Reason Why Belts Get Passed Around

They're like chicks named Tanya, they just get passed around by a group of guys until they end up with a black guy.

if you look at all the title fight upsets this year.. its just been wild overhand rights with their eyes closed, just trying to throw will full force and if it lands the guy will get knocked out or dropped hard, doesn't matter how skilled they are. anyone can beat anyone in UFC. if the LW champ for instance thought the top 30 LW's in UFC I would expect him to win 15 and lose 15. anyone who shows up on the night can win. its a fight and thats all it is.. people make it out to be something complex when its not.

yes, mixed martial artists withs with good tdd defense and good striking win fights. it also helps if they are good grapplers too. turns out being good at multiple martial arts makes you good at mixed martial arts.

If they could just throw knees to the head of a stuffed takedown, it would be a great change. Stop that pathetic repeated shooting from someone with absolutely nothing else to offer *cough Maia cough*

Though knees to the head would help wrestlers more than hurt them . Guys like GSP with a 80% success rate at takedowns against none wrestlers - if they could use knees to the head (from north-south or even side control) would end up with a lot of TKO's or even KO's. And if we're opening up rules, allow head butts. Very effective from on top on the ground, or the person holding the other guy against the wall. A lot of lay and pray or wall and stall would end up being KO's or TKO's from the guy now holding - they're in position to use head butts very effectively. Lots of cuts too, make for a lot of blood, which is probably the main reason knees to the head and head butts aren't allowed - they'd likely get MMA banned in most places.

Its interesting that people think knees to the head would hurt wrestlers, whereas its actually wrestlers who want knees to the head (and head butts) because it'd be in their favor more often than against.

Upkicks on the other hand would help the person on their back more, though against a tight top position (the classic lay and pray) they don't even come into the picture because of lack of space. They'd change the nature of ground and pound though - allowing upkicks and head butts and knees to the head of grounded opponents would definitely change things, tho overall wrestlers would benefit.

That has nothing to do with it.

Give boxing and kibckboxing MMA gloves and they will KO each other left and right too.

When Tyson was in jail his belts were getting passed around like hot potatoes too, the reason is that the real champions isnt fighting, gsp,cain and etc

In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. Compared to professional boxing, pro KB, etc, the striking level of mama is pretty low (and I know, mma striking is different). All it takes is one good striker, like JJ or Wonderboy, to stop a TD and that's the end of it. I believe that mma fighters should concentrate more on their footwork and putting their hands back in place after every punch. What do you guys think?

Let me tell you why the belt gets passed around. It's because......

In my opinion, the reason why belts have been getting passed around is because MMA striking is not the best. Compared to professional boxing, pro KB, etc, the striking level of mama is pretty low (and I know, mma striking is different). All it takes is one good striker, like JJ or Wonderboy, to stop a TD and that's the end of it. I believe that mma fighters should concentrate more on their footwork and putting their hands back in place after every punch. What do you guys think?

Weak as fuck divisions....oh wait, do we only do this for women's 135???

:eek:

tired of hearing this.
mma is a different sport go wrestle buddeh then get back to me

I could be completely wrong on this but hear me out...

The reason gets passed around is because the champion LOSES to the challenger.
Flame away!

Also 4 oz gloves. You can't really make a mistake in mma striking (a lot do). In boxing, you can block better with huge gloves and take a punch a bit better when u do get caught.

It's not the sloppy striking per se.

It's the rules: Small gloves & no count on down.

This isn't boxing where the fighters are babied after they get knocked down. In MMA when you get downed you're in deep shit. Can end the fight right there. MMA is a far less.forgiving sport than boxing. Imagine of Boxing were like MMA, Pacquiao would have smashed Marquez in their first fight. He didn't because it's boxing. Getting KTFO doesn't mean an instant loss.

The other thing is the level of competition. In MMA the UFC generally has the top fighters duking it out at all times. Not much fight padding going on. Since there's only one dominant org and the org does the matchmaking, fighters don't usually get to cherry pick their fights, especially champions (Bisping being the only real exception this year).

It's not as simple as, "MMA has sloppy striking."

Your theory is nonsensical.
You're making blanket assumptions based on recent events of this year.

Based on your theory:

Rich Franklin would never lose to Anderson Silva
Randy Couture would never lose to Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes would never lose to GSP
Frankie Edgar would still be the LW champ

It's always been that, that's why guys with good chins do better in mma. You'd be hard pressed to find a ko loss where the guy had even decent defense. Rda got rocked with his hands up but then he threw all training out the window and started reaching with his hands.

They always blame it on the takedown threat but who gives a shot about a takedown vs a knockout?

boxing and k1 have bigger gloves. allows for easier blocking. and makes a one hit ko punch harder.

Lol at "Boxers are babied when they are knocked down" and "In boxing you can block better with huge gloves."

I always get this impression that a lot of Mma fans have never handled an 8-ounce boxing glove. They are not what you're imagining.

Giving someone a count is babying them? I guess the sporting thing to do is pound their face while they are unconscious like Dan Henderson?

Giving someone a count is babying them? I guess the sporting thing to do is pound their face while they are unconscious like Dan Henderson?

Yeah. In MMA they would get pounded out (like Hendo) or tapped.

In boxing they are given a count to recover.

Yeah. Babying. I fail to see how your "argument" disproves my point.

Yeah. In MMA they would get pounded out (like Hendo) or tapped.

In boxing they are given a count to recover.

Yeah. Babying. I fail to see how your "argument" disproves my point.

Different sports have different rules. Calling the athletes in one of the most dangerous sports in the world "babied" because they are not allowed to wrestle makes you sound a bit ridiculous.

lol.gif

There are a lot of good strikers in MMA. DJ, Dodson, Dillashaw, Cruz, Johnny Eduardo, Overeem, JDS, Miocic, Masvidal, RDA, Pettis, Cowboy, Holloway, Alvarez, Yair Rodriguez, Aldo, Conor, Edgar, Swanson, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, Condit, Bisping, Belfort, Silva, etc.

There are so many different dynamics at play compared to kickboxing, boxing, and other combat sports.

And having great striking with good TDD doesn't make you unbeatable.

Back