Reebok: the "all the money goes to the fighters" BS

What's really pathetic is you getting all upset over someone else's money like it even concerns you

Nah whats really pathetic is how much you care about what other people think about the sport they are passionate about. A lot of us are doing just fine financially so caring about the athletes we love to watch and their paycheck has nothing to do with how much we care about our own financial situation. If you aren't doing well financially and hate it when your read how passionate some of us are about fighters thats your own problem, not ours.

What's really pathetic is you getting all upset over someone else's money like it even concerns you

While some I am sure are altruistic, a lot don't really care.
It is an excuse to bitch & post how shitty Zuffa is

Its easier to do it by event. The events are guaranteed. All 603 fighters fighting 3x a year is not.

45 events per year * 6 years = 270 events.

70 million / 270 = $260,000 average per event

Except its not 70 mill, UFC/Reebok already said its money and product.

Except its not 70 mill, UFC/Reebok already said its money and product.

Ok. That's fine with me.

Then every thread bitching about the reebok payout should just be wastelanded since no one knows any of the real numbers.

I thought we were fight fans, not business fans

The business end plays a huge role in the sport. The more money that fighters get, the better athletes the sport can attract. There is absolutely no reason that an athlete should go pro in MMA if he can play baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, football, basketball, hockey, ect. The pay sucks and there is a 100% injury rate.

Ok. That's fine with me.

Then every thread bitching about the reebok payout should just be wastelanded since no one knows any of the real numbers.

I love your logic. You're pathetic.

The business end plays a huge role in the sport. The more money that fighters get, the better athletes the sport can attract. There is absolutely no reason that an athlete should go pro in MMA if he can play baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, football, basketball, hockey, ect. The pay sucks and there is a 100% injury rate.

Explain how MMA has better athletes now than 10 years ago & pay has only gone up drastically?

You (& others) think that all of a sudden Derek Jeter & Michael Jordan will start wanting to get hit in the face

Fighting is something you do because it is ingrained in you.
You can not love baseball & still be great at t
You need to love being a fighter

Ok. That's fine with me.

Plus they said there will be operational costs. Think fighters will get basically all the money from this deal, the problem is the deal isnt enough.

You had a bunch of smaller companies paying guys, Reebok needed to pay like 4 to 5 times what they are paying to make it worthwhile for the fighters.

Plus they said there will be operational costs. Think fighters will get basically all the money from this deal, the problem is the deal isnt enough.

You had a bunch of smaller companies paying guys, Reebok needed to pay like 4 to 5 times what they are paying to make it worthwhile for the fighters.

All of this (maybe not 4-5 times though)

The idea is fine, the implementation was horrid

I personally think the UFC's plan was to get 4-5 blue chip sponsors and have them on the uniforms.

Seems like it fell through.

If the UFC had 4 more companies chipping in, it would make the deal better. The champs would get 150k per fight...which is good but lower guys would still only get $12,500.

I'm not really sure what the first fight on fight pass is worth to sponsors though....so I have nothing to compare that 12.5k to.

Nah whats really pathetic is how much you care about what other people think about the sport they are passionate about. A lot of us are doing just fine financially so caring about the athletes we love to watch and their paycheck has nothing to do with how much we care about our own financial situation. If you aren't doing well financially and hate it when your read how passionate some of us are about fighters thats your own problem, not ours.

Unless you have an actual reply to my position besides childish banter, take your own advice and fuck off

How many times are you going to comment about how you don't get why people care about the athletes they love to watch. I don't get people like you who are obsessing over what other people think about fighter pay. If you don't care then go ahead and fuck right off, no one will miss you. It's pathetic to see someone so butt-hurt over the fact that people are passionate about something. You sound like a miserable twat.

Nailed it buddy. Cruck1980 can fuck off. Maybe some of us ppl can realize what an atrocity this is and want to stand up for what's right. Call me crazy

Alot of us want to know that the fighters who are risking it all to entertain us are being well compensated.

Also this. Too bad there are douchers who can't comprehend this

Isn't it 6 years $70M so that's $11.6m per year.

Average payout per event is around $150k.

UFC has 41 events in 2015 so that's around $6m in fighters payouts. So the fighters are only keeping half the money. Also that money is probably peanuts compared to what they were making before Reebok.

Its easier to do it by event. The events are guaranteed. All 603 fighters fighting 3x a year is not.

45 events per year * 6 years = 270 events.

70 million / 270 = $260,000 average per event

Yes! This is exactly my point.

We know last event only paid around 100K in sponsorship from reebok.

So where is the other 160.000 ??

This is what im talking about..... Of course its not like every event is going to be 260.000. Maybe a little less or more(doubt it). But 160.000 difference? Thats too much

Isn't it 6 years $70M so that's $11.6m per year.

Average payout per event is around $150k.

UFC has 41 events in 2015 so that's around $6m in fighters payouts. So the fighters are only keeping half the money. Also that money is probably peanuts compared to what they were making before Reebok.

This too....

this deal doesnt add up...

I have absolutely no problem in principle with the UFC keeping a cut of sponsorship money, after all, it is their forum that makes fight night sponsorship lucrative. My problem is pragmatic. Fighters suddenly earn drastically less per fight.

Had the UFC inked a great deal and kept a third but still gave the fighters about what they used to make in sponsorship, I would be completely fine with that. The UFC seems to have completely undersold themselves to Reebok.

Unless you have an actual reply to my position besides childish banter, take your own advice and fuck off

Lol, "actual reply". I said what I needed to say, internalize it and quit trying to banter about how you think we should think, like we "actually" give a fuck.

Lol, "actual reply". I said what I needed to say, internalize it and quit trying to banter about how you think we should think, like we "actually" give a fuck.

Back