Remarkably bad gameplans or displays of fight IQ.

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't like it when people try to say "Fighter X should have done this." like they know how to fight better than the pros, but I'm also a hypocrite and there are certain instances where "What were they thinking?" is a natural response. There are moments when a fighter makes a decision that's not just bad in hindsight, but a bad decision period.

Josh Samman clinching over and over with Tim Boetsch.

Zingano's gameplans against Rousey and Pena.

Mark Hominick's fake glove touch against Korean Zombie.

Thiago Alves' TD against Kampmann that got him guillotined.

Ryan Bader's desperation TD attempt on Rumble in the opening moment of the fight.

Weidman's spinning kick.

"HELLO JAPAN."

ufc-gif-o.gif

WhimsicalDeepHoopoe.gif

"Martin Kampmann"

(gestures broadly in all directions)

UFC allowing a roided up white boy to bypass USADA and fuck up UFC 200 even worse than it already was.

The last Tate vs Rousey. Admittedly I haven't watched it since it was live, but I felt Tate was winning the stand up exchanges and she gave the fight away by continually shooting for takedown that got reversed and clinching and getting thrown until she eventually got subbed.

Recently id say Holm/Schevenko.
By round 3 Holly should of tried more clinch/takedown and groundwork.She seemed stronger and able to be in control when she did clinch.
But on the feet looked like the older slower fighter that was gonna lose a decision

Some like Wiedman I can chalk up to fatigue. Everyone makes mistakes when they are tired.

Its when they continually ignore their corner that bothers me. Your Samman vs Boetsch is a perfect example.

Timmeh takin down frank for a broken forearm has got to be up there

Jorge Gurgel. Hi, I'm a decorated BJJ blackbelt with no standup, let's stand and bang!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back