Rejected by Girl - Feeling Down

potatoe57

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Getting rejected is nothing new for most guys in their mid-20's but this has left me down quite a bit.

Have known this girl for well over a year and would consider us to be good friends even if we don't see each other too often anymore, other than a few social functions now and again.

Basically I've had feelings for her for a while and decided that I needed to 'fess up, else I would drive myself crazy with keeping the crush a secret. I told her how I felt and was told the attraction was not mutual, she considered me a good friend but only that. To her credit she was clear and let me down easily.

Being honest, there was a serious relief in finally knowing the truth but nevertheless I'm still feeling down over it. In truth I probably kept my feelings hidden for too long which has added to the sting of being rejected.

Not entirely sure why I'm writing this, I've been rejected before but not by a girl I've had such strong feelings for.

Anyone want to commiserate with me? Tell me to man up? Give some helpful advice?

Sorry to hear that. But now that you know you can move on now without lingering what if feelings. Which lets be honest are way worse.

Steps to follow:

1. Get shitfaced drunk
2. Pass out
3. Wake up and drink an entire pot of coffee
4. Suck it up and move on with life

get over it

everyone gets rejected.. find someone else and try again

You were in the friend zone for a full year. You need to be sexual and make your intentions clear in a subtle way at the beginning. It's time to move on now, it make be difficult but it will pass. If you're hellbent on this one girl, then my advice to you is to go out with as many other girls as you can and find a new way to present yourself to this girl in a more sexual way.

Getting rejected is nothing new for most guys in their mid-20's but this has left me down quite a bit.

Have known this girl for well over a year and would consider us to be good friends even if we don't see each other too often anymore, other than a few social functions now and again.

Basically I've had feelings for her for a while and decided that I needed to 'fess up, else I would drive myself crazy with keeping the crush a secret. I told her how I felt and was told the attraction was not mutual, she considered me a good friend but only that. To her credit she was clear and let me down easily.

Being honest, there was a serious relief in finally knowing the truth but nevertheless I'm still feeling down over it. In truth I probably kept my feelings hidden for too long which has added to the sting of being rejected.

Not entirely sure why I'm writing this, I've been rejected before but not by a girl I've had such strong feelings for.

Anyone want to commiserate with me? Tell me to man up? Give some helpful advice?

get over her by getting some other lassy under you, if your relaxed about love you get better by failing until you find the one you really are destened ti be succsessfyl with. Good luck buddy

pussy-on-a-pedestal_design.png

At least you tried and now know. If you hadn't asked you'd be wondering "what if" for god knows how long like most people

Sorry to hear that. But now that you know you can move on now without lingering what if feelings. Which lets be honest are way worse.

Yeah, hands up on that point. I may be down for a couple of days but I'll get over it and know the truth, unlike before where I was completely unsure.

I was there a few weeks ago too brotha. Really liked the girl then she withdrew all affection, we were heading toward bf-gf area but she changed her mind after about a month of it. AOE2 doesn't just fall for any girl so it did struck an unpleasant chord in my heart. Use this energy that you feel into creation... writing, music, drawing, painting, etc. You'll be surprised with how naturally it comes during times like this. The arts also exert emotions that build up which is good for you.

At least you tried, TS. Just relax, you haven't lost anything. The birds will still chirp, the Earth will still rotate on its axis, etc.

The lesson here is if you are attracted to a girl, never know her well enough that it'd hurt you to get turned down by her.

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I feel I should point out that I'm not exactly in a deep depression over it or am currently crying over the keyboard. Just feeling a little down is all.

Sorry bro, but be proud of yourself you took a chance and its better than not knowing. Its her loss you gotta put her behind you right away and start meeting other girls to get her out of your brain. With time it will pass. A wiseman once gave me great advice " if someone is willing to walk away from you, let them walk" there not meant to be apart of your life.

post her pics so we can tell you whats wrong with her elbows

Got friend-zoned the other day bro. I know how it feels.

On to the next one. Don't get upset over little shit like this.

Back