• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reasons why Pereira vs Jiri 2 is a bad matchup

You cannot deny that @Corrado Soprano has a point here, not about jiri not deserving the title shot, but when you let fighters like bo nickal have card slots he doesn't deserve, this kind of rhetoric gets to exist. you can say it's context all you want, but it is true that he opened a card for bo nickal (who is a nobody)
This is retarded. You're better than this.

I don't know what it is with you guys - A fighter is too inactive, a fighter is too active. Always something to complain about.

Calls it the most stacked card ever yet Bo vs a random makes the main card over Jiri. Your posts are soul crushingly bad.

Stop being a retard. You were there. You have more posts complaining about it than anyone.

Bo fighting on the main card over Jiri-Rakic was shameful.
Bo Nickels on the main card over Jiri-Rakic is a legitimate compliant.
The Jiri fight being on the prelims instead of Bo Nickels was shameful
I will never forgive the UFC for putting Bo Nickels on the main card of UFC 300 over Jiri & Rakic. I strongly considered writing a strongly worded letter to UFC management.

What a dumbass.

Everyone has been praising Alex-Jiri 2 getting made and there are some great things about this fight but I like to look at all perspectives. Lets look at the negative aspects of Alex-Jiri 2.

-This is another recycled rematch we’ve already seen. What happened to fresh matchmaking?

-Will almost guaranteed be worse than the first fight.

-Short notice fights are usually duds (there are exceptions).

-This matchup is not as exciting as Conor returning.

-Pereira & Jiri are good guys of the sport and one has to lose which stinks.

-Jiri was on the prelims his last fight, he’s not ready for a main event bout for the belt.

-The fans who paid money for tickets and made travel arrangements to Vegas got shafted (especially Irish fans)

-Too much Pereira lately. The UFC needs to market other fighters.

-Both men don’t have enough time to train.

-Pereira’s constant activity could lead to burnout.
Holy fuck man, I don't post a lot on this place, but that's a stinker :)

Specifically, could you tell me why someone who hasn't won a relevant fight in 8 years is more exciting than this? I love Eddie Alvarez n Cowboy -- don't get me wrong, but that shit was 4 and 8 years ago......

"Too much of this guy"

Sure... fuck him for trying to save a card and make fans happy.

Not to mention gigantic balls for steppin up on short notice? Maybe I'm way off fuckin base on that logic.....

Everyone has been praising Alex-Jiri 2 getting made and there are some great things about this fight but I like to look at all perspectives. Lets look at the negative aspects of Alex-Jiri 2.

-This is another recycled rematch we’ve already seen. What happened to fresh matchmaking?

-Will almost guaranteed be worse than the first fight.

-Short notice fights are usually duds (there are exceptions).

-This matchup is not as exciting as Conor returning.

-Pereira & Jiri are good guys of the sport and one has to lose which stinks.

-Jiri was on the prelims his last fight, he’s not ready for a main event bout for the belt.

-The fans who paid money for tickets and made travel arrangements to Vegas got shafted (especially Irish fans)

-Too much Pereira lately. The UFC needs to market other fighters.

-Both men don’t have enough time to train.

-Pereira’s constant activity could lead to burnout.
You lost me at it won't be "as exciting as conor returning"....I am more pumped about seeing two people that actually train for their fights and actually give a shit about mma face off than a wasted talent cokehead fighting a gold-digger that's clinging onto a abusive ex for the payday....

Last edited:
Back