Red king?

What about "Dancing King", dude has a mean shuffle and he made BJ dance a bit also.

tumblr_mert4uqbgn1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Rory+MacDonald+Poorly+Ali+Shuffles+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Has Rory done the shuffle after the BJ fight?

he moves so awkwardly for an elite fighter. you can see what he's TRYING to do here, but he doesnt have the rhythm to execute it and its making me cringe. I imagine him watching youtube clips of RJJ and Ali and trying to mimmick it in the mirror.

As for his new nickname, I bet you he read all the sherdog posts making fun of "Ares" so he googled his name to look for something meaningful to call himself.

The dudes got a chronic case of corniness.

That fits the death stare nicely

Rory-psycho-stare.jpg

He should really just use the Canadian Psycho

Dude gives off such a serial killer vibe in interviews and the ufc embedded he had

he moves so awkwardly for an elite fighter. you can see what he's TRYING to do here, but he doesnt have the rhythm to execute it and its making me cringe. I imagine him watching youtube clips of RJJ and Ali and trying to mimmick it in the mirror.

As for his new nickname, I bet you he read all the sherdog posts making fun of "Ares" so he googled his name to look for something meaningful to call himself.

The dudes got a chronic case of corniness.

latest

About his movement, I agree.

How he attempts the 'Ali shuffle' and all.. it's definitely cringeworthy. He does lack the fluid movements, like you said. You can see what he's trying to do, but he, as you said, doesn't have the rhythm and you can tell he just isn't really that fluid either.

Watch the gifs of him attempting the Ali shuffle and then watch when Pettis did it in the first fight against Benson. You can see that Pettis is a lot more smooth, obviously has better rhythm with his movement, is able to move around much lighter and all.

Still though, what's pretty crazy is just how quickly Ali could move his feet for such a big dude. You see Rory attempt the shuffle, GSP, Pettis, etc, but none of them can move their feet like Ali. It's actually pretty cool IMO. Ali was truly special. There's no point in really doing the Ali shuffle if you can't move your feet like him, the speed, the fluidity and he didn't just use it as a taunt, he used to confuse guys with it and he'd attack with a slick combination right after. It was truly a great thing to watch. There's no point in trying to do the Ali shuffle if you don't have the speed, the fluidity, and the way he would set up his attack with it as well, or else it just seems ridiculous. Ali was the fucking man.

Maybe Red King wants to have a Red Wedding

What about "Dancing King", dude has a mean shuffle and he made BJ dance a bit also.

tumblr_mert4uqbgn1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Rory+MacDonald+Poorly+Ali+Shuffles+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Has Rory done the shuffle after the BJ fight?

He's done the Ali shuffle in a couple of his fights. A lot of guys are saying he looks ridiculous doing it; I personally think it's pretty impressive. As someone that's tried and failed doing that shit a fair bit (I just can't move my feet anywhere near that fast) I respect any white guy that can pull it off.

Back