Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

It would have been closer if Horiguchi wasn't kicked in the nuts twice though. Tenshin should also have got a point deduction.

What's it with kickboxing stars kicking mma star in the nuts lol the same thing happened when Kid fought Masato.

I hope Horiguchi focused on mma from now. Rizin should create a NYE four-man tournament for Tenshin.
I didn't see the fight but I have noticed a lot of MMA guys in Kickboxing when fearful of the low kick turning their body and putting themselves in a posision to get kicked in the nuts.

Kinda went as expected, Horiguchi gave him some trouble with his in and out style but Tenshin eventually figured him out. If it went to a 4th I think Tenshin would have got the ko.
Don't think Tenshin figured Horiguchi out, he was still getting tagged by Kyoji near the end of the 3rd round. More like Kyoji got sloppy b/c he got kinda wobbled by that spinning heel kick. But I agree that 4th round would have been dangerous for Horiguchi, because he would have cobwebs. Honestly I feel like its hard to replicate Kyoji's striking style in your training camp because it is so unique. You can bring in a karate guy and practice dealing with in and out movements, but he won't have the same technical striking and head movement. On the other hand, you won't have the in and out and blitz if you practice with a kickboxer. If they ever have a kickboxing rematch however, I'd bet Tenshin and his dad would be better prepared.

Do you guys think Tenshin Nasukawa could take out Jon Jones? Yeah, there's a big size discrepancy, but Tenshin has the speed on his side.

Taiga looked terrible. Winging power shots, no composure, no feints, no setups. Tenshin dissects him, I'm not even interested in that fight, even if it would be a big name on Tenshin's resume.

Taiga looked terrible. Winging power shots, no composure, no feints, no setups. Tenshin dissects him, I'm not even interested in that fight, even if it would be a big name on Tenshin's resume.

From the moment the fight began i knew Taiga was gonna have trouble. The greenhaired dude was taller and longer and Taiga was going to have a hard time closing the distance and it showed with the leaping shots. I thought he loss the fight but the judges gifted him since Rizin had been spending so much $$ promoting him.

I didn't see the fight but I have noticed a lot of MMA guys in Kickboxing when fearful of the low kick turning their body and putting themselves in a posision to get kicked in the nuts.
Kyoji didn't shin block anything at all b/c karate.

Watching the fight now, I don't think he won any rounds at all unless you give Tenshin the point deduction for the low blows. He refused to engage a lot and mostly potshotted with not a whole lot of power. Think he didn't want to have anything to do with Tenshin's low kicks after eating a few in Rd 1.

Getting saenchai kicked and domowashi'd isn't good at all...

Kyoji didn't shin block anything at all b/c karate.

Watching the fight now, I don't think he won any rounds at all unless you give Tenshin the point deduction for the low blows. He refused to engage a lot and mostly potshotted with not a whole lot of power. Think he didn't want to have anything to do with Tenshin's low kicks after eating a few in Rd 1.

Getting saenchai kicked and domowashi'd isn't good at all...

I watched the fight after I read all the comments and I think people overstated how well Kyoji did because everyone thought he'd get smoked in the first round. People were saying he won round 1 when he landed like 2 punches after eating a number of powerful kicks on the guard and one that glanced off his head.

Horiguchi definitely won the first round, landed a salvo of clean head punches throughout the round whereas all Tenshin landed were glancing kicks
Tenshin took a while to find his left hand, didn't really come into play until r3, until then, most of his offense was fairly ineffectual, Horiguchi was too good at feinting him out and closing distance, and also had a handspeed advantage, especially early

Horiguchi landed 3 punches in the first round, Tenshin landed about 8-10 kicks on the guard and legs. One of them grazed Kyoji's head. I had it a draw, maybe an edge to Tenshin. Tenshin won the next 2 rounds clearly.

Horiguchi landed 3 punches in the first round, Tenshin landed about 8-10 kicks on the guard and legs. One of them grazed Kyoji's head. I had it a draw, maybe an edge to Tenshin. Tenshin won the next 2 rounds clearly.
I score cleanly impactful offense over skidding/guarded offense. I agree Tenshin won the next two rounds clearly and would've almost certainly finished Horiguchi if it went to an extension round.

I think Tenshin should have been given a clear point deduction for low blow.

I agree that Horiguchi would have been finished in the extra round anyway though.

Some conferences about K-1 december event

Hideaki Yamazaki vs Rukiya

Takeru vs Koji

Takeru once again refused a Koji gift slapping them, he offered him a helmet not long ago and now some shit that looks like a shovel<DCrying>

Riku(Rukiya younger brother) vs Asahisa Taio(pretty good fighter, 4-1 in his last Krush fights

---------------------------------------------------

november card:

https://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1wgp/schedule/16479/

December card:

https://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1wgp/schedule/16480/

Read somewhere(probably from Karaevfan) that Kaew said that if he didnt win this tournament he is going to retire :eek:

Read somewhere(probably from Karaevfan) that Kaew said that if he didnt win this tournament he is going to retire :eek:
Not suprising, he had a whole Muay Thai career before even getting into the Kickboxing scene. He's been around since I've been following early 2000's.

I even have a Kaew shirt from Fairtex :cool:

Not suprising, he had a whole Muay Thai career before even getting into the Kickboxing scene. He's been around since I've been following early 2000's.
for sure, he dominated the FW division for a long time and beat every top dog in front of him,the most dominant FW of this era without a doubt

anyway i hope he wins it, he is out of his KB prime but i think he still can do it, he won tournaments way more harder than this.

Apart from Yamato and Melsik there were no good threats for him...

Daizo is fun but not on his level, Saw some fights of Sam Hill and he isnt anything special, Jun Nakazawa is on the same situation of Daizo, Soda is far from being the same guy of 2014, Mo Abdurahman didnt have chances.

Last edited:
K-1 is on right now and it is awesome with KOs coming out of no where.

How did two judges justify giving no round to Kaew? Typical K-1 judges...

Edit: dirty extra rounds, Kaew squeezed by but was clearly injured and it would be epic if he wins the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back