• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rehab.

Does perking off with withdrawal shakes spice it up a bit?

Reactions: 666
That was the only good thing drinking ever brought me. It almost tipped the scale.
Seriously though, good luck. I hope you kick those demons’ asses this time, and you can get the life you truly want to live. Godspeed!

If you’ve been through it before, at least you know what to expect. I commend you for taking these steps, and I wouldn’t want to say anything that could de-motivate you—but I also want to be honest about the danger.

This should be a medical detox (most of these 3-day detoxes are, from what I understand). If it isn’t, if it’s cold turkey, I would absolutely advise against that.
You should be prescribed a slow acting benzodiazepine, like Librium for example, on a taper schedule. That taper should go 10 days or so. If it was only 3 days, I’d find that very concerning.

Finally, the big thing to watch is that 3 days is not enough to fully detox, or build new habits. There’s a risk in drinking again and if you’re on a benzo taper, mixing those two is bad news.

Be careful, be committed, work hard, and feel free to drop me a PM if you’re having a hard time.

This man! Medical detox should be at least 5 days if you are truly physically dependent on it. Librium taper 100mg down to 25mg over the course of 5-10 days depending on your doctor. Somewhere around day 5 is when some serious DTs can actually hit you as well so just be aware.

After that hit up a 30 day program. As someone with a lot of experience in this realm I would strongly suggest to take the time now in life or you will very likely end up back in the same position.

It's really sad but the recovery numbers for alcoholics are really bad even with a 30 day program. Stay safe out there and best of luck. Hit me up if you need to.

The only time I watched or listed to Stern was this Norm clip about Dirty Johnny...lol

Reactions: 666
WAIT!!!

You being a druggie explains that fucked up TMNT death match shit you tried getting me into. It all makes sense now...

I've been there man. More times than I'd like to admit.

It took took a lot for me to get sober. Multiple detoxes, rehabs, I lived in 3 different sober living homes/halfway houses. But eventually it did click for me. I think the last time I went to detox and rehab I was so tired of it and I had no fight left. And for some reason something just clicked, I realized I didn't know how to stay sober.. but the people in the rehab center did.. so I just became willing to listen to their advise and do what they suggested.

Sounds really dumb I know, but it's the truth.

53a0ea06-be46-47dd-b0ea-83a95055bbb2_text.gif

WAIT!!!

You being a druggie explains that fucked up TMNT death match shit you tried getting me into. It all makes sense now...
We needed you, man, and he caught alcoholism, and others got ADHD because of it.

Last edited:
You guys won't hear from me for 3 days or more I suppose. It's been fun but tomorrow I'm going to one of those 3 day clinics for detox and they don't allow electronics.

This is going to royally suck. I hope I get my life on track again and still visit you guys afterwards when I get sober.

Thanks all. You guys are funny. Please make some good posts as this time could be the end of me.
Best of luck, we're here to support. You're one of the people that keep this place fun, we are rooting for you!!

Yea I'm like a Russian.

It's absolutely brutal man and it's not just the shakes you're hot and cold at the same time, itchy, throwing up 20 times per day, sweating profusely and it's bad smelling.

Tossing and turning in bed.

And those are just the physical things. Anxiety, fear and hate mess with you too.

Seriously, good luck. People will never understand the weird dry itchy skin and extreme sweatyness at night.

I am 10 days sober. It fucking sucks. The hallucinations on night one were vicious. Auditory, visual and physical. Demons.

Good luck. Real sleep is absolutely wild now.
I'm built different but thanks.

You guys won't hear from me for 3 days or more I suppose. It's been fun but tomorrow I'm going to one of those 3 day clinics for detox and they don't allow electronics.

This is going to royally suck. I hope I get my life on track again and still visit you guys afterwards when I get sober.

Thanks all. You guys are funny. Please make some good posts as this time could be the end of me.
Fucking QUITTER!!

Nah man, just kidding.
Good luck.

Get yourself right.

Back