Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

I haven't checked it out yet but I immagine the English commentary is done well after the event not live in a recording studio (like the early PrideFC events) so you won't be able to have the same level of enthusiasm.

it's worse than that - they actually said "fuck it" and stopped talking at all in the extra round.

I really don't need the English commentary, I'm just glad they have fights up with English titles for the fighters names. Was always a pain trying to watch a tournament and using a translator.

Look at you guys trying to out-hipster each other about preferring the original Japanese commentary, lol. Even if the English isn't as spontaneous or exciting I'm glad it's an option. It's mind-numbing listening to hours of unintelligible commentary even if the fights are good.

Look at you guys trying to out-hipster each other about preferring the original Japanese commentary, lol. Even if the English isn't as spontaneous or exciting I'm glad it's an option. It's mind-numbing listening to hours of unintelligible commentary even if the fights are good.
Granted, I loved when Schiavello was doing K-1 commentary. Mike Kogan not so much. I just grew up watching a lot of stuff in Japanese so even tho I don't understand it I can gather what they are saying by their reactions.

Be glad we aren't forced to watch a Japanese broadcast dubbed over in Korean from a 14 part .rar file downloaded off Megaupload like we had to in the good ol days.

Rise promotional/backstage videos are really well done

I don't understand shit but there seem to be a story line. Unlike Glory's promotional videos that just seem like a collection of random video clips.

I don't understand shit but there seem to be a story line. Unlike Glory's promotional videos that just seem like a collection of random video clips.
yeah its much more in the style of RIZIN Confessions, there's quite a lot more effort put into it

Whether it's Thai or Japanese or clueless English commentary I mute it and listen to something else. so it's not about being hipster it's about watching fights for what they are. the english commentary added literally nothing to me. if they had Coca and tjwagon doing commentary then it would be something else.

no its mind numbing listening to guys who have no clue what they are talking about. They can't even accurately describe what is happening in front of them. Also it is apparently to much to ask to have them be familiar with the fighters.

Krush main event result

China wins the series 4-3

Last edited:
Krush main event result

China wins the series 4-3

can't find this on Chinese QIY or on the K-1 Channel on Youtube yet... Hope they upload it somewhere soon. I heard in the Warman podcast that was a fun event.

can't find this on Chinese QIY or on the K-1 Channel on Youtube yet... Hope they upload it somewhere soon. I heard in the Warman podcast that was a fun event.

It's all on K-1 channel.

First fight of the card (it's part of a playlist)

RISE 55kg champion Masahiko Suzuki vs 53kg champion Toki Tamaru

fighting at a catchweight on the Sep 16 World Series Final card

Taiju vs Genji. Who you guys got? My heart says Genji but head says Taiju. Although I was really impressed with Taiju's fight against Seksan.

Taiju. Genji didn't look particularly impressive his last fight and I also thought he lost. Shiratori on the other hand, looked quite good. Either way, should be a good one.

Back