• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reem would beat Jones

Ubereem yes he has a good chance to beat anyone in fact.

Overeem not so much.

Didn’t Overeem used to pummel Jon in training? I recall controversy over the fact that Reem was beating him up to the point that it created problems.

Reem is obviously done at this point. But if we dialed it back to ~2011 Overeem… I’d have my money on The Demolition Man.
No, this was just a fantasy invented by Jon haters on Sherdog. Never anything credible to it.

The only thing that did happen was that Jon was injured in sparring. Which means absolutely nothing to anybody who's ever trained anything.

uberreem would destroying jones. overeem would not beat jones.

Jon would smoke current Reem

Ubereem vs HW Jones would be fun to watch. Ubereem's offense and aggressiveness against Jon's strategy. I think it would be a tossup, as I think Jon flourishes in hard matchups like these. I can see him catching Ubereem (who's chin is probably not the best). At the same time, Ubereem had such strength.

Another interesting matchup would be Ubereem vs HW Pictograms/PED Jon.

Everyone roasting TS but Reem is in fact one of the worst stylistic matchup for Jon. Jones should still be favored as UBEREEM is no more but if Reem could get back on the sauce one last time, itd be bad news for Jon

Entry level UFC Reem? Yea he would have drilled a knee into jones soul. USADA Reem would be lucky to get to the 3rd.

Overeem would beat him and i got prime Tim Sylvia beating Jon in a very boring fight.

If we're talking the Ubereem version on his horsemeat diet, then yeah that version definitely steamrolls Jon.

The grappling cancels each other out. Alistair won the ADCC European trials in the 2000s & always had a sick guillotine choke. Jon is in big trouble if Ubereem gets on top & just smashes his head through the ground with his vicious gnp. On the other hand Alistair always had a very weak guard game so if Jon takes him down he may get elbow-fucked despite his size advantage.

Alistair clearly has the advantage on the feet & in the clinch unless Jon lands a headkick, flying knee or spinning elbow. Definitely not a good matchup for Jon at all.

On roids,yeah he would

On roids,yeah he would
I don't know. Then we'd have to assume Jones also took more roids than he ever did in the UFC where he at least had to halfway pass tests (though he sometimes didn't). Reem went from a 205-pounder to a monster who cut to 265 with very low body fat. No one else has had a transformation like that in their late 20s. Sapp is probably the only guy who did a similar amount of juicing.

Also, the most juiced version of Overeem wasn't that convincing against Werdum in their second fight...and was breathing super heavy after 3 rounds. If Jones could merely survive in a 5-rounder, I could see him finished an exhausted Reem in the championship rounds.

If he was still in the UFC that would be a great fight. I think Reem beats him, without KO power Jones would be fooked
I disagree, unless you are referring to Ubereem. Then I think you're onto something.

Reyes and Santos beat Jones but Reem couldn’t?
They actually didn't, but Browne, Rothwell, Bigfoot and (going way back) Bobby Hoffman all finished Reem...not exactly the most technical strikers.

It was in Strikeforce. Reem fought at 205 (Middleweight) in PRIDE.

Ezr28jxWYAQvk_e.jpg
Jones destroys that version of Reem...especially prime Jones from 10 years ago. 205-pound Reem had a gas tank that lasted all of about 3 minutes. And he didn't have the same power he did at HW.

I don't know. Then we'd have to assume Jones also took more roids than he ever did in the UFC where he at least had to halfway pass tests (though he sometimes didn't). Reem went from a 205-pounder to a monster who cut to 265 with very low body fat. No one else has had a transformation like that in their late 20s. Sapp is probably the only guy who did a similar amount of juicing.

Also, the most juiced version of Overeem wasn't that convincing against Werdum in their second fight...and was breathing super heavy after 3 rounds. If Jones could merely survive in a 5-rounder, I could see him finished an exhausted Reem in the championship rounds.
Yeah but that was when he first came back to MMA,and hadnt adjusted his roids to the ground shit. If he prepared properly and got his A-grade mexican horse beef through Amazon.com he would tear Jones' head off.

Back