Really Sherdog, that's news??

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So Rumble told some chick off on facebook, and that's today's top headline on Sherdog's home page??

I guess this place has a lot of fans who love the whole soap opera angle of mma, and I can expect a poster starting a thread about such a thing, but the article is actually written by some so called pro.

Is that what this place is? A paparazzi tmz of mma?

Sherdog:

1. Where every fight is boring
2. Where most fighters are still on PED's
3. Where the term "swaggerjacked" is acceptable, and that everyone who uses trash talked is trying to imitate Conor.
4. Where fighter bashing is relentlessly done by guys who can do less than 5 pushups
5. Where elbows are always too pointy
6. Where people decide whether or not a fighter should retire, or make other personal decisions about a fighter.
7. Where, for some reason, some people think Bec Rawlings is attractive
8. Where people yell at Rogan for sneezing
9. Where Dana/Lorenzo get told how to run their business
10. Where I visit almost everyday.

There was a thread about a picture of Luke Rockhold with Taylor Swift recently. I thought the Rumble thread was at least entertaining.

Welcome to the "Social Media" "Tmz" Culture where gossip and news that really is not news occupies the drones minds.

Log off - Log out and Live!

"I expected more from Sherdog" said no-one ever, apart from this guy.

Have you been sleeping under a rock for the past 60 years? Prize fighting is 50% drama and storylines. That's why guys like Mighty Mouse are practically invisible. That's why drama kings and queens like McGregor and Rousey sell PPVs, and that's why when Jon Jones returns he'll be even more of a draw.

Who watches MMA for the talent and techniques anyway? MMA is the combat equivalent of decathlon, where athletes who can do a lot of things but are far inferior to the masters in anything compete against each other to see who's the best at being mediocre at a lot of things. Couple that with the fact that MMA has what, 1/100th the talent pool of major sports globally, if you're a talent and technique purist, you wouldn't be caught dead with MMA.

Have you been sleeping under a rock for the past 60 years? Prize fighting is 50% drama and storylines. That's why guys like Mighty Mouse are practically invisible. That's why drama kings and queens like McGregor and Rousey sell PPVs, and that's why when Jon Jones returns he'll be even more of a draw.

Who watches MMA for the talent and techniques anyway? MMA is the combat equivalent of decathlon, where athletes who can do a lot of things but are far inferior to the masters in anything compete against each other to see who's the best at being mediocre at a lot of things. Couple that with the fact that MMA has what, 1/100th the talent pool of major sports globally, if you're a talent and technique purist, you wouldn't be caught dead with MMA.

To each his own I guess.

I watch mma for the talent and technique, and have zero interest in Ronda and no more interest in Conor than I do in any other top fighter, but ya I know, guys like me dont make up the majority for sure.

That said, the Rumble story was just lame, I mean seriously, that's interesting to someone? Now a bunch of self entitled, politically correct asswipes are bashing him all over social media over nothing, and the dudes that run this place are contributing.

So Rumble told some chick off on facebook, and that's today's top headline on Sherdog's home page??

I guess this place has a lot of fans who love the whole soap opera angle of mma, and I can expect a poster starting a thread about such a thing, but the article is actually written by some so called pro.

You are just not a hard core fan enough. We love all the soap opera drama here between fights, we live and breathe MMA/UFC. Go away :)

So you started a thread about to put it out there more?

It seems like every website does this sort of thing though - ESPN top healdline - someone said Eli Manningwants to be the highest paid player in the NFL. And later we find out he denies ever saying it. Hardly worth the time to post it.

I'd rather read TMZ MMA news than that though.

It's only on top because it was the latest story added. Settle down ya damn drama queen.

Yea I cant believe sherdog is paying someone to write about something so meaningless

Sherdog:

1. Where every fight is boring
2. Where most fighters are still on PED's
3. Where the term "swaggerjacked" is acceptable, and that everyone who uses trash talked is trying to imitate Conor.
4. Where fighter bashing is relentlessly done by guys who can do less than 5 pushups
5. Where elbows are always too pointy
6. Where people decide whether or not a fighter should retire, or make other personal decisions about a fighter.
7. Where, for some reason, some people think Bec Rawlings is attractive
8. Where people yell at Rogan for sneezing
9. Where Dana/Lorenzo get told how to run their business
10. Where I visit almost everyday.

This plus more birds

Content....you ate it up, and then created more content based off of it, and now I have something to do...thank you.

well i'm sure it wouldn't of been a top story had he decided to not write a dissertation on his hatred of this particular woman.

Did anyone actually read the article?

I noticed it on the front page but like most other stories, I figured there would be a thread on it and it would most likely be better.

It was.

You've been here since 06... Don't act like you haven't accepted it's stupidity.

To each his own I guess.

I watch mma for the talent and technique, and have zero interest in Ronda and no more interest in Conor than I do in any other top fighter, but ya I know, guys like me dont make up the majority for sure.

That said, the Rumble story was just lame, I mean seriously, that's interesting to someone? Now a bunch of self entitled, politically correct asswipes are bashing him all over social media over nothing, and the dudes that run this place are contributing.

The UFC is a business. And you want to know how much of that business is from "hardcores" who don't care about drama? Look no further than the buyrate of a Mighty Mouse PPV card. Hardcores are not the ones keeping the UFC afloat, they're not the ones paying the bills for the fighters, the casuals are. Are you and your 6 "hardcore buddies" going to pay the UFC out of your pockets to make up the PPV difference between a Conor and a Mighty Mouse card, so they can eliminate the drama and keep the casual crap out? No? Then who are you to complain about the UFC and its ancillaries (forums, media sites etc.) providing the majority of paying customers with what they want?

Furthermore, if you truly are a technical purist, you'd be watching amateur boxing, professional boxing, IBJJF/ADCC, Olympic wrestling, Thai kickboxing at the highest level, NOT MMA, because with a few exceptions I can count with my fingers, the skill displayed in MMA, even at the top level, are vastly inferior to masters of these singular domains. Guys like Anderson Silva would get toyed by good pro boxers. Guys like Cormier and Jones would get manhandled by Olympic champions in wrestling. And don't even give me started on the laughable talent pool and the non-existent talent scouting system in MMA. You have no argument here.

Its been slow no peds or coke accusations give it time my friend, patience

Back