Red king?

xenomorph4prez

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just looking at Rory Macdonald on sherdog's fight finder and it has his nickname listed as Red King. When did this happen and what is a Red King?

He went from Waterboy to Ares to Red King. Is that a record for different nicknames in such a short time span?

He changed it a few months back to The Red King.

The name ''Rory'' in Celtic is literally ''The Red King''.

Rory is an anglicised version of Rua Ri (should really be Ri Rua) which is gaelic for Red King.

Antichrist*

Big Red*
Lord of Discordia*
Lord of Spiders*
Los'*
Los the Red*
Ram Abbalah*
Red Daddy*
Satan*
The Kingfish

Or the Crimson King, bringer of chaos, eater of worlds

He has a hankering for women at a certain time of the month.

Antichrist*

Big Red*
Lord of Discordia*
Lord of Spiders*
Los'*
Los the Red*
Ram Abbalah*
Red Daddy*
Satan*
The Kingfish

Or the Crimson King, bringer of chaos, eater of worlds

That fits the death stare nicely

Rory-psycho-stare.jpg

War Antichrist?

I think he changed it after he saw the True Detective finale and the main villain reminded him of himself. Only he wasn't quite creepy enough, so he switched yellow to red, symbolizing blood. He's La Magra, the Blood God, in Blade. Extracting blood from his victims continues to add to his strength until he'll be virtually invincible. He just wasn't ready the first time he faced Lawler.

The Antichrist is perfect, dude looks sinister

Remember when Condit had the comeback victory over Rory? I was impressed with Condit's comeback but I was more impressed or creeped out by how nonchalantly Rory took the beating. He seemed really sober and calm for someone who just got smashed. Dude is eerie.

28cq1it.jpg

Rory is apparently and Ultraman fan and his favorite monster is Red King. Yes, I can see the resemblance between the two Red Kings.

Jarl

Remember when Condit had the comeback victory over Rory? I was impressed with Condit's comeback but I was more impressed or creeped out by how nonchalantly Rory took the beating. He seemed really sober and calm for someone who just got smashed. Dude is eerie.

28cq1it.jpg

Yeah, he also have that Put the lotion in the basket aura over him

He wanted the worst nickname in the Welterweight Division, and when Lombard changed himself to Showeather, Rory needed a new nickname to out-bad Lombard, therefore, Rory "Red King" MacDonald was born.

Back