Recent fights/results/news from China

Legend has been around a while in china.I remember shows back in 2012. Simon marcus,buakaw,yodsanklai,zambidis have all fought for them. They have used a series of different names for the events but legend is always in the title. They went by hero of legends for a while then went to hero legends if i remember right. I believe they started years ago by doing sanda vs muaythai events and then turned into a kb promotion with government support

Yup. In fact I think they might have had an event last week, and today, then next week and the week after that. We get to hear 0 about these events unless there happens to be a foreign name on the cards.

Them and this Legend of Emei for example aren't the only ones either. Blows not really knowing whats around.

So...much...kickboxing...in...China.

edit: Card for all you that read Chinese.
5G5RF8vl.jpg

Last edited:
Morality card, people trying to justify cheating by poison in Thailand because it's not nationalistic. People trying to justify cheating in Japan. But when China gives a slightly biased decision it causes more outrage.

I'm not talking about Petrosyan anymore, just poisoning of fighters in Thailand in general.
Who is justifying poisoning fighters? Who is justifying Masato favoritism? The fuck? There has certainly been more outrage on those subjects than Chinese decisions in this forum over the years.

You're acting like China is being singled out, getting defensive and pointing fingers elsewhere. We are in the China thread. Thats why it's being brought up, agree or not.

Legend has been around a while in china.I remember shows back in 2012. Simon marcus,buakaw,yodsanklai,zambidis have all fought for them. They have used a series of different names for the events but legend is always in the title. They went by hero of legends for a while then went to hero legends if i remember right. I believe they started years ago by doing sanda vs muaythai events and then turned into a kb promotion with government support
I think Yod has fought for them a few times the time right after he lost Shirasu, a fight back in '10, and another time where he fought against two opponent like Saenchai vs Petchboochu / Sagetdao just no where near as competitive.

so it's confirmed petrosyan is going to fight for hero legend vs an internationally known asian fighter "someone giorgio's fans are very keen of" .
must be a thai they are the only asians known to the italian audience.

Could be big news. Sitthichai or Yod definitely could give him a run for his money. And for me personally long awaited match up.

Could be big news. Sitthichai or Yod definitely could give him a run for his money. And for me personally long awaited match up.

only names that come to mind right now.
yod has a fight august 8th if i'm not mistaken so he could be available.

Wish I knew Chinese. There's an event live right now and can't even know what or where it is.

China will rule the kickboxing world in the upcoming years just because of the sheer volume of fighters and events they have.

There was a live stream for one.
Poster with todays date and the little text it had the same date.
Just no other text that made any sense or a recognizable logo of a promotion or anything useful.

A Thai and a Surinamese fighter are invited to join the Kunlun 70kg tournament among the last 16. Who could they be?!?!

So went and put the tournament field into writing:

1. Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong (Thailand)
2. Zheng Zhaoyu (China)
3. Amansio Paraschiv (Romania)
4. Wu Xuesong (China)
5. Zhang Chunyu (China)
6. Marat Grigorian (Belgium)
7. Kong Lingfeng (China)
8. Chingiz Allazov (Belarus)
9. Superball Banchamek (Thailand)
10. David Calvo (Spain)
11. Enriko Gogokhia (Russia)
12. Jonay Risco (Spain)
13. Dzhabar Askerov (Russia)/Enrico Kehl (Germany)/Liu Mingzhi (China)/Landon Simmons (United States)
14. TBA (Suriname)
15. TBA (Thailand)
16. Dzianis Zuev (Belarus) - Kunlun Fight 2014 Champion

Should match the faces from:
3EEVBxn.jpg

Didn't double check anything so if you see any mistakes please correct me.

Last edited:
Pretty amazing tournament when you actually think of it.

Add lets say Ristie and Yodsanklai to that as the invitees and...yea.

Tengnueng would be a great choice for the Thai. He's perfect for kickboxing.

thanks for writing them down!amazing indeed.

Back