Reason Why Belts Get Passed Around

drom141

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. Compared to professional boxing, pro KB, etc, the striking level of mama is pretty low (and I know, mma striking is different). All it takes is one good striker, like JJ or Wonderboy, to stop a TD and that's the end of it. I believe that mma fighters should concentrate more on their footwork and putting their hands back in place after every punch. What do you guys think?

I completely agree. A superior striker who can master takedown defense, and has adequate grappling can be very hard to beat.

They would he even more dominant if knees to the head were allowed, kindey kicks, 12-6 elbows, (good chance those could be legal eventually to). Let alone if soccer kicks and stomps (see Cro Cop, shogun, wanderlei silva, Igors dominance). But I doubt we will ever see stomps, or soccer kicks.

Imagine how much more dominant Anderson Silva would of been if he could of used upkicks, knees to heads, soccer kicks, 12-6 elbows, and kidney kicks in guard. I can't remember how many times Anderson had a chance to KTFO out of a grappler who failed in his sprawl or ended up on bottom of Anderson. Or how many times Anderson had the chance to kick someone in the face from guard.

And imagine if something like yellow cards were implemented. Would prevent a lot of stalling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree MMA striking is not great and it effects fights, but I do not think that is thee reason why belts move at their pace.

Makes sense. The less skill involved = more randomness

this isn't boxing. The Champ is fighting top ranked guy/women every fight and in MMA anything is possible

It's the same reason that teams don't win 10 straight titles or go undefeated in other sports often. At the top level, most guys are pretty close. Very rarely does one fighter stand out as way better than the rest like Jon Jones does.

I think it's improved competition in the ranks. Not such a great differential in talent from champ to contenders. Of course, striking is part of it.

It's the same reason that teams don't win 10 straight titles or go undefeated in other sports often.

True, if some club could have done it... It would be this one
<<<<<<<<

Well that and small gloves. Mostly small gloves. It's called MMA for a reason. You have to be well rounded. Obviously someone who is just boxing is going to be really good at that. Easier to be good at one part of fighting. Doesn't mean they aren't good they just have to work on so many different aspects of fighting other than striking

Or maybe TOP 5 competition is really close and mma gloves are really small

Bribing and fight fixing by underground mafias

In past 6-7 months, How many champions got knocked out in the first round,again? All coincidence...

67c3f8115496ad9efa1f163dabb559da.jpg

it is passed around so ufc has more "former champions" on its cards. seems like it to me at least.

Superior striking (really high level) is far more valuable in mma if the fighter can develop good grappling/takedown defense. Than say superior grappling.

Look at Anderson even in his decline people are scared of actually really striking with him.

it is clearly because the belts are dirty little whores with no morals or class and want to be passed around from fighter to fighter. belts have no loyalty and will leave its long standing lover in a heartbeat given the chance.

even the lesbian belts in wmma love to jump around.

belts dont discriminate, they like people from all walks of life and all parts of the world.

Last edited:
I completely agree. A superior striker who can master takedown defense, and has adequate grappling can be very hard to beat.

They would he even more dominant if knees to the head were allowed, kindey kicks, 12-6 elbows, and knees to the head. Let alone if soccer kicks and stomps (see Cro Cop, shogun, wanderlei silva, Igors dominance).

Imagine how much more dominant Anderson Silva would of been if he could of used upkicks, knees to heads, soccer kicks, 12-6 elbows, and kidney kicks in guard.

And imagine if something like yellow cards were implemented. Would prevent a lot of stalling.
Would love to see that list come back. Yellow cards could be 1st trial because the safety level wouldn't change.

But that wouldn't be fair to the boring ass grapplers who have nothing else to offer besides stalling a fight on the ground. Hope it comes back this week.

Styles make fights and striking in MMA can be extremely risky at times. One mistake can end a fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back