Xbox REDFALL

What I did like about this interview is him saying they wont push back on the creativity of the studios which I agree with. You really don't want to push back on these studios especially ones like Arkane with a proven track record.

All evidence points to meddling and interference by MS.

I mean they created a studio just to make Halo.

Playground games only makes Forza games.

All evidence points to meddling and interference by MS.

I mean they created a studio just to make Halo.

Playground games only makes Forza games.

Yea I guess in a way that's true. I still don't understand how 343 has control of Halo but that's another topic.

Yea I guess in a way that's true. I still don't understand how 343 has control of Halo but that's another topic.

For theyre sticking with a dated formula and game mechanics. Single player campaign to appease the diehard core audience with multiplayer to retain game culture relevance till next release. While the core gameplay loop of slow downed arena shooter mechanics to work with controller users has aged horribly over these past two decades.

Halo franchise evolution shouldve been the Destiny route.

Which is hilarious because Bungie left over not wanting to make Halo anymore then went on to make Destiny.

Who popped champagne when getting out from under Activision to only sell themselves to Sony a few years later. Sometimes people like the David Carradine way.

Who popped champagne when getting out from under Activision to only sell themselves to Sony a few years later. Sometimes people like the David Carradine way.

lol I honestly completely forgot Bungie was with activision.

lol I honestly completely forgot Bungie was with activision.

The Activision deal was supposed to be 10 years but ended early, and Bungie got the worst of it. They got the IP, some money each year, just a share of profits, and interference from Activision.

Last edited:
The Activision deal was only for publishing not ownership and from the get go Bungie owned any IP that was part of that deal, Bungie have only ever been owned by Microsoft and Sony

Candid take from Spencer on everything post-Redfall; talks very briefly gaming platform history, how platform loyalty/continuity today is stronger than ever for Sony and Nintendo so it's hard to win back market share, and also Starfield expectations:

(time to listen: 2m 17s)

Candid take from Spencer on everything post-Redfall; talks very briefly gaming platform history, how platform loyalty/continuity today is stronger than ever for Sony and Nintendo so it's hard to win back market share, and also Starfield expectations:

Wow.. pretty shocking he'd say all that. Almost sounds like he is giving Microsoft 2 weeks' notice.

There are posters her that were convinced the console war this gen was over before it began due to Gamepass and Series X being the more powerful platform.

Still I don't think the pessimism is entirely warranted- they have Bethesda, id, Rare, Playground Games- all developers with strong track records and could be developed further.

On Sony's side, Santa Monica Studio, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, etc. are all studios that started with humble beginnings. Wonder why Phil doesn't have faith in the studios they've already acquired.

Feel like that's a cop out, and just not true. You have incredible resources, if you make great games people will play them. The first-party lineup for Series X has been pathetic, they're trying to do that Sony thing where they just let their studios cook, but their cooks aren't 5-star. I still think Starfield is getting delayed till Christmas, they're in the awful spot of really needing a good exclusive this year and not able to afford another big kerfuffle. Game Pass is great value, no doubt, but it's no excuse for ignoring the console you sold people. Someone had to play Redfall and be like "Yeah, great game, ship it."

They killed my boy (Arkane).

Not gonna lie, I’m getting a little kick over GP being under the negative spotlight, it’s for reasons I said being a possibility on here ages ago.

Got ganged up on by the green brigade, chortles.

They killed my boy (Arkane).
Don't worry Arkane....

Tenor-still-my-boy.gif

I have to say, if this is a case of mismanagement by Microsoft somehow, I can’t help but wonder/worry how things are going over at ID (my favourite developer of all time) these days. What are they working on? Will it be good?

UnfitAlarmingCaimanlizard-max-1mb.gif

I have to say, if this is a case of mismanagement by Microsoft somehow, I can’t help but wonder/worry how things are going over at ID (my favourite developer of all time) these days. What are they working on? Will it be good?

UnfitAlarmingCaimanlizard-max-1mb.gif
I heard from a reputable source that all of their resources have been allocated to mobile game development. Bethesda/MS are not happy with their share in that space, it was determined id was the best studio to help break in.

I heard from a reputable source that all of their resources have been allocated to mobile game development. Bethesda/MS are not happy with their share in that space, it was determined id was the best studio to help break in.
Mighty doom!!!

I assume you’re just teasing me, because I thought that Bethesda had some studio other than ID develop Mighty Doom. Otherwise…

[<dunn]

Back