the stand up exchanges and she gave the fight away by continually shooting for takedown that got reversed and clinching and getting thrown until she eventually got subbed.
Tait wasn't winning shit.

Back