Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Great card but I think Tawanchai vs Smokin Jo in MT is a bit of a mismatch. I know how much you guys over idolize him as a joke on here wink wink @Snubnoze707 but man, what has he got to offer against Tawanchai in Muay Thai?
I agree it's a complete mismatch, wasn't sure why they made the fight again in the first place. My guess is Jo is one of those "anyone, anytime, anywhere" type of guys and ONE just uses him to either keep their stars busy or test new prospects (i.e., the Lessei fight).

On the other hand, Smokin' Jo is the only human who can use 100% of his brain. If he goes all out, I'm not sure even the crowd would be safe.

I really enjoyed OFF last night.

Seksan did a great job of weathering his opponents fast hands with pressure and a room full of leg kicks

I thought Khunsuek looked sensational, fantastic distance control and lower limb work

Great counter left kick to the body for the KO from Yod-IQ, and stopping Tupiev/Tifiev is impressive

Rambong, one of my favourite OFF stalwarts, fought his best fight yet IMO. He really smashed those left kicks into the body and was as good as ever with the counter left.

Wonderful fast and accurate hands for the finishing salvo over Kongchai

Those fights were all very exciting or interesting, made for a, quality card IMO

sooooooo it looks like top of the bill for OFF 167 this Friday is a good one:

Nakrob Fairtex vs Tagir Khalilov

Nakrob is one of my favourite OFF veterans, he has an absolutely guaranteed-action style with that classic Thai pressure. I'd love him to get a contract

with Khalilov, I'm not sure if we will see the guy who flatlined the likes of Chorfah and Black Panther, or the guy who fought a much more circumspect technical fight against Yodlekpet, my instinct would be that he won't want to mix it with Nakrob too much but at the same time i wonder if letting nakrob steam forward just gives him the momentum and it might be better to try and get his respect.

I hope ONE doesnt go with another title shot for Hamidi, he will be outclassed again. Make him fight Kompetch or Pompetch, either will beat him.

I hope ONE doesnt go with another title shot for Hamidi, he will be outclassed again. Make him fight Kompetch or Pompetch, either will beat him.

Hamidi has never had a title shot anyway.

I wouldn't expect a title shot but beating Kongchai so emphatically is a pretty decent form-line for Hamidi, surely? Kompet never looked like stopping him over 6 rounds.

anyone want to make a prediction on Nakrob - Khalilov? If Tagir hadn't handled Yodlekpet relatively comfortably I'd have Nakrob very strong favourite indeed. I haven't yet seen anyone manage to stop Nakrob making it a war though, and in a war I would back him. I'm fucken pumped i think this is a good match and I love Nakrob and look forward to seeing him every time out. I think Nakrob takes Khalilov's legs early and wears him down.

anyone want to make a prediction on Nakrob - Khalilov? If Tagir hadn't handled Yodlekpet relatively comfortably I'd have Nakrob very strong favourite indeed. I haven't yet seen anyone manage to stop Nakrob making it a war though, and in a war I would back him. I'm fucken pumped i think this is a good match and I love Nakrob and look forward to seeing him every time out. I think Nakrob takes Khalilov's legs early and wears him down.

You never know which Khalilov is gonna show up so he's hard to predict. I'll go Khaliliov purely based on what he can do when he's on, but i wouldn't be surprised if Nakrob dominates.

I wouldn't expect a title shot but beating Kongchai so emphatically is a pretty decent form-line for Hamidi, surely? Kompet never looked like stopping him over 6 rounds.
In my opinion a decision win(with no shenanigans) is a much better indicator of a fighter being better than another than a KO win. For example a fighter who will lose 100/100 decisions to Panpayak can still KO him.

Btw guys I forgot to ask, what did you think of the Tawanchai - Jo decision? It seemed okay to me but the crowd was clearly pissed. It was like a gamblers revolt even though there isnt actually gambling in the stadium. I guess they all had bets online. Kinda understandable, Jo must have been a big underdog but made the match close.

Btw guys I forgot to ask, what did you think of the Tawanchai - Jo decision? It seemed okay to me but the crowd was clearly pissed. It was like a gamblers revolt even though there isnt actually gambling in the stadium. I guess they all had bets online. Kinda understandable, Jo must have been a big underdog but made the match close.
I think Tawanchai won 3-2 and personally don’t understand all this robbery talk. I don’t like the idea to wait till november for a third fight between them.

You never know which Khalilov is gonna show up so he's hard to predict. I'll go Khaliliov purely based on what he can do when he's on, but i wouldn't be surprised if Nakrob dominates.

I rewatched a load of Nakrob fights last night and it kindof confirmed what I thought, it seems to me Nakrob is stronger than Khalilov in every aspect but boxing/ one-punch power (and it's not as though Nakrob is without power he has hurt people plenty with his hands), his kicking game is clearly better and he's better with the clinchwork.

I haven't been following MT nearly as long as boxing so the tactical and strategic elements don't come as naturally to me but it seems to me Nakrob would do well to push the pace but from mid-long range, definitely kick the shit out of his legs and body and arms to negate Khalilov's power and try to throw punches off the kicks, always exit back to long range from the punches, don't get into exchanges with the hands and basically try to grind Khalilov; he is better off transitioning into the clinch from mid range than his usual tactic of throwing a lot of power punches from there . I don't see Nakrob using the teep much but i think that should be a good tactic for him.. i definitely think he needs to alter his usual tactics a little bit given Khalilov's proven power, stopping Chorfah with a one-hitter is no joke.

I love this fight I can't wait

In my opinion a decision win(with no shenanigans) is a much better indicator of a fighter being better than another than a KO win. For example a fighter who will lose 100/100 decisions to Panpayak can still KO him.

Okay but those hands he showed when he had Kongchai hurt should speak for themselves. He must have landed 8-10 shots and missed almost none, he was hitting Kongchai like a speedbag mixing the hooks and the beautiful uppercut through the guard, it was quality stuff, the dude can clearly fight a bit.

Again, nobody is saying title shot but beating Kongchai like that gives an idea of his level

Just rewatched Tawanchai vs Smokin' GOAT... still 3-2 Tawanchai. Not sure how anyone can think it's a robbery unless you're biased.

Leite Silva... why is he called Milk Silva?

Back