Reebok: the "all the money goes to the fighters" BS

Unless you have an actual reply to my position besides childish banter, take your own advice and fuck off

Uh oh the Zuffa bot has malfunctioned, its repeating the same old horse dung. Someone call a technician pronto!

I really don't understand how Reebok can afford to do any of this anyway. I never see anyone wearing their stuff, anywhere. They mmust be big overseas cause they don't sell shit in the states.

You must live in a cave. I see slot of ppl wearing their crossfit brand

I have absolutely no problem in principle with the UFC keeping a cut of sponsorship money, after all, it is their forum that makes fight night sponsorship lucrative. My problem is pragmatic. Fighters suddenly earn drastically less per fight.

Had the UFC inked a great deal and kept a third but still gave the fighters about what they used to make in sponsorship, I would be completely fine with that. The UFC seems to have completely undersold themselves to Reebok.

Sure.

Just dont come out saying all the money goes to the fighters, but when u put things on paper, a lot seems to be missing.

I have no problem with the UFC keeping some of the money. In fact... IMO i think its their right...

Just dont tell us otherwise. This thing seems super shady. Why would they make a deal that would leave all fighters pissed off if they are not getting anything from it??? Makes no sense.

The reebok deal was a failed attempt to mask how they are stealing sponsor money from the fighters.

Another thing people are missing is that it's not $70M in cash.

It's $70M in cash and product. Reebok is not giving UFC free uniforms.

Fight kits for each fighter and their corners, I think they get 2 for free for their corners. And it's not just fight shorts and shirt, it's a big bundle of gear from what I understand. Even if you value the fight kits at as little as $200 each, that's still $600 per fighter with their corner. That's still around $4M in just gear at a very conservative estimate over six years. I'm sure the total value of the individual fight kits are a bit more. Shirts, shoes, socks, underwear, hoodies, bags, etc, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the kits are worth closer to $500 per individual.

Not saying this makes up for the lack of cash in the deal, but it's certainly a fair chunk of the $70M evaluation of the deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the cash goes to the fighters and to the salaries of the personnel to manage the distribution of the equipment.

The fact remains. UFC is not as big as we all think it is or wish it was. They cannot bring in the kind of advertising revenue that others major sports can... yet.

And yet I can still believe that Reebok manufactures that shit straight out of Bangladesh in some fucked up factory that is either going to fall completely killing everyone inside and losing all those "kits" and "materials" or continue in perpetuity creating shit for the American masses.

The factory would probably fall either from an earthquake or a stiff wind. Things are really shitty for low wage unskilled workers (In Bangladesh) building shit for companies like Reebok. I doubt each kit is beyond perhaps 10 dollars a piece in materials and wages, possibly lower and considering the price they charge for them I can see them selling in countries that still wear soccer jerseys to civil wars.

The UFC seems to have completely undersold themselves to Reebok.
No, UFC didnt undersold themselves to Reebok, They undersold their fighters, which is huge difference, because in UFC`s mind every fighter is disposable. So If somebody doesnt like Rbk deal, fuck off and go somewhere else. Of course there are fighters that are less disposable than others, so I`m pretty sure They made sure that those fighters are taken care of well enough so that They wouldnt leave.

I cant wait for the day that fighters wont let UFC bully them anymore and realise that without them there`s no UFC. Of course UFC is using the right strategy to keep things as They are. They bought off the big names with gifts and money big enough to keep them happy and satisfied. Without them on board Its a lot harder to create any sort of union and negotiate with UFC, because They are the ones that have the most value in UFC. What They dont understand is the fact, that They would probably make much more If They unite with rest and renegotiate the terms.
But It`s not only about money, It`s also about being treated with respect and to be able to speak Your mind, without being scared of getting fired.

Sure.

Just dont come out saying all the money goes to the fighters, but when u put things on paper, a lot seems to be missing.

I have no problem with the UFC keeping some of the money. In fact... IMO i think its their right...

Just dont tell us otherwise. This thing seems super shady. Why would they make a deal that would leave all fighters pissed off if they are not getting anything from it??? Makes no sense.

