Xbox REDFALL

I mean, Bungie bought their independence from MS only to let themselves get bought out by Sony eventually

Yea but my guess is Bungie will still have their independence. From what I understand they left MS because they were being forced to do nothing but Halo. As soon as they get their freedom they create one of the best selling GAAS there is. I also heard they approached MS but MS didn't want to do the deal (they didn't want Bungie being so independent).

Sure, but the original release date was supposed to be November of last year. I rarely play things on release anyway, but it makes Bethesda look messy.

IMO Bethesda has always been messy. They are known for having buggy games. I never even finished FO4 because the main story line got bugged.

Yea but my guess is Bungie will still have their independence. From what I understand they left MS because they were being forced to do nothing but Halo. As soon as they get their freedom they create one of the best selling GAAS there is. I also heard they approached MS but MS didn't want to do the deal (they didn't want Bungie being so independent).

IMO Bethesda has always been messy. They are known for having buggy games. I never even finished FO4 because the main story line got bugged.
That's my point basically. It just seems like MS isn't very great to work for and with while Sony has been called great to work with.

The string of bad decisions points to a group of people making decisions who don't care or understand their consumers.

They put a clip of the price is right in the Xbox One reveal for fucks sake

I started Weird West and was enjoying it, but got side tracked with everything else coming out. Been meaning to go back and finish it up aswell. I haven't uninstalled it for that very reason.
Same. Fun unique game.

It really is and I've always felt the same like they were cursed. Honestly though over the years I've heard about MS just making bad decision after bad decision.
The Red Ring thing was terrible, but Xbox was a great platform, then this happened.

537ef5caab8fe2e361829ccb3e50296161c629838eb2f54cba5c052893ec574a_1.jpg

Gamepass is a great service, and they have a lot of talented dev teams, so they can bounce back, but damn their 1st party stuff has been awful overall.

They should put Obsidian on Fallout New Vegas 2 asap, and get the team over at inXile to remake the first 2 fallout games, or oversee it. It's such a mega IP, and they have original developers in house.

They way they ran 343 is bizarre as well. Having a large force be under short term contracts makes no sense.

I tried a little bit of it just now. They don't have a real multiplayer system. I am kinda disappointed with that. The game isn't special but it isn't that bad. I can see it being a little fun with friends. I can see it being super easy if you have a whole team with you.

The Red Ring thing was terrible, but Xbox was a great platform, then this happened.

537ef5caab8fe2e361829ccb3e50296161c629838eb2f54cba5c052893ec574a_1.jpg

Gamepass is a great service, and they have a lot of talented dev teams, so they can bounce back, but damn their 1st party stuff has been awful overall.

They should put Obsidian on Fallout New Vegas 2 asap, and get the team over at inXile to remake the first 2 fallout games, or oversee it. It's such a mega IP, and they have original developers in house.

They way they ran 343 is bizarre as well. Having a large force be under short term contracts makes no sense.

Yea fuck that guy.
How about this guy...

orthy01.jpg

images

That's my point basically. It just seems like MS isn't very great to work for and with while Sony has been called great to work with.

The string of bad decisions points to a group of people making decisions who don't care or understand their consumers.

They put a clip of the price is right in the Xbox One reveal for fucks sake

The proof is really in their first person titles.

Sony has great game after great game, like Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls.

A failure for them is something like Days Gone which still got okay reviews and sold well.

Vs. Microsoft putting put this turd. Makes me think Starfield will end up being a dud.

This game looks embarrassingly bad. It looks like a budget title from an indie company you'd see released back in the "Summer of Arcade" 360 days. Not a full priced AAA showcase.

This game looks embarrassingly bad. It looks like a budget title from an indie company you'd see released back in the "Summer of Arcade" 360 days. Not a full priced AAA showcase.

Yea this game never seemed like anything great to me. Arkane is a good studio though so I thought maybe they could surprise me.

I came here to write almost exactly this. It gave off clunky 360-era vibes to me, and I couldn't understand why anyone was interested at all.

Played it for about 20 mins and shut it off. Good thing it’s on game pass or I’d be upset about the price.

Funny thing about it is I have a pc and a ps5 so I’ve been playing new Xbox games thru my pc onto my tv with a ps5 controller. Gaming sure has changed.

LOL I am the only person who kept playing it I guess. It feels like that Division game to me. Enemy AI isn’t that bright. It’s more like far cry. You just chip and run away until they die. I don’t think there is a dodge/roll unless I skipped that part in the walkthrough. Some of the houses are really tight and close combat in those situations require a dumb AI or they will just kill you easily. I didn't pay for the game so I am not quite angry with it. It's not really bad though.

There is this real annoying bug but I think it's the way the game is optimized. Enemies completely disappear with some distance during a firefight if you back away from them while shooting. They would "blink" in once they are in range again. It is annoying when you are shooting at them while backing then they poof then reappear to shoot you.

Yea this game never seemed like anything great to me. Arkane is a good studio though so I thought maybe they could surprise me.

My thoughts exactly. Every time I saw clips of Redfall, I thought it looked really dull but I was sure that it was going to be fun anyway as it's an Arkane game after all. It's actually mind-boggling how big of a failure this game is.

I was afraid Deathloop was more than just a stumble. This confirms it.

Prey is one of the greatest games of all time. This makes me sad

My thoughts exactly. Every time I saw clips of Redfall, I thought it looked really dull but I was sure that it was going to be fun anyway as it's an Arkane game after all. It's actually mind-boggling how big of a failure this game is.
Spencer just spoke to this:

What this means is probably means is that Xbox/MS may be more hands on with certain games. Aside from telling them to cancel the PS5 Xbox let Arkane do their own thing, and the failure of redfall looks bad for Xbox more than Arkane for many people.

Last edited:

What I did like about this interview is him saying they wont push back on the creativity of the studios which I agree with. You really don't want to push back on these studios especially ones like Arkane with a proven track record. At the end of the day you're taking chances with new IPs. All game companies know this.

I know that Sony will have presentations with all their devs and let them "pitch" their next project (days gone 2 was denied in this process). Maybe MS needs to start taking that sort of approach.

What a joke. Game Pass is shit. Xbox is second rate.

Can't believe the same studio who gave me 3 amazing Dishonored games made this hunk of garbage.

Back