• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rehab.

T-800
Yellow Card
Reaction score
You guys won't hear from me for 3 days or more I suppose. It's been fun but tomorrow I'm going to one of those 3 day clinics for detox and they don't allow electronics.

This is going to royally suck. I hope I get my life on track again and still visit you guys afterwards when I get sober.

Thanks all. You guys are funny. Please make some good posts as this time could be the end of me.

well-bye-later.gif

You’re detoxing from alcohol in 3 days? Are you physically dependent? Like, do you get the shakes, that sort of thing?
Yea I'm like a Russian.

It's absolutely brutal man and it's not just the shakes you're hot and cold at the same time, itchy, throwing up 20 times per day, sweating profusely and it's bad smelling.

Tossing and turning in bed.

And those are just the physical things. Anxiety, fear and hate mess with you too.

You’re detoxing from alcohol in 3 days? Are you physically dependent? Like, do you get the shakes, that sort of thing?

Yeah definitely seems too fast.

You guys won't hear from me for 3 days or more I suppose. It's been fun but tomorrow I'm going to one of those 3 day clinics for detox and they don't allow electronics.

This is going to royally suck. I hope I get my life on track again and still visit you guys afterwards when I get sober.

Thanks all. You guys are funny. Please make some good posts as this time could be the end of me.

Come back sober or don't come back at all lol.

Nah I'm just fuckin with you sir, give it all you got and you might just come out the other side.

"Peace is not the absence of chaos, its how we deal with the chaos that creates real peace." ~HH (Elder)

Come back sober or don't come back at all lol.

Nah I'm just fuckin with you sir, give it all you got and you might just come out the other side.

"Peace is not the absence of chaos, its how we deal with the chaos that creates real peace." ~HH (Elder)
Might still take a hit of weed now and then and be in your dm's!

No man I've been through it before. 72 hours you feel normal again and can eat.

After that it's residual shite.

I have been clean/sober for 16 years, been through the withdrawals for at least 4 different drugs and did it on my own.

The residual shit as you call it is where the real journey happens sir.

Might still take a hit of weed now and then and be in your dm's!

Nothing wrong with that sir, I look forward to them.

Much love brother, and keep your head up for its the only way the sun can touch your face.

Yea I'm like a Russian.

It's absolutely brutal man and it's not just the shakes you're hot and cold at the same time, itchy, throwing up 20 times per day, sweating profusely and it's bad smelling.

Tossing and turning in bed.

And those are just the physical things. Anxiety, fear and hate mess with you too.

No man I've been through it before. 72 hours you feel normal again and can eat.

After that it's residual shite.
If you’ve been through it before, at least you know what to expect. I commend you for taking these steps, and I wouldn’t want to say anything that could de-motivate you—but I also want to be honest about the danger.

This should be a medical detox (most of these 3-day detoxes are, from what I understand). If it isn’t, if it’s cold turkey, I would absolutely advise against that.
You should be prescribed a slow acting benzodiazepine, like Librium for example, on a taper schedule. That taper should go 10 days or so. If it was only 3 days, I’d find that very concerning.

Finally, the big thing to watch is that 3 days is not enough to fully detox, or build new habits. There’s a risk in drinking again and if you’re on a benzo taper, mixing those two is bad news.

Be careful, be committed, work hard, and feel free to drop me a PM if you’re having a hard time.

Good luck, brotha!

I mean, you’ll be a quitter, but I’ll still love ya. Just no more 3am drunk booty calls anymore, and that makes me sad…

Back