• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reem would beat Jones

Maybe the Reem that fought Lesnar, who was juiced to the gills. Younger, stronger, faster. Not current Reem. He should be retired.

Reem injured Jones at Jackson's and is clearly the alpha to Jon

Reem got KO'd by shogun in 1 round in 2007 (actually lost to shogun twice)

4 years later Shogun got the ufc LHW belt..... and Jones sonned him on his first defense.

That was LittleReem, not ÜberReem.
Alistair%20Overeem_01.jpg

mma_f_overeem01_576.0.jpg

It's one of the most interesting matchups, for sure. He's hard to take down and loses to guys he outstrikes, due to his bad (for a HW) chin. If Jones gets outstruck, he isn't someone I see landing one big punch to put Overeem out (although we still haven't had a chance to see Jon's HW power). Jon does great work in the clinch, but Overeem is probably the most destructive clinch fighter in MMA and was one of the most dangerous clinch fighters in K-1.

The Ubereem we saw in Glory would probably beat Jones. (popped for roids lol)

If they fought outside of the UFC. The Reem will still lose.

If he was still in the UFC that would be a great fight. I think Reem beats him, without KO power Jones would be fooked
When we last saw regular unleaded EconoReem in the UFC,he did not look good. UberVolkov fucked him up.

The hulking behemoth Ubereem that we just saw that popped in Glory? Jones probably loses to that one.

Sure he could, I see alot of fighters and training partners getting the better of Jon. In the gym. It's just that he absolutely shines the brightest in a fight, his IQ and mental abilities makes him better than everyone.
In the gym it's 50/50, in a fight Jon wins 9/10. And it will take Alistair 7-8 losses to figure some things out.

I always thought Ubereem would have been Jones' worst possible match-up. He's not outstriking Reem, and Reem is physically too strong and big for Jones to bully in the clinch as he does to others. Reem's biggest weakness was always his chin, and that's the one thing he wouldn't have to worry about against Jon.

Back