Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

RISE and SHOOTBOXING co-promoting RISE World Series in December, with Kaito, Kento, Hiroki Kasahara and Kosei Yamada all competing. Kaito and Kento have asked for opponents from Glory.

Mahmoud Sattari takes on Ștefan Lătescu Decemmer 3rd.
Interesting matchup

How y’all think this fight will go?

Hard to say honestly. Sattari has only fought bar-brawlers for the most part, and i watched Latescu get bashed by a blob of a human last year.

I'd go with Sattari by KO in round 2.

Hard to say honestly. Sattari has only fought bar-brawlers for the most part, and i watched Latescu get bashed by a blob of a human last year.

I'd go with Sattari by KO in round 2.
Yeah he lost against Ionut Iancu last year. He looks like Ismael Lazaar younger brother, but the guy can bang for sure.
Also, I’ve never seen Sam Tevette go out the way he did against Lătescu. Tevette isn’t high-level or something, but still, it was a scary scene.
And yeah Sattari is relatively untested but it looks like he can fight. Interesting fight imo

Yeah he lost against Ionut Iancu last year. He looks like Ismael Lazaar younger brother, but the guy can bang for sure.
Also, I’ve never seen Sam Tevette go out the way he did against Lătescu. Tevette isn’t high-level or something, but still, it was a scary scene.
And yeah Sattari is relatively untested but it looks like he can fight. Interesting fight imo

Well Sattari got finished, no really surprised considering he's never faced anyone of note.

Gotta back Issei Ishii to win it all as i've been following him for a long time.

Issei Ishii vs Toma Kuroda in the final.

EDIT - Toma Kuroda won in the extra round

Last edited:
Apparently Sina Karimian tried to get into GLORY, via Kakutougi forum:

“Apparently Karimian was looking to get into Glory during his time at Mike's Gym. They offered him to fight in Rivals and he rudely declined LOL. I respect Sina's wish to test himself, but he's completely delusional about his skillset and Glory wouldn't be a fun experience for him.”

Back