Realistically speaking how far is Wonderboy from TS?

Well...he openly wants mothing to do with wrestlers/grapplers...so never imo

Seems like he should be a loonnggg way from a title shot but Stranger Things have happened. Seems like the UFC likes Wonderboy too, so never say never LOL.

the top 5 of WW is full of hard match ups for WB so I don't really see how he could get a title shot at this point let alone win.

Crazier shit than giving a title shot to a 40 year old guy who was on a two fight losing skid where he got totally dominated and then gets a win against an unranked opponent? What has been crazier than that? Not saying you're wrong necessarily, but I can't come up with the occasion..
Two words:
Connor McGregor

He should not be in contention anymore if he is going to cherry pick opponents. Let him do fun and exciting fights.

His title run is over, he can't fight anyone that can wrestle too many people can wrestle at the top of the division. He just need exciting fights that can end his career on a high note which I don't have a problem with.

Screenshot-2020-09-18-at-11.04.27.png

jake-paul-knock-out.gif

You know this makes WB's performances against Woodley look worse, right?

6 months from never. He's not getting past any of thr grappler needed to get a TS which is a bummer because he could beat the champ.

If the division didn't have several much better options, then maybe they'd give him a fan service fight to send him off.

But with Leon holding the belt, and the rematch on the horizon and Chimaev (or Colby if Leon wins again) waiting in the wings it doesn't make much sense.

I can see them doing a Wonderboy vs Masvidal fight night or PPV co-main. That would be pretty big and kinda safe.

Only if Edwards loses title, is still ranked high and WB beats him, but then he has to beat a wrestler probably who is champ. Even then, most people know everyone else will wrestle him and beat Wonderboy. I think if you're picking fights you shouldn't get close to a title.

Likely to never happen. The guys he'd need to beat above him in ranks to get the shot all lean on their grappling except for Leon. Couple of them have even beat him lately, and i think the ones of them he hasn't fought yet he'd lose too as well. But if he did manage W's over some i'd imagine it'd take at least 2 wins, and for the path to the belt to be clear and not tied up in rematches or other more rightful contenders.

Very far. He'd get beaten easily by guys with strong ground game like Usman, Burns or Khamzat, among others

Last edited:
Is there any path to the title for Wonderboy that doesn't go through at least 1 wrestler?

I mean we've seen the ufc give Hendo a TS in his retirement fight (which should've been a draw but that's about conversation).

Would the UFC pull the boss card and give Thompson a title fight off 2 wins?

His no closer to a title shot, but kept himself relevant for some money fights.

Beating a guy not interested in even testing his obvious weakness does mean he can beat elite fights. Holland is a nice striker but his also miles away from a title shot for the same reasons.

Crazier shit than giving a title shot to a 40 year old guy who was on a two fight losing skid where he got totally dominated and then gets a win against an unranked opponent? What has been crazier than that? Not saying you're wrong necessarily, but I can't come up with the occasion..
Easy. Dan Henderson, at 46 years old and 3-6 in his prior 9 fights getting a title shot against Bisping. This was followed by GSP, who was on a 4-year layoff and had never fought at MW. Meanwhile guys like Jacare, Yoel, Whittaker, Mousasi, Weidman, etc. had to sit around.

Back