• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reebok... a D-level brand for D-level athletes? Has anyone bought anything Reebok lately?

No Reebok purchases in the past 20 years or so.

I finally saw someone wearing one of the shirts in public. It was cringier than the ads already are.

The UFC ripped off the fighters by agreeing to the Reebok contract and limiting fighters from other sponsors. I doubt they fought Reebok and said pay fighters more money or the deal is off. UFC will continue ripping them off just cause they can.
Fighters are not limited with sponsors. The only limit is during fight week. If you cannot get a sponsor the other 48 weeks out the year you suck. Shitty fighter management is limiting their sponsors, not Reebok. If you only value to a company is plastering their logo over your ass then you are a shitty partner and a even shittier marketer.

I will never buy Reebok gear
(Slowly finds the nearest trash can to dump shoes away.)

The UFC ripped off the fighters by agreeing to the Reebok contract and limiting fighters from other sponsors. I doubt they fought Reebok and said pay fighters more money or the deal is off. UFC will continue ripping them off just cause they can.

you would think they woulda been able to get a better deal than fucking reebok tho.....their merch sales have to be way down. the new merch is fucking ugly as hell.

Obviously TS is being a little dramatic, but I actually agree. Even before the deal I don't even remember the last time I saw anyone I know, much less professional athletes wearing reebok. So when I heard the news that the UFC was partnering with reebok I immediately asked myself "What in the fuck?"

The UFC should have pressed the other companies much harder for a deal. Nike, adidas, underarmor. Fuck why didn't they just pick one of the dozens of already huge MMA brands to do this with?

I guess my biggest thing with this reebok deal is, how does this benefit the ufc in anyway?

You guys don't follow sports.

I fucking love that shit.

giphy.gif

you would think they woulda been able to get a better deal than fucking reebok tho.....their merch sales have to be way down. the new merch is fucking ugly as hell.

Reebok has improved sales since the UFC deal.
Not that they are selling a lot of UFC merch, but the brand awareness has gone up do to the association
That is what they paid for
The fight kits bombed, but they never expected huge sales
It is about brand awareness

Not that they are selling a lot of UFC merch, but the brand awareness has gone up do to the association

i gotcha. i knew those kits had to be bombing. jeez they're awful. i would buy a tee of one of my favorite fighters if the design wasnt complete trash. all their fighter tees are cheesy looking

i gotcha. i knew those kits had to be bombing. jeez they're awful. i would buy a tee of one of my favorite fighters if the design wasnt complete trash. all their fighter tees are cheesy looking

They are ugly, but in reality how many Jose Aldo kits could they expect to sell? lol

Combat sports was never a big merch seller.
Tyson, Floyd, Pac never sold tons of tees either

They are ugly, but in reality how many Jose Aldo kits could they expect to sell? lol

Combat sports was never a big merch seller.
Tyson, Floyd, Pac never sold tons of tees either

yea true. i have a few fedor tees tho :D and a reem k-1 shirt

Fighters are not limited with sponsors. The only limit is during fight week. If you cannot get a sponsor the other 48 weeks out the year you suck. Shitty fighter management is limiting their sponsors, not Reebok. If you only value to a company is plastering their logo over your ass then you are a shitty partner and a even shittier marketer.
You are right about that. It's the global exposure though, that is keeping fighters from getting top dollar during fight week. Sponsors take in account that since they can't plaster their brand during weigh ins, pressers and on fight shorts, their contracts are not as lucrative as before. UFC and reebok really took a lot out of those critical times of exposure for other brands. Who would have thought years back ufc would be exlusive to reebok fight gear.

Adidas owns reebok.......they are the same

Yet Reebok runs almost completely independent of Adidas. Good try.
Yes they are the same company but all the marquee/elite athletes, sports and rock stars are under the Adidas umbrella. NBA, NHL, Lionel Messi, Connor McDavid, Sidney Crosby, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, U2, Kyle Lowry etc. Reebok gets the rest.

Brand awareness ain't always for the good. If anything I'm more aware their brand is associated with middle/bottom tier sports/athletes.

Last edited:
Sure, Reebok is a D brand that sell about 2 billions yearly <45>

if you wear Adidas you are wearing Reebok, same company

The last time I wore reeboks were Allen iversons shoes while he was still playing ball

reebok-answer-iv-white-black-official-images-2.jpg

Reebok went off the deep end after the AI Sneakers got old.

Those Answers were dope tho

Back