Remarkably bad gameplans or displays of fight IQ.

Some like Wiedman I can chalk up to fatigue. Everyone makes mistakes when they are tired.

Its when they continually ignore their corner that bothers me. Your Samman vs Boetsch is a perfect example.
I never seen that fight
Thot samman might take it
What happened
Short version plz

Ryan bader shooting for a takedown a mile away from Anthony Johnson is pretty high on the list.

t
I don't like it when people try to say "Fighter X should have done this." like they know how to fight better than the pros, but I'm also a hypocrite and there are certain instances where "What were they thinking?" is a natural response. There are moments when a fighter makes a decision that's not just bad in hindsight, but a bad decision period.

Josh Samman clinching over and over with Tim Boetsch.

Zingano's gameplans against Rousey and Pena.

Mark Hominick's fake glove touch against Korean Zombie.

Thiago Alves' TD against Kampmann that got him guillotined.

Ryan Bader's desperation TD attempt on Rumble in the opening moment of the fight.

Weidman's spinning kick.

"HELLO JAPAN."
game plans...... That gives your opponent too much respect...\........ Just be very good at everything.....When you are in there... Don't do anything stupid to let them win.....

Last edited:
Rousey/Holm, Werdum/Miocic, Fedor/Maldonado, and Andy "The Warrior" Wang.

I never seen that fight
Thot samman might take it
What happened
Short version plz
Samman looked good just strking but kept initiating clinching and wrestling with Boetche against the cage even though his corner kept yelling at him not too. They told him between rounds to stop it. He kept doing it and he got KO'd for it.

BJ penn in the second half of his career

Probably the worse corner too

Speaking recently, Lineker vs McDonald seemed pretty bad. McDonald was the much taller lankier guy and he decided to brawl it out with Lineker against the cage where Lineker thrives. Cat versus Ronda is probably one of the worst though.

tumblr_o78bhmlLWB1qa33wlo1_500.gif
Dammit that was a slick KO.

6.gif

Up 2 rounds, winning round 3, you have your opponent pressured to the fence with strikes, so you shoot a mediocre double leg giving up a choke.

Granted Alves' coach was screaming for the TD(Alves fired him after this). No matter who thought it up, it was terrible fight I.Q. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Aldo rushing out like that against a known counter puncher was pretty dumb.

game plans...... That gives your opponent too much respect..... Just be very good at everything.....When you are in there... Don't do anything stupid to let them win..
That's why you're a whitebelt on sherdog and not a pro mma fighter.

Gilbert just hurt Barboza and went for a takedown. That happens a lot but I've seen so many fights theres no way to remember which ones.

Ronda Rousey against Holm was the worst gameplan I've ever seen. Whereas as Tate vs Holm was one of the best game plans I've seen.

Back