Realistically speaking how far is Wonderboy from TS?

Far away.
I doubt he wins against Usman, Covington or Khamzat. He also already lost to Belal and Burns...
Basically he should just be a striking gatekeeper now: Match him again someone whose primary skill is striking and let's see how he fares

He shouldn't get a TS, just give him entertaining fights with strikers

Michel Pereira
Masvidal 2
D-Rod
maybe Jack Della Maddalena in the future

tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

Tyron-Woodley.jpg

The rest of the fight was like this

woodley-exposing-thompsons-inadequacy-to-lead-1.gif

Extremely slim chance

The only possibility is if he gets a W with another FOTY performance vs say Khamzat & is on standby as a short notice substitute for a TS or an interim title fight should something happen. Also would’t hurt if he did way more self promotion along the way.

like I said, extremely slim

1 big win in the top 10 and one big win in the top 5. I think he would be good to go.

So if he becomes champion, will he only fight challengers that are strikers? I mean i get he prefers certain matchups but thers other sports in where he wont have to worry about wrestlers and be a champion.

Is there any path to the title for Wonderboy that doesn't go through at least 1 wrestler?

I mean we've seen the ufc give Hendo a TS in his retirement fight (which should've been a draw but that's about conversation).

Would the UFC pull the boss card and give Thompson a title fight off 2 wins?

About 2-3 wrestlers away...

So whenever he fits that in ..should be it..

.striker wise...1 ..Leon Edwards

He's in the fun fights phase of his career. Barring something crazy happening, he isnt getting another shot

The only possible way I can see for him, is if someone else drops out, and he's on the same card, or he does what Masvidal did, and saves the card on 6 days notice or something like that.

Any other way you try to make it happen he has to go through at least 2 guys out of Colby, Burns, Belal, Khamzat and Leon, and he already lost to 2 of them, and there's no reason for any of the others to fight Wonderboy. Even if Leon lost the belt, he would probably fight Jorge, or Burns instead.

I don't think he even wants a title shot... so... as far as you can be.

Is there any path to the title for Wonderboy that doesn't go through at least 1 wrestler?

I mean we've seen the ufc give Hendo a TS in his retirement fight (which should've been a draw but that's about conversation).

he’s a dominant performance win over a top tier contender like Belal or Colby away from a TS… but he only wants fun winnable fights, so… unless he jumps in as a last minute replacement, I don’t see any way for him to earn a TS.

I don't think so, nor should there be, since WW is wrestler-heavy. But, hey, when has what SHOULD be ever governed title shots?

Almost none since he's lost to a couple of highly ranked grapplers and would likely have to beat them to get a TS...and he's pushing 40 and doesn't have the reflexes (which affect TDD) that he used to. I'd say his only real chance is a last minute injury in a title fight and no other contenders being able to fill in...like Al Iaquinta stepping in against Khabib. Or the truly bizarre matchmaking of Bisping fighting a 46-year old Hendo (who was on a losing streak) then GSP (4-year layoff and had never fought at MW). But I wouldn't count on either one.

If he were to get two highlight reel KO's in a row against decent competition, he'd be right there.

Danar doesn’t like Leon and WB vs Edwards would be great

Danar has done crazier shit.

Don’t act like Danar doesn’t give out random TS’s

Danar doesn’t like Leon and WB vs Edwards would be great

Danar has done crazier shit.

Don’t act like Danar doesn’t give out random TS’s
Crazier shit than giving a title shot to a 40 year old guy who was on a two fight losing skid where he got totally dominated and then gets a win against an unranked opponent? What has been crazier than that? Not saying you're wrong necessarily, but I can't come up with the occasion..

WB's path to a title shot is this:

He is on the same card as Usman vs Edwards. Usman pulls out 24 - 48 hours ahead of the fight. WB is slotted in last minute.
That's the only scenario I can think of.
I sure hope the UFC script writers see this post. That would make a great storyline.

Back