Reasonable Split for Military Prep

8 counts, mountain climbers, push ups, diamond push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, holding 6 inches, pretty much a shit ton of ab workouts, body weight squats, jumpin jacks, run, run, run, run

Thanks gents.

Prior to starting strength stuff, I had about ~12 months of GPP-only training - Ross Training, CF, Stew Smith - so GPP was my strong point. Strength simply became such a setback that it was necessary for me to neglect conditioning to improve it. Prior, I did Stew's "12 Weeks to BUD/S", for a while, albeit with some adjustments to make it more suitable for my line of work. I don't think it'll take long to get back to good cardio performance. Great cardio performance could take longer. :D

I'll definitely work out a new plan. The idea of adding a lift or two before a GPP session is good. I'll think about this for a day, probably make up something tonight and get to work tomorrow. It may be as simple as what I basically had before:

1: Squat / Bench Press. + GPP. (ICT from Ross Training)
2: LSD + calisthenics.
3: Overhead Press /Deadlift. Then GPP - (EIT)
4: Ruck + calisthenics
5. Rest.

I don't see a lot wrong with this. I have a lot of material to pick workouts from - Some Stew Smith, some Crossfit, Some Ross Training, some Rippetoe - I suppose I should be able to cover the bases.

I'd like as near a 300 APFT as possible. Be able to ruck ~10-15 miles with a sub-15 min/mile pace. Be able to run 7 minute miles for upwards of 8-10 miles.

So I reckon I oughta get to work as soon as possible.

And yes, I have an ALICE Pack/LBE/jungles. Although the jungles are being phasing out, no longer going to be authorized. :mad:

"Train as you fight" Understood.

-D

Thanks gents.

Prior to starting strength stuff, I had about ~12 months of GPP-only training - Ross Training, CF, Stew Smith - so GPP was my strong point. Strength simply became such a setback that it was necessary for me to neglect conditioning to improve it. Prior, I did Stew's "12 Weeks to BUD/S", for a while, albeit with some adjustments to make it more suitable for my line of work. I don't think it'll take long to get back to good cardio performance. Great cardio performance could take longer. :D

I'll definitely work out a new plan. The idea of adding a lift or two before a GPP session is good. I'll think about this for a day, probably make up something tonight and get to work tomorrow. It may be as simple as what I basically had before:

1: Squat / Bench Press. + GPP. (ICT from Ross Training)
2: LSD + calisthenics.
3: Overhead Press /Deadlift. Then GPP - (EIT)
4: Ruck + calisthenics
5. Rest.

I don't see a lot wrong with this. I have a lot of material to pick workouts from - Some Stew Smith, some Crossfit, Some Ross Training, some Rippetoe - I suppose I should be able to cover the bases.

I'd like as near a 300 APFT as possible. Be able to ruck ~10-15 miles with a sub-15 min/mile pace. Be able to run 7 minute miles for upwards of 8-10 miles.

So I reckon I oughta get to work as soon as possible.

And yes, I have an ALICE Pack/LBE/jungles. Although the jungles are being phasing out, no longer going to be authorized. :mad:

"Train as you fight" Understood.

-D

Dude, that shouldn't be hard honestly. Do you know exactly what it takes to get a 300? I can call my brother and ask if not. I know in the Marines all it took was 20 pull-ups, 100 sit-ups, and an 18-minute three-mile run. I never could get that stupid run under 18:20, but always maxed on the pull-ups and sit-ups.

Also, if the Jungle boots are being phased out, I'd suggest being a step ahead and don't train with them now. Get some combat boots or whatever they're going to. (I still have a pair of the old-style combat boots I rarely wear, lol)

Shoot higher than what's expected of you and graduate with honors!:icon_chee

It's the push-ups that kill me. Everything else, not a huge concern.

And yes, I have every push-up program around - GTG, Density, Pavel, "100 push-ups" in 12 weeks, etc. I just need to do more of them..

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, I think it's Desert Combat Boots now. I'll have to check the list.

I should add 20 pull-ups to the list. I was at 17 or so before starting my strength cycle, so that shouldn't be terribly hard.

ANYWAYS. I'll test this program out for a while, see if I make progress.

Thanks again. Appreciate the insight. Sorry for taking up your time.

Regards,
- D

Not a problem, it's a good time killer. Best of luck

Back