Reason Why Belts Get Passed Around

Would love to see that list come back. Yellow cards could be 1st trial because the safety level wouldn't change.

But that wouldn't be fair to the boring ass grapplers who have nothing else to offer besides stalling a fight on the ground. Hope it comes back this week.

The athletic commissions may likely legalize kidney kicks, knees to the head and 12-6 elbows. I doubt soccer kicks anytime though and never stomps. I'd be happy enough with upkicks, knees and kidney kicks. They would dramatically change fights. And so would yellow cards. Someone posted proposed rule changes for 2016 and it was those changes. Hopefully upkicks follow.

Soccer kicks would be nice but they allow body kicks to downed opponents and that is at least nice.

With the recent testing. Belts would be passed along like nothing.

The athletic commissions may likely legalize kidney kicks, knees to the head and 12-6 elbows. I doubt soccer kicks anytime though and never stomps. I'd be happy enough with upkicks, knees and kidney kicks. They would dramatically change fights. And so would yellow cards. Someone posted proposed rule changes for 2016 and it was those changes. Hopefully upkicks follow.

Soccer kicks would be nice but they allow body kicks to downed opponents and that is at least nice.

If they could just throw knees to the head of a stuffed takedown, it would be a great change. Stop that pathetic repeated shooting from someone with absolutely nothing else to offer *cough Maia cough*

it is clearly because the belts are dirty little whores with no morals or class and want to be passed around from fighter to fighter. belts have no loyalty and will leave its long standing lover in a heartbeat given the chance.

even the lesbian belts in wmma love to jump around.

belts dont discriminate, they like people from all walks of life and all parts of the world.
JJ treats her right it seems... probably spoils it with fancy spit shines and whatnot

In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. What do you guys think?
I think it's because people have been getting KTFO.

If that's the case then why didn't belts change hands with the same frequency a year or two ago?

It's the same reason that teams don't win 10 straight titles or go undefeated in other sports often. At the top level, most guys are pretty close. Very rarely does one fighter stand out as way better than the rest like Jon Jones does.
In the French soccer championship, 1 team went 7 or 8 year winning the title.. It was Olympic Lyonnais... They won 7 or 8 straight championships...
In the English premiere league season 2003-2004, Arsenal won the title without losing a single match... Well, even though they should have lost to Manchester united if the blind referee did not see that Henry was offside by 10 feet when he scored the second goal... they went of doing 2-2

In the French soccer championship, 1 team went 7 or 8 year winning the title.. It was Olympic Lyonnais... They won 7 or 8 straight championships...
In the English premiere league season 2003-2004, Arsenal won the title without losing a single match... Well, even though they should have lost to Manchester united if the blind referee did not see that Henry was offside by 10 feet when he scored the second goal... they went of doing 2-2

Yea. And The Bulls won 3 titles twice. And Anderson Silva was undefeated for like ever. GSP reeled off 10 title defenses or whatever. Jon Jones still hasn't been beaten.

Citing the exceptions doesn't make them the rule.

Robbie Lawler is a much better striker than Woodley, though.

He would beat his ass in a pure kickboxing match.

The only reason Woodley was able to get that KO was the threat of a takedown.

Very similar to Randleman/CroCop.

UxU0T0C.gif

If they could just throw knees to the head of a stuffed takedown, it would be a great change. Stop that pathetic repeated shooting from someone with absolutely nothing else to offer *cough Maia cough*

Well upkicks also really help to and so do kidney kicks in guard. Kidney kicks don't end fights but they hurt bad and make you have to be more aware when on the ground or in general. A ton of kidney kicks like Royce Gracie used to do will make sure nobody is just chilling in your guard. It makes top position in guard no longer such a risk free position. It is bullshit that upkicks aren't allowed while elbows are. It should be either upkicks, knees to head, kidney kicks, and elbows or none of those things.

Elbows currently being allowed without allowing upkicks, knees to head, kindey kicks, disproportionately favors grapplers and lay and pray fights and stalling.

JJ treats her right it seems... probably spoils it with fancy spit shines and whatnot
or she is clearly bullying her belt behind the scenes in secrecy, similar to as she did towards claudia with the cameras rolling on tuf.

her belt has stockholm sydrome.

There's grappling involved.

Plus the UFC is bringing in fighters from other promotions and It mixes things up.

Yea. And The Bulls won 3 titles twice. And Anderson Silva was undefeated for like ever. GSP reeled off 10 title defenses or whatever. Jon Jones still hasn't been beaten.

Citing the exceptions doesn't make them the rule.
Read the quoted text and you will understand... 3 title twice... Try harder, the Bulls won 3 titles twice, Team usa won tremendous Olympic basketball tournament, from 1992 to 2003 Manchester united won 8 premiere league title, Paris St Germain keep winning the french soccer tournament since they got bought by the Qataris... Point is, dominent champion is not an exception... There will always be some

The champion should never be KOd by one punch like that.

Very disappointing state of affairs

In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. Compared to professional boxing, pro KB, etc, the striking level of mama is pretty low (and I know, mma striking is different). All it takes is one good striker, like JJ or Wonderboy, to stop a TD and that's the end of it. I believe that mma fighters should concentrate more on their footwork and putting their hands back in place after every punch. What do you guys think?
Lots of boxers have gotten their asses beaten in MMA. Most boxers are scared to even attempt at pro MMA because their ego couldn't handle losing a standup exchange.

Point is, dominent champion is not an exception... There will always be some

Yea, some. Just like there are some in MMA sometimes. Your point would only make sense if MMA never had dominant, long reigning champions before.

In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. Compared to professional boxing, pro KB, etc, the striking level of mama is pretty low (and I know, mma striking is different). All it takes is one good striker, like JJ or Wonderboy, to stop a TD and that's the end of it. I believe that mma fighters should concentrate more on their footwork and putting their hands back in place after every punch. What do you guys think?
Part of the reasons fighters start liking the smell of their own farts and start believing their own hype. As soon as you do that, you're in for a rude awakening.

the reason belts get passed around is because better [sometimes lucky] fighters have to take over. it may not be kept for long but still..

i guess i'm saying it is a combination of many things - preparation, conditioning, luck, mentality, etc..

i may be overthinking this, but i think the belts get passed around because winning fights is difficult.

Back