The reebok deal was a failed attempt to mask how they are stealing sponsor money from the fighters.

Yes. I strongly agree. Once the UFC said "all the money is going to the fighters", then all the money needed to be going to the fighters.

No, UFC didnt undersold themselves to Reebok, They undersold their fighters, which is huge difference, because in UFC`s mind every fighter is disposable. So If somebody doesnt like Rbk deal, fuck off and go somewhere else. Of course there are fighters that are less disposable than others, so I`m pretty sure They made sure that those fighters are taken care of well enough so that They wouldnt leave.

I cant wait for the day that fighters wont let UFC bully them anymore and realise that without them there`s no UFC. Of course UFC is using the right strategy to keep things as They are. They bought off the big names with gifts and money big enough to keep them happy and satisfied. Without them on board Its a lot harder to create any sort of union and negotiate with UFC, because They are the ones that have the most value in UFC. What They dont understand is the fact, that They would probably make much more If They unite with rest and renegotiate the terms.
But It`s not only about money, It`s also about being treated with respect and to be able to speak Your mind, without being scared of getting fired.

Thats it

ce27d95b8c6826f48d0309c98dd5f554.gif

Uh oh the Zuffa bot has malfunctioned, its repeating the same old horse dung. Someone call a technician pronto!

Unless you have an actual reply to my position besides childish banter, take your own advice and fuck off

yeah and the best fights come when better athletes actually want to fight for the money offered

how fucking hard is this to understand?

Because there's plenty of money in tennis, boxing, baseball and I don't see many, if any, of these supposed super athletes in those sports.

Maybe they abandon this bot like they did the fighters, 1 less programmed shill to listen to on the boards.

I really don't understand how Reebok can afford to do any of this anyway. I never see anyone wearing their stuff, anywhere. They mmust be big overseas cause they don't sell shit in the states.

Rebox has the NHL jersey contract and they are owned by Adidas who makes NBA jerseys so they have the money to not pay the UFC fighters well.

Sure.

I don't get this claim by Dana Baldfather since the UFC always took a cut of sponsor money. Why would they suddenly give up all sponsor money to the fighters?

ALL of the money will end up going to the fighters. The Reebok executive in charge of this deal was on the MMA Hour last week and he talked about how they go over all of the UFCs books to make sure that it is and will. The UFC plans to have more events in more countries over the coming years which is why the #s don't add up today, they need to make sure they have enough to last the full 6 years.

Yes! This is exactly my point.

We know last event only paid around 100K in sponsorship from reebok.

So where is the other 160.000 ??

This is what im talking about..... Of course its not like every event is going to be 260.000. Maybe a little less or more(doubt it). But 160.000 difference? Thats too much

The payout per event is completely dependent on the number of title fights and veteran fighters.

Also, the 260k in payouts is based off the "70 million" deal....which isn't a fact...but rather a guesstimate by some reporters. If the deal is 60 mil, the average would be 222k, 50 mil is 185k, etc etc

UFC189 payout was 235k

UFC190 payout was 203k

You should pretty much always expect UFN cards to payout way less because there aren't title fights and most of the fighters are up and comers and will be at the $2500 level.

I don't get this claim by Dana Baldfather since the UFC always took a cut of sponsor money. Why would they suddenly give up all sponsor money to the fighters?

they didn't give up all sponsor money to the fighers. they gave reebok sponsor money to the fighters.

Don't you see all the all ads plastered all over the octagon? All goldbergs advertisements that he reads? All the movie ads that play?

Maybe they abandon this bot like they did the fighters, 1 less programmed shill to listen to on the boards.

This is what happens when greedy mobsters run a business....i would expect nothing different then how this is all currently playing out... greedy little men who relish taking what rightfully belongs to others ! I have dealt with guys like this in the past and they are all the same ! this is why not a dollar of mine will ever again go towards supporting the UFC mafia, and hopefully many others feel the same as me .... these guys and guys like them deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth with great prejudice !

Back