Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Yeah he lost against Ionut Iancu last year. He looks like Ismael Lazaar younger brother, but the guy can bang for sure.
Also, I’ve never seen Sam Tevette go out the way he did against Lătescu. Tevette isn’t high-level or something, but still, it was a scary scene.
And yeah Sattari is relatively untested but it looks like he can fight. Interesting fight imo
Latescu is definitely scary. He only has the left hook from Ghita, he is at a completely different level of technique like many other young Romanians who come from behind. We see currently that in Romania sluggers are still competitive only if they have some technique and have a very high level of toughness.

I understood that the gym from which he originates, it created several sluggers like Morosanu, but this boy comes from boxing and if he doesn't completely change his style, I suspect he will be an out-boxer as well. A perfect light-heavyweight, but come on, I also want to see him in terms of versatility with various styles of opponents. And fighting at +100 kilograms as before, it's a mistake for this boy. Khbabez and Mahieddine understood this after taking some "physical" beatings.

Sattari is ok, he just met a very good opponent.

Last edited:
Furthermore, a boxer-puncher will not fight in retreat if he can knock out his opponent. And as far as I can see, Latescu has techniques for launching some hooks not found in kickboxing. I'll show you if I have time what I saw in the match with Tevette, which I watched for the first time today.

Latescu not only connects incredibly, but hits incredibly strong and underrated. The only thing I want to see about him is if he has really perfected himself in terms of physical preparation, and how he will show when he has to become a little more versatile again against a high, high level opponent.

Latescu is definitely scary. He only has the left hook from Ghita, he is at a completely different level of technique like many other young Romanians who come from behind. We see currently that in Romania sluggers are still competitive only if they have some technique and have a very high level of toughness.

I understood that the gym from which he originates, it created several sluggers like Morosanu, but this boy comes from boxing and if he doesn't completely change his style, I suspect he will be an out-boxer as well. A perfect light-heavyweight, but come on, I also want to see him in terms of versatility with various styles of opponents. And fighting at +100 kilograms as before, it's a mistake for this boy. Khbabez and Mahieddine understood this after taking some "physical" beatings.

Furthermore, a boxer-puncher will not fight in retreat if he can knock out his opponent. And as far as I can see, Latescu has techniques for launching some hooks not found in kickboxing. I'll show you if I have time what I saw in the match with Tevette, which I watched for the first time today.

Latescu not only connects incredibly, but hits incredibly strong and underrated. The only thing I want to see about him is if he has really perfected himself in terms of physical preparation, and how he will show when he has to become a little more versatile again against a high, high level opponent.
Yeah I’m curious how he’ll develop his game, Lătescu looks a legit prospect considering his age. We’ll see man

Also, you look familiar man! Remind me of one of my old friends;)
Anyway, welcome to Sherdog

Well well well, what do we have here?
@Snubnoze707

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/95666-road-to-one-japan-bom-37

BOM holding a Road to ONE as the first part of the card. Shame Nadaka won't be part of the Road to ONE section but ONE doesn't have a 50-53kg division for him to crush everyone anyway. Though it looks like his 6ft cousin straight out of highschool Shimon Yoshinari will be part of it, we'll see.

Minoru Kimura fighting on the March KNOCK OUT card.

Glad to see him sticking with kickboxing rather than switching to boxing, he is one of my favorites. I'm reading that he wants to compete under "red" rules" (elbows allowed) and is asking for Chihiro Suzuki for an opponent - a bit of a weight difference there. He also wants to do some mma.

Glad to see him sticking with kickboxing rather than switching to boxing, he is one of my favorites. I'm reading that he wants to compete under "red" rules" (elbows allowed) and is asking for Chihiro Suzuki for an opponent - a bit of a weight difference there. He also wants to do some mma.

There's gonna be a few thais on the card too so he might be against one of them.

Just announced - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_in_K-1

- Jomthong is fighting Hiromi Wajima for his belt.
- Kompetch who defeated Masashi Kumura recently and is due to fight Prajanchai next week in ONE, is fighting Akihiro Kaneko for his belt.
- Yuki Yoza is fighting Taio Asahisa for his belt, Yoza beat Asahisa last year in a non-title fight.
- Jordan Pikeur also on the card.

Just announced - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_in_K-1

- Jomthong is fighting Hiromi Wajima for his belt.
- Kompetch who defeated Masashi Kumura recently and is due to fight Prajanchai next week in ONE, is fighting Akihiro Kaneko for his belt.
- Yuki Yoza is fighting Taio Asahisa for his belt, Yoza beat Asahisa last year in a non-title fight.
- Jordan Pikeur also on the card.

Noiri vs Askerov, Gunji vs View, and a bunch of other fights added.

37954_image_o.jpg

https://www.k-1.co.jp/news/37954/

Back