Realistically, 2003-2008 Fedor is a better fighter than Jones

Fedor would get son'd.

Fedor got KTFO by a MW.

Different eras; running head first throwing over hand rights doesn't work anymore.

Ask Shogun.

isn't the cat out of the bag at this point regarding Prides legitimacy?

Who?

Coleman got 7th in the Olympics. Your wrestling/MMath fails.

He was also far more one dimensional, and 40 years old when he fought Fedor. Even older the 2nd time.

Lindland, you dumbfuck. Not Coleman.

If only Jones had the privilege to crush coca cola and pepsi cans. Jones instead had to run through a murderers row of former champs then new challenges. His last 3 guys he fought had 1 loss, 2 losses and 0 losses. That's a rough ass road.

Colemn & Randleman were both better and more explosive wrestlers than Jones.

Fujita punched harder than Jones ever will.

Next.

Randleman faced Fedor in the middle of a 3-10 record. Coleman was in his 40's. Fujita, a wrestler himself, scored his biggest knockouts in Pride against amateur wrestlers with an 0-0 record. And James Thompson, who has been knocked out over 10 times.

Nope! Jones would wreck Fedor now and back then. Coleman gassed out like always but Jones is a better wrestler than Coleman. CC beat the hell out of him with punches and 1 form of kick and then was beaten everywhere but jones has wayyyyyy more strikes than CC ever used. So no, Fedor would get wrecked.

Fedor is GOAT imo, but jones is close already. He's not even 28 yet.

If Jones can take down an Olympic wrestler 3/5 times what do you think he would do to Fedor?

If Fedor was cut by a glancing elbow in the 1st round by a no name, how long do you think his skin would hold up against Jon Jones' barrage of Helbows?

Realistically a prime Fedor would stand next to no chance of beating someone of Jon's caliber.

Fedor beat an olympic silver medalist wrestler at his own game (and finished him)

I don't dispute that Fedor beat Lindland, or that he was the better fighter. But a flagrant rope grab and poor officiating helped.

claude has found new meaning in his life.

MMA legends call Fedor GOAT.
Sherdog posters call Jones GOAT.

If Jones can take down an Olympic wrestler 3/5 times what do you think he would do to Fedor?

If Fedor was cut by a glancing elbow in the 1st round by a no name, how long do you think his skin would hold up against Jon Jones' barrage of Helbows?

Realistically a prime Fedor would stand next to no chance of beating someone of Jon's caliber.

My thought exactly. Give bones a round of dropping elbows from top control and you'd have a scene that looks like an episode of the walking dead

Fedors striking was superior to Jones striking. Ground game is a toss up. Metal edge would also have to go to Fedor.

Oh, the middleweight Fedor cheated against? Seriously should leave that one alone.

The size difference between Jones and Cormier was greater than Fedor-Lindland. And Fedor didn't cheat. He didn't grab the rope as his palm was open.

Lindland on the other hand grabbed the rope (the vertical) and used it to coral Fedor:
2ptta1k.gif

Jones pokes people in the eyes every time he fights.

Realistically, no. Gus and jones would beat prime fedor easily.

I'll seriously never ever understand people who enjoy watching a guy like Jones tower over everyone he fights. WTF is the appeal? I don't even hate him I just don't get it. It's not exactly the embodiment of martial arts either to always have massive physical advantages over every single opponent.

Fedor would've drop Bones with his over hand right, Fedor clinch game was also incredible at his prime.

Back